Wanderers 1 up after 12 mins (Zayed)

Get in there.....

tippex
10/03/2006, 7:10 PM
Nuts Byrne on 19 mins for $hels

Wanderers 1 - 1 Shelbourne

Seamuslawless
10/03/2006, 9:55 PM
Finished 2-2, decent enough game, on the back foot for most of the 2nd half though. Penalty was very harsh. Eamon's goal was a cracker.

KR's Post
11/03/2006, 9:57 AM
What a game, great atmosphere. Having everyone together seemed to have improved that!!!!! Think we did enough to win the game, but would've taken a point before hand. Referree was very poor imo, seems to be one rule for shels and another for every other club. Added 6 mins when there should only have been 4! didn't see the handball but he seemed to hesitate in giving it and the n hesitate in giving wes the 2nd yellow. If it was given for the handball then surely wes sholud have recieved a straight red, not that i'm complaining he didn't! All in all we looked good last night, and a sign of things to come! Bring it on.....

Cabinteelygull
11/03/2006, 10:02 AM
Can someone please tell me was the penalty really a penalty, if you catch my drift. I couldnt beleive it when i saw the ref point to the spot:eek:

On another note, im really ****ed off with the object (tennis ball it looked like) being thrown onto the pitch. Understanably tensions can run high, but it wasnt necessary. Also the fact that some gobsh*** stewart waddlled up and threatend to throw me out, accusing me of throwing it. I told him it came from the back, but he was having none of it:mad:

oh yea game was good too:p

REVIP
11/03/2006, 10:08 AM
The box was so crowded that it was difficult to see what happened. I assumed it was given for the ball striking Wesley's hand.

Was he then sent off for dissent?

The ball came down over my head and I was sat halfway up, so would guess it was from some plonker at the back - think it was one of those luminous golf balls.

KR's Post
11/03/2006, 10:21 AM
The box was so crowded that it was difficult to see what happened. I assumed it was given for the ball striking Wesley's hand.

Was he then sent off for dissent?

The ball came down over my head and I was sat halfway up, so would guess it was from some plonker at the back - think it was one of those luminous golf balls.
It was a tennis ball, and i caught the kid who threw it... Told him off, only looked about 10! Little s-hit. What was his motive, i mean he didn't aim for anyone! Alot of coins thrown at skippy form the shels fans! If wes was sent off for the handball it should have been a straight red! simple as!

lowflyingseagul
11/03/2006, 10:25 AM
good performance, ref was terrible, wes was a bit lost in midfield but if robbie and zayed get service we will score alot of goals this season. changes for the next game willie tyrrel left back, wes centre back, caffo centre mid with pip(if foxy is injured), david tyrrel to play on the right wing

Cabinteelygull
11/03/2006, 10:38 AM
It was a tennis ball, and i caught the kid who threw it... Told him off, only looked about 10! Little s-hit. What was his motive, i mean he didn't aim for anyone! Alot of coins thrown at skippy form the shels fans! If wes was sent off for the handball it should have been a straight red! simple as!

fair play to you for that tarz, but why arent are stewards doing this? Fair enough if they didnt witness it it, but 1.accusing the first person they see and 2.if shels fans were indeed throwing coins why wasnt anything done about it?

KR's Post
11/03/2006, 11:42 AM
good performance, ref was terrible, wes was a bit lost in midfield but if robbie and zayed get service we will score alot of goals this season. changes for the next game willie tyrrel left back, wes centre back, caffo centre mid with pip(if foxy is injured), david tyrrel to play on the right wing
Why play wes there when Macker and Rochey played well there together! Caffo did ok on the wing and no way David Tyrell is a right winger! Wes might be suspended anyway!

pete
11/03/2006, 11:43 AM
Bad 2 points for ye to drop late night.

KR's Post
11/03/2006, 11:45 AM
fair play to you for that tarz, but why arent are stewards doing this? Fair enough if they didnt witness it it, but 1.accusing the first person they see and 2.if shels fans were indeed throwing coins why wasnt anything done about it?
Stewards didn't see who did it. I was talking to the head steward after the game and he said not one of them seen it. The little s-hit who threw it i have never seen before in my life at a game! Don't agree either with what the steward done accusing the first person he came across! Alot of Shels fans threw coins but weren't seen. To be honest it's hard in a large crowd to pinpoint indiviuals!

KR's Post
11/03/2006, 11:46 AM
Bad 2 points for ye to drop late night.
We should have won, but i would've taken a draw before the game. Got 9/4 in fact in the bookies!;)

Seagull
11/03/2006, 12:21 PM
What a game, great atmosphere. Having everyone together seemed to have improved that!!!!! Think we did enough to win the game, but would've taken a point before hand. Referree was very poor imo, seems to be one rule for shels and another for every other club. Added 6 mins when there should only have been 4! didn't see the handball but he seemed to hesitate in giving it and the n hesitate in giving wes the 2nd yellow. If it was given for the handball then surely wes sholud have recieved a straight red, not that i'm complaining he didn't! All in all we looked good last night, and a sign of things to come! Bring it on.....
Great performance, the atmosphere was great too. As a seat sitter, what a difference it made to have the shed-siders noise on our side this time! Did the ref even realise it was Wes's second yellow- only seemed to cop it when Wes started to walk? Eamo's goal was a cracker, a few more games like that should draw the crowds.

KR's Post
11/03/2006, 12:41 PM
Great performance, the atmosphere was great too. As a seat sitter, what a difference it made to have the shed-siders noise on our side this time! Did the ref even realise it was Wes's second yellow- only seemed to cop it when Wes started to walk? Eamo's goal was a cracker, a few more games like that should draw the crowds.

Well where were ya sitting? Near us? I quite liked where we were. Seemed to be much more than there was when we were in the shed! The Ref definetely didn't realise that he had given him a yellow. TBH he should've got a straight red if it was for handball, if it wsn't for handball then the peno shouldn't have been given as it would've benn accidental! Bring on Waaaaaaaaaaaterford!!!!

Seagull
11/03/2006, 1:55 PM
Well where were ya sitting? Near us? I quite liked where we were. Seemed to be much more than there was when we were in the shed! The Ref definetely didn't realise that he had given him a yellow. TBH he should've got a straight red if it was for handball, if it wsn't for handball then the peno shouldn't have been given as it would've benn accidental! Bring on Waaaaaaaaaaaterford!!!!
We were in front of the drums, nearer the pitch. Also, the team came to the seats-side after the game where normally they'd have gone to the shed, a big plus for us sitters! Thought the $hels crowd behind the goal swung the peno decision, ref didn't really see it. I liked the 'you fat b*stard' to Crowe, reminded me of the Cup final and James Mulligan...:D

KR's Post
11/03/2006, 1:59 PM
We were in front of the drums, nearer the pitch. Also, the team came to the seats-side after the game where normally they'd have gone to the shed, a big plus for us sitters! Thought the $hels crowd behind the goal swung the peno decision, ref didn't really see it. I liked the 'you fat b*stard' to Crowe, reminded me of the Cup final and James Mulligan...:D
Ah so you were in front of me so... I was one of the drummers, well try to be! Next time ya should come up and sing. An extra voice would be welcome, BIG time! Ye Caffo's celebration was deadly! Tbh they were bound to come over here once the singers were there. Don't mean to be Big headed there!

pete
11/03/2006, 2:07 PM
threads merged...

Roo69
11/03/2006, 3:26 PM
A good solid start to the season, but a case of 2 points lost. Thought we played really well as a team and looked solid through the spine, McGovern had a great game, won nearly everything in th air, Foxy was all over the pitch and Robbie and Eamon worked very well together. Was'nt impressed by the ref one single bit, a lot of very strange decision. I could'nt see the "peno" decision, but if it did strike his hand/arm then it was most certianly on purpose, a group of player closed the ball down, it was belted and from no more then 3/4 yards away it hit Wes.

All in all a draw against Shels is not a bad way to srart the season off.

Was Byrne not off-side for his 1st ?

EnDai
11/03/2006, 7:59 PM
Good performance by Bray. Disappointed in Shels performance, especially the seeming lack of hunger in the centre of the pitch.

In all it could have been worth for both sides, and a point is a fair reflection. Bray looked good going forward, thought Doyle looked very handy. Shels missed alot of good chances, and generally the final ball was lacking.

Roo69
11/03/2006, 9:43 PM
Good performance by Bray. Disappointed in Shels performance, especially the seeming lack of hunger in the centre of the pitch.

In all it could have been worth for both sides, and a point is a fair reflection. Bray looked good going forward, thought Doyle looked very handy. Shels missed alot of good chances, and generally the final ball was lacking.

Fair enough point of view and i think your spot on, Shels final ball was very poor.

Gareth
11/03/2006, 11:00 PM
Shels Match Report
http://www.shelbournefc.ie/news.php?id=267

After Match Comments
http://www.shelbournefc.ie/news.php?id=269

Eoingull
12/03/2006, 12:08 AM
I was standing just in front of all those Shelbourne supporters on the Bowler side, and to be honest, the ball clearly hit Wes on the hand. I'd have to agree that the ref didn't see the incident and all the shouting made his mind up for him. It was a shame, as the ball would have just gone out if left alone. The coin throwing was bad form, but there's no way the stewards would have been able to see who it was.

dublinwanderer
12/03/2006, 4:27 PM
Bring on Waaaaaaaaaaaterford!!!!

great game, atmosphere everything..:)
so tarzan you going to the blues then or what????? :confused:
hope we have a good crowd going to create a good atmosphere..:ball:

The Wanderer
12/03/2006, 8:07 PM
Was a fantastic game down the carlisle on friday, shed boys, made loads of noise and Caffo was loving yous!!! robbie played well lets hope him and Eamon can score loads of goals..

Stevo Da Gull
12/03/2006, 8:27 PM
Would have taken a draw before the game but ended up dissapointed. Great game, great atmosphere, we played very well and it was a game to remember, can't give the player's enough credit. Pitty about the tennis ball being thrown, kinda ruined the evening, that stuff is not welcome at The Carlisle:mad:

Lets hope we keep it up in Waterford, c'mon the Wanderers!:)

The Wanderer
12/03/2006, 9:31 PM
yeah was a shame with the ball been thrown on the beach, i seen Robbie and Glen Crowe going to gt it to throw it off the pitch, there was loads of coins thrown at Chris to.

footballplease
13/03/2006, 8:05 AM
cracking game - back 4 were all man of the match i think!

one complaint though - where were all the bray fans??? we had a good few at the end of the stand but thats it - the rest were shels!! What the hell do they want in this town? Man Utd to play every week before they get off their arses? Their loss, though - they missed a cracker!!

BrayZil
13/03/2006, 8:27 AM
Great performance on Friday by the lads. Disappointed we didn’t take all 3 points in the end. I was standing behind the goals and it the ball definitely hit Wes on the hand which is a shame cos we could have won the game. Eamo and Robbie looked very lively and will do well for us this year.

YoungHoop
13/03/2006, 1:25 PM
On another note, im really ****ed off with the object (tennis ball it looked like) being thrown onto the pitch. Understanably tensions can run high, but it wasnt necessary. Also the fact that some gobsh*** stewart waddlled up and threatend to throw me out, accusing me of throwing it. I told him it came from the back, but he was having none of it:mad:

Suprised no one has tried to blame either of these incidents on rovers fans at the game!!!!

I would at least expect Oilly to say somthing!!! but of course rovers fans are the only ones who would ever throw coins etc... bull crap

KR's Post
13/03/2006, 1:40 PM
great game, atmosphere everything..:)
so tarzan you going to the blues then or what????? :confused:
hope we have a good crowd going to create a good atmosphere..:ball:
Course i'm Going. Starting work early and everything for it!

Roo69
13/03/2006, 1:42 PM
Suprised no one has tried to blame either of these incidents on rovers fans at the game!!!!

I would at least expect Oilly to say somthing!!! but of course rovers fans are the only ones who would ever throw coins etc... bull crap

So how's the 1st division treating ya Tomo ? :D

KR's Post
13/03/2006, 2:43 PM
So how's the 1st division treating ya Tomo ? :D
ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha hahhahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahhahahahahahahahha hahahhahahhahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahahahahahah ahahhahahahahahahahahahhahah:D ;)

BrAyCMilan
13/03/2006, 4:43 PM
Where is Fenlon going blaming the pitch, saying that the surface was'nt as good as it looked???
He thought it was a little bobbly!! Poor aul Nutsy, turning into a right moan! I'd take the Carlisle over Tolka's pitch anyday.
Great start, well done lads!

Risteard
13/03/2006, 6:54 PM
I know ya.
As if it was unfair on Greg and Crawford that they couldn't get the ball on the ground and show their real class. Thought that was a very funny bit of whingeing.

Hulsey
14/03/2006, 11:06 AM
Stewards didn't see who did it. I was talking to the head steward after the game and he said not one of them seen it. The little s-hit who threw it i have never seen before in my life at a game! Don't agree either with what the steward done accusing the first person he came across! Alot of Shels fans threw coins but weren't seen. To be honest it's hard in a large crowd to pinpoint indiviuals!
When I saw the steward accucing your man I pointed the little **** out and he just looked at me blankly and continued to accuse the other lad. Thick Fcuk:mad: !

Hulsey
14/03/2006, 11:11 AM
cracking game - back 4 were all man of the match i think!

one complaint though - where were all the bray fans??? we had a good few at the end of the stand but thats it - the rest were shels!! What the hell do they want in this town? Man Utd to play every week before they get off their arses? Their loss, though - they missed a cracker!!
Why would you want that lot soiling the sacred Carlisle turf?:D

wanderette
14/03/2006, 4:18 PM
handy enough couple of points to pick up, but i didn't think we were particualry good to be honest. in fact, didnt really fill me with confidence...

its just the same thing that's been the problem for the fifteen years ive been supporting the club, we dont have a creative midfield, and therefore despite the fact that we have good forwards, we arent going to score enough goals because they dont have decent service. over the years we have had (and do at the moment have) some ok midfielders, but rarely have we had somebody who could really run a game. eddie gormley for a couple of seasons has probably been our best i would think. we've had good forwards and solid defences, but ive just always thought that we lacked in midfield.

wesley was lost there, didnt know what he was doing. he's a great centre back, but distribution is hardly his strong point.
i thought foxy was good but in a quiet way, did his job but didn't really do any classic foxy bursts forward, those powerful runs were missing.

as for robbie doyle, i dont want to insult him cos i know he's somebody on here's cousin, but i dont rate him as highly as the rest of you do.didnt when he was with us a few years ago, didnt when he was at ucd, bohs or pats. im noty saying he's terrible - he has a super first touch and good control, runs alot and is overall a decent player if not particualry special. but he drives me mad with his diving and moaning, and in particualr the number of fouls he commits. i think he lets the team donw that way.

of course, if he settles in it could work really well with eamonn, i'll be happy to be proved wrong... :-)

Cabinteelygull
14/03/2006, 5:04 PM
When I saw the steward accucing your man

I think that could be me your talking about there, but i appreciate the effort, i tried it myself but in vain:rolleyes:

Seagull
14/03/2006, 9:57 PM
its just the same thing that's been the problem for the fifteen years ive been supporting the club, we dont have a creative midfield, and therefore despite the fact that we have good forwards, we arent going to score enough goals because they dont have decent service.
I think Pip should be put in there, he's wasted at full back. The problem there is we never replaced Maurice Farrell...

Roo69
15/03/2006, 8:58 AM
handy enough couple of points to pick up, but i didn't think we were particualry good to be honest. in fact, didnt really fill me with confidence...

its just the same thing that's been the problem for the fifteen years ive been supporting the club, we dont have a creative midfield, and therefore despite the fact that we have good forwards, we arent going to score enough goals because they dont have decent service. over the years we have had (and do at the moment have) some ok midfielders, but rarely have we had somebody who could really run a game. eddie gormley for a couple of seasons has probably been our best i would think. we've had good forwards and solid defences, but ive just always thought that we lacked in midfield.

wesley was lost there, didnt know what he was doing. he's a great centre back, but distribution is hardly his strong point.
i thought foxy was good but in a quiet way, did his job but didn't really do any classic foxy bursts forward, those powerful runs were missing.

as for robbie doyle, i dont want to insult him cos i know he's somebody on here's cousin, but i dont rate him as highly as the rest of you do.didnt when he was with us a few years ago, didnt when he was at ucd, bohs or pats. im noty saying he's terrible - he has a super first touch and good control, runs alot and is overall a decent player if not particualry special. but he drives me mad with his diving and moaning, and in particualr the number of fouls he commits. i think he lets the team donw that way.

of course, if he settles in it could work really well with eamonn, i'll be happy to be proved wrong... :-)

We got 1 point out of the game.

Goal scoring is not really a problem for us, Last season we scored 40, that was the same as Drogheda. Only 4 teams scored more than us, and 3 of those teams were the top 3. The season before we scored 62 goals, only 1 behind UCD who had scored 63. Letting them in is where i'm concerened.

David Tyrrell and Paul Caffery will create plenty of chances for our strikers, as they did last season.

I thought Foxy had a great game, especially against a midfield as packed with talent as Shels, he won plenty of tackles, plenty in the air, got back to help the back 4 out and made some good runs forward, his passing was spot on as well.

Hulsey
15/03/2006, 10:42 AM
I think that could be me your talking about there, but i appreciate the effort, i tried it myself but in vain:rolleyes:
Wasn't too sure so threw down 'your man'.:p Yeah it was a joke alright, the stewards (who I recognise have a hard job at times) always seem to accuse the innocent.