PDA

View Full Version : Cobh Ramblers v Kilkenny City

Dj Duffer
11/03/2006, 5:22 PM
Whats the prediction on tonights game lads? I reckon 2-0 or 2-1 to Rams. What do ye think the team will be?

nismo
11/03/2006, 11:24 PM
w 1-1,2 points dropped. sickened.

we were ****.

some start

joema
12/03/2006, 12:21 PM
How did City play?
Good point for us

Comic Book Guy
12/03/2006, 1:52 PM
Played very well and will be a very hard team to beat over the course of the season, they also played a lot of ground football and were easy on the eye.
You had the better of the first half and deserved the lead, second half Kilkenny were on the defensive for a lot but still could have won it late on, David Breen (I think, it was very foggy) made a goal line clearance. Bruton had a good chance late on to steal the win but hit it straight at the keeper when he could have squared it to the unmarked Dave Warren, all told it was a disappointing home performance but that does not take away from Kilkenny who deserved at least a draw.
P.S your No.10 was very good and looks to be a real find.

joema
12/03/2006, 3:53 PM
Nice one!
Thanks for that Comic Book Guy

Dj Duffer
12/03/2006, 6:10 PM
Ya I was going to say that myself that striker looks like hes going to be a handful for any defence this season! Not sure what his name is but hes very pacy, has good skills and is very strong.

ramblers
12/03/2006, 7:18 PM
Cobh made kilkenny look very good last night. Our midfield was non existant and our 2 full backs left a lot to be desired. Alan Carey needs to be back in the team next week. We were not getting a good supply to the forwards and kilkenny over ran the midfield. On this performance we will not do as well as some people think. I give the Manager 10 games and if we are not in the top 3 he will need to look at his position. This is the most important season for Cobh and we cannot afford to be off the pace.

Dj Duffer
12/03/2006, 7:51 PM
If Alan Carey was back in the team it would make it worse! I rate Ken Coleman better than him.

joema
12/03/2006, 8:13 PM
Ya I was going to say that myself that striker looks like hes going to be a handful for any defence this season! Not sure what his name is but hes very pacy, has good skills and is very strong.

Is he the same guy who scored the goal? - Conor Buckley is his name. Its a whole new squad for us this season - I only know a few of the players names at the moment

Dj Duffer
12/03/2006, 8:20 PM
Ya thats him it was a good finish aswell. Ye have a fella in centre-mid aswell who looks like Pires!!!

ramblers
13/03/2006, 7:04 PM
Kenny Coleman is not a full back and I would not rate Kenny coleman better then Carey based on his performance on Saturday.

Dj Duffer
13/03/2006, 7:45 PM
What do ya think he is so? Hendo only plays Carey for his 'dead ball' ability and he cant cross his legs!

neutral
14/03/2006, 1:57 AM
id have do agree with you dj duffer, caro is poor ive never rated him, at city or at waterford. his distribution during play is very poor, but he is athletic and good with set pieces and in the 1st div he will get away with it. If you compare him to James Cummins, who was released and now with city, then James is far superior in terms of tecnical ability, but then again he is not as athletic as caro or as experienced.....must be what hendo is looking for....

Dj Duffer
14/03/2006, 7:25 AM
I couldnt understand why Jammer was released he never was given a fair run in the first team. But i suppose the first division is a physical league and technical ability doesnt matter.