PDA

View Full Version : Eddie O'Sullivan

joeSoap
09/03/2006, 3:06 PM
He leaves Donncha on the bench for a clearly past it Mal, and is obviously running a risk playing O'Connell who clearly isn't 100%. So, yes, he is a tosspot. Clearly the game to risk O'Connell in if you're going to take a risk is in Twickenham next week, partnered by O'Callaghan, when faced by Grewcock and Borthwick. O'Kelly and O'Callaghan should be able to handle the Scots. If not, they have no business playing 6 Nations rugby.

finlma
09/03/2006, 3:22 PM
That gave me a good laugh. I agree with you 100% too Joe.

Soko
09/03/2006, 3:37 PM
Its a joke by now. Even looking ahead, who does he honestly think will our WC second row - POC and MOK? Not a hope so why he insists on hanging onto this relic is beyond me.

Aberdonian Stu
10/03/2006, 11:54 PM
Bottom line on this is whether O'Connell is ready to start. I'm not sure he is and would have expected him to opt for a Mal and DOC option to start and see how it developed from there.

beautifulrock
11/03/2006, 11:26 AM
no matter who picks a team, any team be it Eddie o S or you and your mates in a pub you will disagree with some of the selections. If the only one you can find fault with is picking Mal then I dont see a problem. The relic as was said should have been chosen as man of the match against Wales. My guess is he wont be too far off that today either.

pete
11/03/2006, 11:35 AM
Oh i hate the use of "Mal" for Malcolm O'Kelly especially when used by some journalists. Seems to be a Dublin thing...

:rolleyes:

The big problem with O'Sullivan is he is obcessed with adapting for the other teams instead of imposing his own play on others. Every game this year he has changed tactics to "adapt" to others instead of forcing them to adapt to Ireland.

Aberdonian Stu
11/03/2006, 11:42 AM
Well seeing as I've heard his teammates/coaches refer to him as Mal I don't see what the big deal is.

pete
11/03/2006, 11:45 AM
Well seeing as I've heard his teammates/coaches refer to him as Mal I don't see what the big deal is.

Its fine on the web but Gerry Thornley always using it when doing previews on the radio. I know who he means but doesn't mean everyone else does. While i;m at it his accent is annoying too.

Dodge
11/03/2006, 3:14 PM
Thornley's the best analyst on any sport in any paper. Was gutted when the IT moved himm from football to rugby.

TheJamaicanP.M.
11/03/2006, 4:44 PM
Thornley's the best analyst on any sport in any paper. Was gutted when the IT moved himm from football to rugby.

Exactly. Was just saying the same thing to a mate an hour ago. Thornley is an outstanding journalist. I could listen to him talk about rugby all day. He makes everything so simple.

Soko
11/03/2006, 5:02 PM
no matter who picks a team, any team be it Eddie o S or you and your mates in a pub you will disagree with some of the selections. If the only one you can find fault with is picking Mal then I dont see a problem. The relic as was said should have been chosen as man of the match against Wales. My guess is he wont be too far off that today either.

Do you even watch the games?

TheJamaicanP.M.
11/03/2006, 5:33 PM
Do you even watch the games?

Why do you have to be so ignorant? Beautifulrock gave his opinion as he is entitled to. What makes your opinion any more valid than his?
I'd prefer to see Doncha O'C in ahead of Mal O'K but I can't help feeling that your view is based on allegiance to the Munster players.

Soko
11/03/2006, 7:33 PM
Why do you have to be so ignorant? Beautifulrock gave his opinion as he is entitled to. What makes your opinion any more valid than his?
I'd prefer to see Doncha O'C in ahead of Mal O'K but I can't help feeling that your view is based on allegiance to the Munster players.

I was going to post that about this views but I dodn't bother. i dont care where the player come from as long as they work and are the best players for the position. I've been calling for O' Kellys head for the past 2 years but hopefully EOS will hopefully wake now.

I didn't even state who I'd want ahead of him but of course you had to jump in anyway. I'd start DOC,Bob Casey and even Mick O' Driscoll for that matter. IMO saying MOK should have been MOM against Wales is ignorant as he crumpled in contact and did little else bar lineout work. He was better today but still not good enough.

I cant believe how commentators praise Stringer, I've never seen a SH arrive late for so many rucks. John Hayes is a disaster that could ruin our triple crown and Horgan/Murphy need to hold onto the ball in wet conditons, stop throwing stupid passes. Still mystified how we didn't score a try.

beautifulrock
11/03/2006, 8:21 PM
"Do you even watch the games" haha Soko come up with something original next time please. From reading your threads I watch it alot closer than you..fool

Soko
11/03/2006, 9:04 PM
"Do you even watch the games" haha Soko come up with something original next time please. From reading your threads I watch it alot closer than you..fool

That beautiful rock wouldn't happen to firmly entrenched in the south side of Dublin would it?

Dodge
11/03/2006, 10:06 PM
lads, relax. Stop getting personal...

beautifulrock
12/03/2006, 10:21 AM
sorry Dodge, your right, Soko you are so far wrong about where I live, anyway enough said on this subject