PDA

View Full Version : Stuart Pearce's opinion of Richard Dunne

tetsujin1979
13/03/2006, 3:03 PM
From a press conference this afternoon:

"I think his performance was very good, his leadership qualities were very good, and I think we’re very fortunate to have two leaders like him and Sylvain in our team. I know it’s a very proud moment for him when he captains this Club."

OwlsFan
14/03/2006, 8:56 AM
Yes, Giles was very complimentary about Dunne as well. Let's hope his progress continues and that he'll tie down one of the Irish centre-half berths for the next 10 years to come.

greatbleddyman
14/03/2006, 9:37 AM
Dunne deserves an England call up, c'mon Sven

John83
14/03/2006, 4:29 PM
Dunne deserves an England call up, c'mon Sven
You may laugh, but I had to give out to some English punter who wanted Dean Kiely to get a callup once. He just didn't know. I suspect Dunne's Irishness might be better known though.

Rory H
14/03/2006, 4:46 PM
he's going down faster than jade goody after 3 bottles of wine tonight

come on juan pablo

ken foree
15/03/2006, 2:05 PM
joe royal said in a post match interview once that 'big dunney could be... anything' which i thought was a remarkable comment. i love the honey monster, he's still young for a cb and occasionally loses out ball watching, but has a fair amount of pace & strength to go with a good hit. he's got a half-decent goal record, i think he's got 3 or 4 for ireland? and can strike a ball well as takes up good positions at corners. *could* be world class, desperately would love that to happen

dougdub
22/03/2006, 12:50 PM
Dunne has been a class player for sometime now and having watched him as a winger YES A WINGER on a number of occassions during the City promotion season of 01/02 he is versatile and he showed some of that on Monday against West ham when he played up front for ten minutes and did more for that 10 minutes than Bradley Wright Phillips did for the entire match.

It was close between Dunne and Keane for Ireland captain but I'm sure when Robbie is out we'll have a Captain Fantastic in Richie Dont Mess with Me Dunne to step in !