PDA

View Full Version : Milan Derby

Troy.McClure
04/03/2006, 8:26 PM
Next month I hope to fullfill a long established dream and see a Milan derby, the only problem is that I dont have a ticket. Does anyone know how to get a legit one before I leave? I have looked at the AC and Inter sites and boxtickets.ie but havent had much luck so far.

Has anyone been before? For a second tier sideline ticket its about €35 according to Inter. How much on the street do ye think? Does this match always sell out? I dont think either team will win the title this year but they are both going strong.

All info appreciated, thanks.

superfrank
05/03/2006, 3:17 PM
I am really looking forward to it Troy as an Inter sympathiser in Italian terms. I hope it's a good game.

I haven't a clue how much the tickets in any halfway decent place would be. Also I do think the match will sell out. There'd be alot of interest, no matter where both sides are in the league.

I found that the Inter website is very hard to get around and is not the most accessible.

Dodge
05/03/2006, 5:19 PM
There's a few here who've ben at the game. Stick into google who'll give you alonglist of ticket "agencies" who'll be able to get you a ticket for a certain price

pete
05/03/2006, 5:49 PM
I've been told Inter sell tickets on their website (only Italian team to do so). I think theres an italian language ticket agency too but i don't have the link handy at the moment.

Dodge
05/03/2006, 6:31 PM
Inter definitely do but they sell out through that for this game

jockser
06/03/2006, 9:35 AM
I went last year.....it was 0-0 :( but still a great experience
I didnt have a ticket just picked on up off the touts for 60 euro
They are around 25 to 30 at face value.
If you show up and hour before the game you will have no problem getting a ticket but if you can speak some italian it will help your cause alot!!!
Anyway when you get, in try get a seat along the either sideline because you can barely see anything if youre among the ultras!! The let off flairs all the time and you cant see anything unless you go right to the top of the 3rd tier.....oh and dont take any valuables and watch you pockets!!!!
Good luck anyway its a great game to go to!! :)

gustavo
06/03/2006, 9:48 AM
Just as a matter of etiquette its always "Inter" and never "Inter Milan" and its always "Milan" and never "AC"

Troy.McClure
12/03/2006, 1:17 PM
Thanks guys, will prob have to go for a tout although I'll try an agency when Im there. Im going to try to see Juve and Florintina the week before too. Im totally fcuked for accomodation (hostel style) in Milan too if anyone has any ideas.

mypost
13/03/2006, 12:40 PM
Afaik, Inter are away in the next derby, so all Inter fans will be behind one goal only. AC Milan have the rest of the ground to themselves. :(

anto eile
14/03/2006, 9:29 PM
think you get the odd away fans mixing with home in the lateral stands. not behind the goals though obvioulsy.
open to correction on that

Dodge
14/03/2006, 11:32 PM
Tickets go on sale to the public so there's obviously a good chance anto.

Donadoni
15/03/2006, 10:48 AM
Something to bear in mind. As of this season the authorities in Italy are trying to actively tackle the increasing levels of stadium violence and disorder at Italian Serie A games. Up until until last season you could be pretty sure of picking up a ticket from a tout while approaching the stadium for pretty much most games domestic and european. If you prefered to avoid touts (who love to hear non Italian accents) tickets were readily on sale from banks, Cariplo for Milan and Banco Popolare di Milano for Inter. Tickets for the derby were the exception, touts would charge a fortune and unless you knew somebody working in a bank it was very difficult to secure a ticket.

The big change this year is that for security reasons, the ticket holders name is now printed on the ticket. So when you buy your ticket you have to present a valid form of identification. And when you go to the stadium the name on the ticket will be checked against your ID. This really rules out buying tickets from touts. Now I haven’t been to a match this season so I don’t know how strict they’re being with this but I do know that at the start of this season there were queues of up to 3 hours outside San Siro as police checked every ticket. Obviously this didn’t go down too well with fans so maybe they’ve speeded up or slackened off the process in the meantime, I don’t know. This also partially explains the particularly low attendences at matches this season, people will opt to buy the match for 3.00 on digital tv rather than queue outside the stadium for a couple of hours every week.

I’ve never got a ticket for San Siro game through an agency so I can’t give you any help there.

Troy.McClure
15/03/2006, 8:40 PM
Thanks guys. Any advice on accomodation?