PDA

View Full Version : Monaghan v United

Conor H
07/03/2006, 9:22 PM
Its been 4 months since we've done this and now it's back.:) Should be good crack on the bus as usual,ive missed the oul away trips and best of all i think we'll win this one.
Mons 1 - United 3....repeat of last years opening encounter.:)

gufct
08/03/2006, 8:13 AM
9 booked already not counting you connor.There is a live simulcast of the game being beamed to tianemen square for Mao Tse Coleman and his boss!!!!!!!!!

geezer
08/03/2006, 9:30 AM
will bust the billion mark if he gets his way in china

also its thee place for recruiting players at the present, he should bring one back on trial and before long we will have busloads of tourists cameras in hand making the pilgrimage to Terryland

galwaygirl
08/03/2006, 9:44 AM
will bust the billion mark if he gets his way in china

Wonder what airline he's travelling with and what the baggage allowance is?
We could then work out how many lotto books he'll be bringing with him :D

Conor H
08/03/2006, 2:53 PM
9 booked already not counting you connor.There is a live simulcast of the game being beamed to tianemen square for Mao Tse Coleman and his boss!!!!!!!!!
Well im on!Also 2 more might be ill let ya know.

Terry
09/03/2006, 8:08 AM
so what would be peoples starting line-up ? I know there is a large suspension list for the first couple of games so someone can correct me if I pick one of those players.

Gough
Keady...Clery...Keane...O'Donnell
Cretaro...Harty...Murphy...O'Reilly
Lavine...Moran

Subs:
Gruszka
Carter
O'Dowd
O'Brien
Goldbey

galwaygirl
09/03/2006, 8:10 AM
so what would be peoples starting line-up ? I know there is a large suspension list for the first couple of games so someone can correct me if I pick one of those players.

Gough
Keady...Clery...Keane...O'Donnell
Cretaro...Harty...Murphy...O'Reilly
Lavine...Moran

Subs:
Gruszka
Carter
O'Dowd
O'Brien
Goldbey

Derek's suspended

gufct
09/03/2006, 8:35 AM
would be

Gough
Keady...Frawley Carter Keane...
Cretaro......Murphy...O'Reilly O'Donnell
Lavine...Moran

corbyeire
09/03/2006, 10:11 AM
have to agree with galway girl there - keep carter on the bench - for a big lad he cant head the ball and he almost seems in slow motion at times

needs to come up to speed yet

Terry
09/03/2006, 10:15 AM
have to agree with galway girl there - keep carter on the bench - for a big lad he cant head the ball and he almost seems in slow motion at times

needs to come up to speed yet

Carter cant head the ball? :confused:

Have you ever seen him play? In his last season with united he scored I think 5 goals, all with his head. He might play slow, but it near impossible to get the ball of him. I also think he was nominated for player of the season that year!

Terry
09/03/2006, 10:39 AM
Monaghan United v Galway United
Selection Prices from Paddypower
Monaghan United 9 - 4

Draw 11 - 5

Galway United evens

Friday 10th March 2006, 20:00

monutdfc
09/03/2006, 1:52 PM
Hi all,
I want to put a brief preview up on our website - injuries, suspensions, that sort of thing.
So do you have any injuries or suspensions for tomorrow night?
Perhaps some fans quotes :D :D
Tks

Conor H
09/03/2006, 3:19 PM
Derek's suspended
No it was brought forward 4 games to Finn Harps at home.

Olander
09/03/2006, 3:33 PM
why is phil reilly playing in centre mid ? i taught he was a left back or a left mid

Conor H
10/03/2006, 7:09 AM
Wont be on till tomorrow again......so.....
Come on utd!!!!!

Terry
10/03/2006, 9:32 AM
United travel to Monaghan United without five suspended players. Derek O'Brien, David O'Dowd, Juan Rojas, and Stephen Gavin are all serving one match bans from last season while Ciaran Foley is serving a three match ban.
www.galwayunitedfc.ie

Olander
10/03/2006, 9:40 AM
Elevenaside predicts that we lose 1-0 :o

JC_GUFC
10/03/2006, 10:56 AM
Monaghan United v Galway United
Selection Prices from Paddypower
Monaghan United 9 - 4

Draw 11 - 5

Galway United evens

Friday 10th March 2006, 20:00

I wonder who set those odds?! :p

corbyeire
10/03/2006, 6:05 PM
united are 9/1 for the league with 365 - also terry carter IS useless at heading the ball - he has height advantage on so many occasions and still manages to get his timing all wrong!

exiled_gufc_fan
10/03/2006, 9:27 PM
Is it a measure of our pre-season optimisim that I'm disappointed with a nil-all final score tonight?

At least it's a clean sheet ...

Gaillimh Al
10/03/2006, 10:08 PM
A good away point to start the season.:)

Hopefully a good crowd on Thursday and a few goals will really spark a great season.

JC_GUFC
11/03/2006, 1:01 AM
Not a great performance by United - we were the better team but there were very few chances in the game.

The pitch was woeful and made passing very difficult. In the 1st half Rafael Cretaro was our best player, playing right wing, though in the 2nd he faded out of the game. Up front Eric worked hard but Alan Murphy didn't look his old self - maybe he'll need a few more games....

Murphy had a great chance on about 70 minutes, Eric broke into the box after a quick throw, pulled the ball back to Murph but the ball seemed to get caught under his feet before he could get a shot away.
Later Derek O'Brien, who'd come on late in the 2nd half, broke clear down the left - he cut into the box but pulled his shot across goal and wide.
Goughy made one very good save for us but overall it was a pretty drab game. Midfield was our weakest area with Fran & Mixie not really mixieing with the best.
Billy had a very good game at the back and was probably man of the match and Alan Keane had a good game.

I wouldn't be overly unhappy with a point - it's a tough enough place to go and we looked OK but we really need to start scoring some goals....

Conor H
11/03/2006, 9:58 AM
Im physically destroyed after the game.:o

Not a great performance but it was the 1st game and Monaghan were very tough to break down.Roll on Thursday!:)

Conor H
11/03/2006, 11:00 AM
Raf was proabably the best player last night.Created a lot of chances and got stuck in.

The Stars
11/03/2006, 1:19 PM
Too good for that division....but anyway

Magicme
12/03/2006, 10:58 AM
You were not the better team. We created most of the play and kept your strikers in our defences back pockets most of the game!

As for the pitch, it was much better than last seasons opener so dont even try using that as an excuse. You were woeful and we were the better team, just not lucky enough to score.

On another note tho, was delighted with your fans. Your a sound bunch and are welcome in CHP any day. Dont forget if you do decide to do your summer overnighter, I will be able to sort you out with accommodation but give me at least 2 weeks in advance with pretty accurate numbers as hotels and b&bs are busy in Monaghan (believe it or not!)

GalwayFrancis
12/03/2006, 4:46 PM
photos from monaghan match: http://www.monaghanunited.ie/images/stories/Galway100306/
monaghanunited.ie report: http://www.monaghanunited.ie/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=224&Itemid=1

monutdfc
12/03/2006, 6:55 PM
In fairness, I think you were watching the game through blue-tinted spectacles there magicme. In a game of few chances a draw was probably a fair result, there wasn't that much between the teams. Galway might not have looked like title contenders on Friday night, but they were far from woeful.

Magicme
13/03/2006, 8:22 AM
I was a little over excited by the return of footie so yeah now that have had chance to calm down, a draw was the right result!

Terry
13/03/2006, 12:46 PM
Anybody care to guess at the attendance for the match?

galwaygirl
13/03/2006, 12:59 PM
Anybody care to guess at the attendance for the match?

JC GUFC reckons about 183 on another thread.
http://foot.ie/showthread.php?t=34327