PDA

View Full Version : FAO Josh Ritter fans

Neish
07/03/2006, 11:51 PM
Possibly some bad news for any one who has purchased tickets to see him on his Irish tour over the next week or so.

Was at him in Letterkenny tonight & about half way though his set he did himself some kind of injury and had to leave stage. There was about a half hour delay whilst a doctor was called, and it was announced over the PA that Josh could not continue,they did not say what happened. They said they hope to reschdule sometime in May and anyone who produces their ticket stubb would get tickets to the new date.

I urge anyone who has purchased tickets for him to contact the venue & to find out if the gig is going ahead which I severly doubt.

Was really enjoying the gig up to then. I hope its not to serious.

James
08/03/2006, 12:45 AM
will have full news tomorrow on this one. shame if the tour was cancelled

James
08/03/2006, 7:19 AM
update from josh's manager:

Thanks for your concern. Josh is doing much better - luckily it doesn't seem like anything too serious.

We'll see how he feels in the morning. We are hoping not to have to cancel any shows, of course, but it's too early to know.

Keep the good vibes coming,
Darius

finlma
08/03/2006, 8:13 AM
Wonder what happened to him. The gig in Galway on Sunday night was brilliant. I hope he can fulfill the rest of his schedule.
Probably the cold air up north played havoc with his voice ;)

Neish
08/03/2006, 11:14 AM
Wonder what happened to him. The gig in Galway on Sunday night was brilliant. I hope he can fulfill the rest of his schedule.

Not sure what happened at all, he was in the middle of a song and just stopped and bent over looked like a cramp at first but it must of been something else. Glad to hear its not to serious.

Probably the cold air up north played havoc with his voice;)

Yeah I'm sure it played a part alright, travelling up to the cold north from the tropical paradise that is Galway:D

James
08/03/2006, 11:40 AM
latest
-------
James,

He seems okay although we're playing it by year. It may have been food
poisoning or a bug...he's still sounds a bit **** but hopefully after some
rest he'll be okay.

Best,
Dave.

Gareth
09/03/2006, 5:57 PM
http://forum.thefulloctave.com/viewtopic.php?p=5005#5005

To hear him in full glory in HMV, check the link above.

I am going tomorrow night, I hope he's feeling better.

Neish
09/03/2006, 8:56 PM
latest
-------
James,

He seems okay although we're playing it by year. It may have been food
poisoning or a bug...he's still sounds a bit **** but hopefully after some
rest he'll be okay.

Best,
Dave.

Don't tell me he visited the China Tower Letterkenny? FBTN(post here on occasion and regular poster on the harps section irish footie netwoek also got food poisioning there