PDA

View Full Version : Radcliffe out of Commonwealth Games

Block G Raptor
07/03/2006, 8:43 AM
http://home.eircom.net/content/irelandcom/breaking/7554695?view=Eircomnet

CollegeTillIDie
12/03/2006, 9:06 AM
Another disappointment for Paula who has more than her fair share of knocks in her career. She's married to an Irishman and seems to be a decent sort. I watch out for her when the Irish are not running or are out of the reckoning.

Block G Raptor
13/03/2006, 4:40 PM
Yeah me too she's about the only english sportsperson that I don't like to see lose (I Know that probably says more about me than her)

Bald Student
20/03/2006, 8:12 PM
Another disappointment for Paula who has more than her fair share of knocks in her career.She runs the marathon though, you have to expect setbacks in that sport. If it was easy everyone would do it.

Aberdonian Stu
20/03/2006, 8:46 PM
But Bald Student you and I have both done a marathon, multiple marathons in your case. Unlike those fancy dan high performance athletes we know what it's about because you haven't really done one unless it takes you 6 hours to do it:D

pete
21/03/2006, 10:34 AM
Is there a more pointless sporting championship than the Commonwealth Games? What is the point anyway/

strangeirish
21/03/2006, 3:24 PM
Is there a more pointless sporting championship than the Commonwealth Games? What is the point anyway/

It gives people from Cork a chance to represent other countries.....:D

Rory H
21/03/2006, 3:32 PM

something to entertain the queen i think

sure last week a corgi won a bronze medal in the swimming...says it all

Bald Student
21/03/2006, 4:10 PM
But Bald Student you and I have both done a marathon, multiple marathons in your case. Unlike those fancy dan high performance athletes we know what it's about because you haven't really done one unless it takes you 6 hours to do it:DSure I don't even consider the marathon to be an endurance event any more. I can run a marathon faster than I can play a round of golf.