PDA

View Full Version : City vs Swifts

ccfcgirl
06/03/2006, 9:55 PM
City won 2-0 . Oflynn and George . Roy was red carded....I enjoyed the game . Joey and George played some lovily football.George got man of the match . Poor crowd. Swifts fans sang for the hole geme fair play.

DolansWaistcoat
07/03/2006, 7:05 AM
Two great goals,the game died a bit after the second goal,swift heads were great alright sang their heads off.city crowd was quiet but I was by the half- way line on the derrynane side and at one stage some mad blondie wan started a 'stand up for the cork city' going,fair play.:)

pete
07/03/2006, 11:25 AM
No disrespect to Dungannon but too easy for City. Open style of play totally suited us.

Pitch getting better & in couple of weeks after some more cutting will have nice pace to it.

joeSoap
07/03/2006, 11:28 AM
I was a bit disappointed with Roy O'Donovans reaction to the tackle. Yes, it was a bad tackle, but to go in with the head like that was inexcusable and in a bigger game against better opposition could be the difference between winning and losing. Good to see Richardson didn't condone it after the gane though.

Risteard
07/03/2006, 11:28 AM
I thought they looked decent until Roy got sent off.
Won't be a stroll in the park up there with Joey and Roy out.

adamd164
07/03/2006, 12:18 PM
We played very well for periods and to be fair when we were 2-0 up we didnt have to bother!

ollie
07/03/2006, 12:20 PM
the swifts were competitive but limited in my opinion.after city were down to 10 men you would have thought they would have taken the game to city but this didn't happen.city could have scored more but i'm happy the 3 points and 2 goals

daveh
07/03/2006, 12:47 PM
Good win last night, Did anyone else think Flynny had a bit of a spring in his step last night?

pete
07/03/2006, 12:48 PM
Good win last night, Did anyone else think Flynny had a bit of a spring in his step last night?

Before he scored I was asking if he was on the pitch but once the ball was near him he looked a whole lot more interested that the other 2 games.

daveh
07/03/2006, 2:31 PM
Before he scored I was asking if he was on the pitch but once the ball was near him he looked a whole lot more interested that the other 2 games.

Ya he seemed to be chasing defenders all over the place and closing the ball down more than he usually does last night, I think he won the ball back a few times by simply closing defenders down.

Mybe its because of his goal against Drogheda last year or sumtin:confused:

ccfcgirl
07/03/2006, 3:11 PM
Two great goals,the game died a bit after the second goal,swift heads were great alright sang their heads off.city crowd was quiet but I was by the half- way line on the derrynane side and at one stage some mad blondie wan started a 'stand up for the cork city' going,fair play.:)Some one had to get the Derrynane stand to Stand up for Cork city;) Fair play to ye for joining in.

Risteard
07/03/2006, 3:20 PM
:) :)
Well done ccfcgirl.
I'm a very unsettled guy at the box recently.
Don't know where to go.
For a big match where there's a great atmosphere anyway, I like the Derrynane @ half-way. Perfect view of the match and you get to here all the stupid things the players shout at eachother.:)

On the other hand, it's just depressing on a quiet night when all you can hear is the grumpy old fellas who hate Georgie and Fenn and go nuts if anything half-skilful doesn't come off.

daveh
07/03/2006, 3:49 PM
On the other hand, it's just depressing on a quiet night when all you can hear is the grumpy old fellas who hate Georgie and Fenn and go nuts if anything half-skilful doesn't come off.

Ah yes the old fellas!i suppose a lot of them come from the old hoof-ball days, after about 2 minutes last night I heard one of them giving abuse for city passing the ball around at the back!!He was callin for the ball to be pumped long after 2 minutes!You cant please some of em :rolleyes:

ollie
07/03/2006, 3:59 PM
that and any time they passed it around the back four they were at it.:rolleyes:

Risteard
07/03/2006, 4:11 PM
It's always fun aswell in the Derrynane to shout* things at the linesman when you're directly behind him.
Not abuse, just stuff like
"That's your call,man, open your eyes." (preferably when the action is down the opposite end)

*well, to think about doing it anyway.

pete
08/03/2006, 11:22 AM
The Derrynane End Brigade...

liamon
09/03/2006, 11:16 AM
The Derrynane End Brigade...
I was standing beside them at the start of the match, but had to move to the main stand coz of their incessant moaning. (That and the rain) Some of the whinging was complete nonsense. We were down to 10 men, 1-0 up, comfy, holding the ball well, passing it over and back, looking for openings and the amount of complaining that these guys were able to generate was stunning. Any pass across the back 4 was met with abuse.

My favourite line was about George: "I wouldn't even have him in the team". Our best player, Eircom league player of the season, MOTM and they don't want him. Mad or what?

However, the performance form the team more than made up for the nonsense these guys generated. Two good goals and plenty of positive signs for the new season. I was especially pleased with O'Flynn's performance. Really looked up for it. Were there even signs that his pace may be coming back?