PDA

View Full Version : Boards.ie/Foot.ie Weekly Soccer Game

ciaran76
08/03/2006, 12:30 PM
We've been trying to get some names on a thread in the Soccer Forum (Boards.ie)for a weekly boards game. There's a few names so far but I thought I'd post here too since most people are not on both Boards.ie and Foot.ie message boards.

This will be a friendly game with no high level of skill. A game for fun and fitness. I'm looking to get a list of names of people who will definitely be there. I don't want to make a list of maybes. So if you don't care if it's raining or snowing, you wont be too lazy, you'll play even if hungover, you wont be watching the big game or seeing your partner etc and want a fun and healthy way to spend your Saturdays, just put your name down.

The times mentioned so far has been 2-3pm on a Sat, afternoon (Phoenix Park)

We would like for this to be a competitive yet friendly game. That means nobody having conversations and disrupting the game on the pitch, that you will give it your all but it also means that it's for the fun of it too. If somebody makes a mistake, laugh instead of moaning :)

So if you are intrested Pm me and I will add your name to the list.

Thanks,
Ciarán

A face
08/03/2006, 11:19 PM
So if you are intrested Pm me and I will add your name to the list.

Lads, i'd say post it aswell just to show that there is a level of interest. I'd imagine there are a good few heads up for a game.

ciaran76
09/03/2006, 12:04 PM
Here is a link to the area where we meet.

http://bussched.sourceforge.net/gmaps/boards_soccer.html

crc
09/03/2006, 12:36 PM
If there was a game in Cork, I'm always willing.

klein4
09/03/2006, 12:59 PM
so is it like a full 11 a side or what?
if you sticky it and let everyone know exactly where it is

dahamsta
09/03/2006, 3:07 PM
Lads, i'd say post it aswell just to show that there is a level of interest. I'd imagine there are a good few heads up for a game.I agree, people can't gauge interest if organisation happens privately.

I'll sticky this if it does get interest.

adam

ciaran76
10/03/2006, 3:05 PM
We have been doing it for a few weeks now with the boards.ie people and we are getting around 10-17 players coming down every week.

We usually get some people who are just around to join in and we sometimes get up to 11 a side games.Usually a 9 a side but as said in first post its all a bit of fun and a graet way to keep fit.

Weather is supposed to be good. We are meeting at 2pm at the monument of Wellington see, my post above for the map.

The figures are all over the place as people have commitments and all but all the same the intrest has been good and would like to keep the momentum going.

onenilgameover
13/03/2006, 8:32 PM
i'd be up for a game..so pm me if ye need heads..can probably bring a couple if im off work..