PDA

View Full Version : Man dies in custody

paul_oshea
07/03/2006, 3:16 PM
what do people make of this, it appears he was the main suspect. I personally think its no harm that he died, probably better the world is rid of scum(!assuming he was the killer!), im pretty sure though the foot.ie ultra PC brigade will be on my case for saying that, but this guy was well known to gardai, had committed or so they had evidence to suggest, a string of armed robberies etc. the world in my opinion is a better place off without these sorta people.

Peadar
07/03/2006, 3:19 PM
He died in hospital, Paul. :rolleyes:

paul_oshea
07/03/2006, 3:20 PM
well actually they didnt say that, they said that he was PROUNOUNCED dead i.e. officially stated, but he could have been dead before he had actually reached the hospital....anyhow thats not taking away from what I said.

the whole media and news sites say in custody, so I was just paraphrasing what i read.

noby
07/03/2006, 3:27 PM
I personally think its no harm that he died, probably better the world is rid of scum(!assuming he was the killer!)

You don't need an ultraPC brigade to raise an eyebrow at a sentence like that. Plus, how about a link of some sort: 'man dies in prison' is pretty vague.

Peadar
07/03/2006, 3:31 PM
...how about a link of some sort: 'man dies in prison' is pretty vague.

Well here's (http://foot.ie/showthread.php?t=34208) the first link you should follow, just like Paul should have done.

Risteard
07/03/2006, 3:32 PM
probably better the world is rid of scum(!assuming he was the killer!), im pretty sure though the foot.ie ultra PC brigade.
As a proud member of said brigade, i can say that i agree it probably would be better if the world was rid of scum.

Would be wrong at this early stage however to presume that there was something untoward or to presume that he was guilty.
In fact, RTEs report stated he'd some serious illness recently.
Likely scenario at this stage is it was bad-timing (for the innocent Gardai who find themselves open to all sorts of accusations now).
"Maybe the vengeful might of God exercised his powers." - Well thats what some of the right-wing Christian brigade might claim anyway.:rolleyes:

ThatGuy
07/03/2006, 4:28 PM
what do people make of this, it appears he was the main suspect. I personally think its no harm that he died, probably better the world is rid of scum(!assuming he was the killer!), im pretty sure though the foot.ie ultra PC brigade will be on my case for saying that, but this guy was well known to gardai, had committed or so they had evidence to suggest, a string of armed robberies etc. the world in my opinion is a better place off without these sorta people.
Why not bring in the death penalty then? This isn't the dark ages, and this isn't a backwards southern US state or Iraq.

You aren't God, you don't get to decide who deserves to die.

paul_oshea
07/03/2006, 4:35 PM
no i dont, it was my personal opinion, hence why i said that above.

what do you suggest oh wise mediator?

paul_oshea
07/03/2006, 4:55 PM
One thing that really annoys me. Given the popularity of cocaine in the upper and middle class scene - y'know the "social drug" scene?

im sorry to tell ye but this is no longer the case, it is readily available, i was back at a mates house party, when a load of fellas some who werent even earning, the rest scraping by, you know the type local lads, who havent really left the town apart from match day ;), kept going in and out of the toilet. to go sniffing.

anyhow over here in the big smoke of londain, it is readily available and used by all sorts, and i mean all sorts, 2gs and 3gs that you wouldnt expect to be using it.

Risteard
07/03/2006, 4:56 PM
what do you suggest oh wise mediator?
What does he suggest about what?
You haven't made a suggestion yourself. You just said you thought it was no harm that he died.
With all due respect and all that malarky like

paul_oshea
07/03/2006, 5:02 PM
ya fair point ristead, but he came out and didnt really make a point. i wasnt suggesting anything, but he infered that he had one, but didnt elaborate.

Dotsy
08/03/2006, 8:21 AM
Natural causes according to the first post mortem. Looks like it was a brain haemorrhage. By all accounts this guy was an serious armed robber. I certainly won't be losing any sleep over his death.

NeilMcD
08/03/2006, 2:29 PM
He had throat cancer also and he was a heroin addict also. I dont think many people will shed a tear for him to be honest.