PDA

View Full Version : Connor Fined

harpskid
08/03/2006, 11:23 AM
The Management Committee of the eircom League at its meeting last night (March 7th) imposed a fine of €1,200 on Mr Sean Connor, Manager of Sligo Rovers FC for comments made by him which were critical of an eircom League referee and which were published in the media. The Management Committee of the League decided that €1,000 of the fine be suspended until the end of the 2006 season on condition that Mr Connor refrains from making similar comments during the course of the 2006 season. It was also decided that in the event of a re-offence, the €1,000 will be payable immediately and any such additional offence or offences will be dealt with separately.

The Management Committee of the League expressed its extreme disappointment at the comments in question and has written to all eircom League clubs today (March 8th) to reiterate that critical comments from staff, players and officials of clubs will not be tolerated and will be dealt with by the League in an appropriate manner.

Rory H
08/03/2006, 11:33 AM
on condition that Mr Connor refrains from making similar comments during the course of the 2006 season

might as well take the money now:D

is it that deering again ya?

Risteard
08/03/2006, 11:34 AM
What did he say?

Rory H
08/03/2006, 11:39 AM
Said something like dont not get on with him and does not want to see him in the Showgrounds this season

we all feel the same way and hopefully we wont

it wasnt the best thing to say though....fined before the season starts:rolleyes:

marktis
08/03/2006, 11:52 AM
Probably out of spite, we will have him for most of our matches at the Showgrounds this season !!!

It is appalling to have a local referee who always appears to give decisions to the visitors, he must really hate Sligo.

nephin
08/03/2006, 11:52 AM
He needs to be careful what he says in future.
€1200 is money the club need and not for spending on silly fines.
Nobody likes deering's refereeing abilities but there is a good chance he will ref at the showgrounds this season and he won't do us any favours.

Redtop
08/03/2006, 12:11 PM
he must really hate Sligo.
maybe he does but maybe he just doesnt want to seem biased if it is its really stupid because any good ref will call what he reckons is the right decision

Guts&Glory
08/03/2006, 12:30 PM
I cant see Deering referring at the Shwogrounds this year.....I know we often get Dublin refs at the Showgies when Rovers are playing Dublin teams but I cant see them doing it to us.......anyway the Dublin Teams wouldnt stand for a local Sligo ref for a game.....even though Deering wouldnt give us a decision in the entire 90 minutes.

Harking back to previous incidents...Mr.evil isnt a friend of Deering by nay chance!!!

Red&White Rover
08/03/2006, 8:42 PM
Sean Connor = Jose Mourinho, the coat, the arrogance, the i'm never wrong attitude, right down to the belittling of refs

Guts&Glory
09/03/2006, 9:29 AM
I know he read the book on Mourinho, his methods etc. and he seems to quote tactics and man management from the book quite a lot, "sure he was only Bobby robsons interpreter a few years ago why cant I manage in Europe!!"............coincidence.....I think not!!!

I know you need to have courage of your convictions when you are a manager in any field sport or private company but you also need humility.

Ash
09/03/2006, 9:41 AM
We put in a complaint against Deering a few seasons ago and requested
that he not be in charge of our games for the rest of the season because h
e was so bad and constantly bias against us

marktis
10/03/2006, 10:53 AM
Sean Connor = Jose Mourinho, the coat, the arrogance, the i'm never wrong attitude, right down to the belittling of refs

And perhaps belitting of Raf's as well :rolleyes: