PDA

View Full Version : Are you Amateur or Professional ?

renovater
10/03/2006, 8:03 PM
With the new season all most upon us I sure clubs have there expectation high, and why not. Some will think them good enough to win the title while others will target a good Cup run. Then there are those who will question will they stay up in there respective divisions.
Then there are others who will want to win at all cost, and this is the burning question that is on everyone’s lips.;)
How can this club bring in this Manager or how can this club attract this player or players. Then we have those who will look for loop hole into not playing a game or how to get around a rule or even may look favourable to have certain referees officiate there game.
Remember one thing you are junior clubs with amateur status, try to remember this before your next game.

gnasher
11/03/2006, 10:55 AM
With the new season all most upon us I sure clubs have there expectation high, and why not. Some will think them good enough to win the title while others will target a good Cup run. Then there are those who will question will they stay up in there respective divisions.
Then there are others who will want to win at all cost, and this is the burning question that is on everyone’s lips.;)
How can this club bring in this Manager or how can this club attract this player or players. Then we have those who will look for loop hole into not playing a game or how to get around a rule or even may look favourable to have certain referees officiate there game.
Remember one thing you are junior clubs with amateur status, try to remember this before your next game.

Spoken like a true porfessional!

renovater
11/03/2006, 11:01 AM
Spoken like a true porfessional!
One first of all under stand what professionalism is before you understand what Amateu's are.

galactico
11/03/2006, 1:49 PM
One first of all under stand what professionalism is before you understand what Amateu's are.
you sound like a man that is envious of clubs or as you put it ...THAT CLUB..

Thunderblaster
13/03/2006, 9:49 PM
Check the dictionary and define the two words amateur and professional.

juan pablo
14/03/2006, 4:38 PM
lads, what are ye on about??
a small bit of respect for every club for even being involved in mayo soccer, none of us are professionals, of course every club wants to do well and all.

renovater
16/03/2006, 9:21 PM
lads, what are ye on about??
a small bit of respect for every club for even being involved in mayo soccer, none of us are professionals, of course every club wants to do well and all.
I must agree with you. Our fellow thread bearers have missed the point I was making.
My comments were not dierected at any club or clubs just to find out what tread bearers may have thought.
So all I can say is that you are narrow minded rarther than broad minded.
Please think before you quote

Mpndo
21/03/2006, 12:55 PM
could someone delete this thread. I've just wasted a minute of my day reading this rubbish

Mod edit:
Agreed :thread going nowhere: closed