PDA

View Full Version : Eircom League Weekly

Anto McC
12/03/2006, 3:11 PM
Just a reminder to all about the leagues only highlights programme,which is back tomorrow night on TV3 at 11.25pm!!

sligoman
12/03/2006, 3:17 PM
Clashes with Podge and Rodge:( :p.

GalwayFrancis
12/03/2006, 3:24 PM
anyone know if there was cameras up in monaghan for the galway game?

Conor H
12/03/2006, 3:29 PM
No cameras.....well no TV cameras anyway.

dcfcsteve
12/03/2006, 3:31 PM
Just a reminder to all about the leagues only highlights programme,which is back tomorrow night on TV3 at 11.25pm!!

Thanks Anto - would've forgotten otherwise !

Ahhhh it's great to have the fitba back ! "We are top of the league - say we are top of the league...." :D

pete
12/03/2006, 4:53 PM
I don't suppose any chance tv3 will shake up the format of the programme or anything?

I like the way at the end of Setantas Italian football highlights show they have 10 top goals of the season so far slow updating it each week as appropriate.

I think too much talking in eL weekly as people want to see football & goals.

CollegeTillIDie
12/03/2006, 4:55 PM
Clashes with Podge and Rodge:( :p.
The 5:50a.m. repeat on Tuesday morning doesn't !:D

TonyD
12/03/2006, 5:57 PM
No cameras at Inchicore for Pats v Waterford (Not that it was a great game or anything) Obviously starting where they left off last season.:mad: It will be interesting to see how many games are covered tomorrow night.

Maz
12/03/2006, 5:58 PM
Id say it will be mostly Shels Cork Derry and Bohs featured on the show

pól-dcfc
12/03/2006, 6:00 PM
Any chance of someone taping it and uploading it for all the exiles?

I know its a lot to ask, but it'd be warmly recieved.

Speranza
12/03/2006, 6:18 PM
Pol, the official City site done this with our goals last season. Might be doing the same this term.

pól-dcfc
12/03/2006, 10:00 PM
Aye but goals only is a bit ****. I'd prefer to see the analysis and the rest of the games tbh.

Cosmo
13/03/2006, 7:34 AM
Aye but goals only is a bit ****. I'd prefer to see the analysis and the rest of the games tbh.

A drogheda fan puts up all the drogheda footage from EL weekly (link will be on our messageboard during the week I'd say!) and Bohs put up their own highlights too

NY Hoop
13/03/2006, 12:01 PM
We are recording all our games so fridays win should be on tonight. Look oput for the mental celebrations for the winner:D

KOH

Shimokita
13/03/2006, 12:23 PM
I don't suppose anyone's able to capture the highlights show and post the torrent somewhere...?

A face
13/03/2006, 12:37 PM
Is it still being repeated the following morning ??

ThatGuy
13/03/2006, 12:59 PM
Do you think that anyone visits an Eircom League message board in their free time needs to be reminded that the only Eircom League highlights show is on television tonight in its usual slot? ;)

A face
13/03/2006, 1:25 PM
I've added it to the calendar anyway.

JW.
13/03/2006, 2:35 PM
I imagine it's highly unlikely, but it would be no harm if they shook up the programme a bit. The format is very stale at this stage.
I realise that they're very limited, no doubt, by resources, but a feature piece on one of the games (like they do on MOTD2 on BBC) with interviews with fans before/after the game would go a long way.

Furthermore, the analysis has to change. They should have one of the pundits picking out examples from the main game other than the highlights previously seen (eg, Glen Crowe had a great game, I've picked out some clips of his link-up play and even some of him chasing back, etc). As it is now, they basically show the highlights and then show them again with the two lads mumbling cliches over it.

Setanta's coverage of its Cup is a country mile better than TV3s of eircom League Weekly, and in this day and age people notice it. Let's be honest - it's a hard show to watch if you're not an eL fan.
Changing that Beck song at the start would be no harm either.
JW

A face
13/03/2006, 10:06 PM
Bump

Up you come there big fella !!!

Raheny Red
14/03/2006, 9:55 AM
I missed it last night as we had to endure Shels playing live footie last night :rolleyes: , was it any good and how many games did they show? :confused:

sonofstan
14/03/2006, 10:05 AM
Osam starts as he means to go on; referring to Dean Delaney's boo- boo for Bray's second, the master goes 'that's a bread and butter catch' dramatic pause 'butterfingers more like ...'

Ash
14/03/2006, 10:10 AM
I thought Osam looked like he'd rather be anywhere else than in the studio.

What do the Shams (or Division 1 Rovers) fans think of Scully practicially
saying if they finished top of the league, but the stadium wasnt finished,
they wouldn't be complaining about not getting promoted!

Rory H
14/03/2006, 10:23 AM
finally the tv licence is justified.....paul osam cures 26% of cases of insomnia in ireland last night...

A face
14/03/2006, 10:30 AM
finally the tv licence is justified....

I dunno about that?? :eek:

TV3 dont get a bean from the licence fee and RTE, because they are meant to be fufilling the role of a national broadcaster, get it all. Hardly fair i know but that is the way it is.

Rory H
14/03/2006, 10:32 AM
ah.....thanks:D

Aaron
14/03/2006, 11:14 AM
I was rather annoyed that it hasnt changed one bit. In any programme like this u try and improve but everything was the same bar taking off harps and rovers name at the intro and putting in sligo and dublin c. Music was the same and studio was same. Expected a little better aswell in the highlights package. :mad: :mad:

WeAreRovers
14/03/2006, 11:25 AM
TV3 dont get a bean from the licence fee

Not true, there's a percentage of the fee which goes into an independent fund. Setanta and TG4 got money but TV3's submission lacked "quality and good programme ideas" according to the BCI.

TV3 are rubbish and no amount if bleating by them about the licence fee will change that.

As for Scully, his general point about clubs being ready for the new league is one that we accept. But, it was a general point.

KOH

A face
14/03/2006, 11:38 AM
there's a percentage of the fee which goes into an independent fund.

How do you qualify for a portion of that fund? Do Chorus get some of it?

Poor Student
14/03/2006, 11:49 AM
They showed 4 games out of the 5 from last week's Premier programme. The one left out was Pat's v Waterford. Was it due to the renovations or the fact there were no goals? Osam remains very sceptical about the new changes whereas Scully seems very excited and certain they'll work. Osam raised the point that if a club does well on the field and is denied promotion then how the hell are they to raise the funding to turn it around in the future? The programme followed its exact same format. There were also highlights of the Shamrock Rovers game.

WeAreRovers
14/03/2006, 12:03 PM
How do you qualify for a portion of that fund? Do Chorus get some of it?

Here you go -

http://www.bci.ie/broadcast_funding_scheme/index.html

KOH

A face
14/03/2006, 2:14 PM
Here you go -

http://www.bci.ie/broadcast_funding_scheme/index.html

KOH

Nice one WAR, just wondering though (it really not clear) does your programme have to be broadcasted/broadcasting to get the money but that i mean, if you are developing a programme and need to look at your budget, do you go ahead and factor in the money that you dont have yet, if you know what i mean.
Do you need something in writing saying you have an agreement with a station to have it aired and you then get the money on the strength of that?

WeAreRovers
14/03/2006, 2:24 PM
A Face - I know this is going way off-topic but the simple answer is I don't know. I suspect that you'd have to get your programme commissioned first but if you had a proposal that might qualify for this funding then you'd have a better chance of getting commissioned. Maybe.......

KOH

A face
14/03/2006, 2:44 PM
A Face - I know this is going way off-topic but the simple answer is I don't know. I suspect that you'd have to get your programme commissioned first but if you had a proposal that might qualify for this funding then you'd have a better chance of getting commissioned. Maybe.......

KOH

No worries fella ... i'll bounce an email off them when i get a chance. You're probably right though.