PDA

View Full Version : Where Are They Now? Shamrock Rovers Double Team 1986

el punter
13/03/2006, 4:26 PM
Anybody spot this in The Sunday Times yesterday?

It's a decent series they do showing a team photo from ye olde days then giving a paragraph to each player in the pic. It's usually British teams from varying sports but Rovers got a look in yesterday - it's good stuff.

Paul Doolin with a full head of hair, a young Liam O'Brien and Mick Neville too!

OneRedArmy
13/03/2006, 6:26 PM
Anybody spot this in The Sunday Times yesterday?

It's a decent series they do showing a team photo from ye olde days then giving a paragraph to each player in the pic. It's usually British teams from varying sports but Rovers got a look in yesterday - it's good stuff.

Paul Doolin with a full head of hair, a young Liam O'Brien and Mick Neville too!Also known as "half the Derry City treble team of 89". ;)

The main thing it brought home to me was that it wasn't just my dodgy memory, Jody Byrne's hair actually DID look like that.......

Jerry The Saint
14/03/2006, 8:53 AM
Where Are They Now?

A: The First Division.

Next question please.

CollegeTillIDie
14/03/2006, 10:21 PM
JODI BYRNE; Drogheda goalkeeper coach MICK NEVILLE Shelbourne Youth Academy .... and I didn't take the Times last Sunday :D

hamish
15/03/2006, 2:28 AM
A: The First Division.

Next question please.

LOL- you cruel thing you.:D :D

Aberdonian Stu
15/03/2006, 9:55 AM
The main thing it brought home to me was that it wasn't just my dodgy memory, Jody Byrne's hair actually DID look like that.......

Very good:D

Battery Rover
15/03/2006, 12:09 PM
Could someone please post the full team. Would be interesting how many of them I would remember

hoopy
15/03/2006, 8:24 PM
The all-conquering Shamrock Rovers side of the mid 1980s are regarded as the greatest League of Ireland side of all.

Pity a few lads on here won't accept that fact:D