PDA

View Full Version : Keane Loyalty???? Opinions

leesider
30/05/2002, 9:04 AM
A number of people have claimed rightly or wrongly that Keane has been disloyal!! What are people's opinions on this??? Personally I think McCarthy had a nerve to question his loyalty when he has a player like Clinton Morrison in the squad. A little over a year ago he claims allegiance to England then when he sees he has no chance of getting on the team he switches to Ireland!!

In Roy's words McCarthy is a f***** w******!!!

patsh
30/05/2002, 9:19 AM
Oh, please!!!!!!!!
Mick was wrong to question Roy's loyalty and about faking injury.
Roy was wrong to say what he said.
Both are decent men, who have damaged our country's chances because of their own pride.
The FAI are wrong in the way they handled, or mishandled, everything.
Mick damaged himself further when he said he would run stuff by the players.
The squad of 22 have damaged themselves by their inconsistent and conflicting satements.
Result?
Our WC has been soured, our chances of progressing lessened, both by the absence of our best player, and the stress and bad preparation of the rest of the squad.
Ultimately, the people who must take the blame and do something about it are the FAI.
If the FAI people are really loyal to Irish soccer, a root and branch review of the whole association, the sacking of incompetent people and a completely revamped ruling body is a must.
As for our loyalty, it MUST be to Ireland and ANY team that represents us.

leesider
30/05/2002, 9:24 AM
I agree with everything you just said Oddboy..............except for maybe the "Oh please" bit at the start!!

Just trying to put the whole loyalty thing in perspective, McCarthy made one hell of a f*** up by saying what he did!!!

patsh
30/05/2002, 10:36 AM
Sorry about the Oh please, just meant it in a kind of not again way. Of course my inordinate amount of posting on the Keane V McCarthy issue blows the complaint out of the water....... :p

Éanna
31/05/2002, 3:01 PM
Originally posted by leesider
A number of people have claimed rightly or wrongly that Keane has been disloyal!!
Too right. keane is a traitor who walked out when his country needed him- JUDAS

James
31/05/2002, 3:06 PM
eanna i think we're all a bit sick of hearing about that now
ireland play cameroon tomoro so start focusing on that

the whole keane thing has been done to death and no matter how much you insult roy keane or the people who back him, you still aint going to change anythign or anyones opinions

so shut it

OK :)

Come on Ireland

MikeW
31/05/2002, 3:07 PM
Of course he has been disloyal - he wanted out even before the big bust-up with McCarthy, remember he retired from international football and said he was going home and apparently it was Alex Ferguson who talked him out of it. How much more disloyal do you want, walking out on your country days before the World Cup? And to cap it off he was offered a chance to get back in the squad if he just apologised, a reasonable gesture I think, but he threw that away because he felt like he was above apologising even if it meant leaving his country in the lurch. I've lost all respect for the guy - no commitment, no class - good riddance.

Anyway, its past time to forget about him and focus on the actual football. I think we can get a result against Cameroon, possibly a draw, but we need something to take out of the game even more than usual.

James
31/05/2002, 3:07 PM
YAWN

Éanna
31/05/2002, 3:29 PM
Originally posted by James
the whole keane thing has been done to death and no matter how much you insult roy keane or the people who back him, you still aint going to change anythign or anyones opinions Come on Ireland
spot on.