PDA

View Full Version : Best Newspaper for Eircom Roundup?

el punter
13/03/2006, 12:42 PM
I was expecting to see some style of a pullout with reports and team listings in the Star today seeing as they had a cool magazine to lauch the league, but its just crappy scores/scorers and league table.

Any of the other budgie cage liners any better?

Block G Raptor
13/03/2006, 1:28 PM
nope all shyte
if something goes wrong they'll be queueing up to report on that (esp Eviling Herag)

A face
13/03/2006, 1:37 PM
nope all shyte
if something goes wrong they'll be queueing up to report on that (esp Eviling Herag)

You're not far wrong there fella, kunts

BohDiddley
13/03/2006, 2:53 PM
Is Saturday not a better guide?
I thought Irish Times coverage on Sat. was very poor, with a few paltry inches more akin to Bridge Notes, compared with usual acres of rugby international (fair enough) and various GAA shenanigans -- fellas arguing about beating each other up, and suchlike, as usual.
My impression is that it used to be better than that, but I'm not 100% sure. Didn't see any of the others.
BTW, don't hold your breath for the day any newspaper adopts a policy of reporting only good news.

Poor Student
13/03/2006, 2:55 PM
The only day I get to read all the papers is Sunday. Usually the Star on Sunday is reliable enough for some eL coverage. However this Sunday I couldn't find any. Not even Shoddy's stupid article. The Sunday People also used to do a decent eL section but it disappeared laast year when the Premiership started up. Someone on here said they let the girl go who took care of it. eL coverage seems to be scaled back so far on Sunday's.

el punter
13/03/2006, 4:21 PM
The Northern papers have heaps of Irish League coverage on Sundays...as well as GAA and rugby so that's no excuse for not covering it.

max power
13/03/2006, 4:26 PM
Last season the mirror pull out on a friday wasn't too bad, i don't bother with them the rest of the week.

Risteard
13/03/2006, 6:51 PM
Good point Poor Student.
I'd expect it to pick up when the english premiership finishes up.

Dassa
13/03/2006, 7:22 PM
Whats the ROI edition of the Mirror like for coverage. Mirror up here has 4-8 pages on a monday and 8 pages on junior football on a tuesday as well as covering other football like internationals. And has an article by Darren Fullerton which is usually pretty good. Anything similar down there.

Cosmo
14/03/2006, 7:28 AM
The mirror last season used to have an 8 page pull out on fridays and a 4 page pull out on mondays all solely on the Eircom League.

It was the only reason I used to buy it - HOWEVER, I see the 4 page monday pullout was replaced with a sh!te GAA pullout yesterday.

Anyone know if the GAA sh!te will be taking over the good EL coverage in the mirror this season on mondays and fridays? If so, I won't be bothering with the mirror anymore!

Btw the free daily metro usually has decent EL coverage too!! Fair play to them!

MariborKev
14/03/2006, 9:14 AM
Was it just me or did the IT yesterday have nothing whatsoever in terms of last night's games

Poor Student
14/03/2006, 9:46 AM
The Northern papers have heaps of Irish League coverage on Sundays...as well as GAA and rugby so that's no excuse for not covering it.

There's this paper "The Sunday Life", its IL coverage is top quality. The backpage headline is often the IL and the IL comes before the Premiership in the back page order. You could have 6-10 pages on the IL, reports on all games in all divisions and often as much about Derry as some Southern papers will print on the LOI.

el punter
14/03/2006, 12:01 PM
Yeah I often pick up the Sunday Life to read about the Irish League. It's available easier than you might expect (in North County Dublin anyway).