PDA

View Full Version : The Shed

Rocky Rules
03/03/2006, 11:22 AM
On website today - it's coming down ASAP - before Shels game (and some disruption for that) with planning application to follow almost immediately!

So farewell then, "Croke Park"...

Roo69
03/03/2006, 11:36 AM
On website today - it's coming down ASAP - before Shels game (and some disruption for that) with planning application to follow almost immediately!

So farewell then, "Croke Park"...

Ha ha ha :D

Yeah it'll be coming down ASAP, great news for Bray. New stand will be going in when the planning premmision clears, just under 1000 (996 i think) fully covered seats in a much updated version of the stand that's in Belfield. This should be in place by June Hopefully.

The Shed side will be fully closed to the public while this work is happening.

There is also a new press box just about build in the existing uncovered stand, along with a new P.A / Radio box just about built as well.

The club are doing great work at the moment, fair play :ball:

dublinwanderer
03/03/2006, 12:56 PM
great news about the development.

but lets hope it doesnt rain at the matches!!!!!!!:eek: :eek: :eek:

footballplease
03/03/2006, 3:07 PM
Hey Roo, thats great news about the new stand. Have you a picture of the plans? Will it stretch the length of the pitch? Why only 1000 seats?

Bald Student
03/03/2006, 3:09 PM
New stand will be going in when the planning premmision clears, just under 1000 (996 i think) fully covered seats in a much updated version of the stand that's in Belfield.If yee want the original, we'll be finished with it by the end of this season.

KK77
03/03/2006, 3:10 PM
Is it closed right the way down to were the teams come out on the shed side or will you still be able to stand down near that corner????

Roo69
03/03/2006, 3:24 PM
If yee want the original, we'll be finished with it by the end of this season.

If its going for free im sure we'd take it off ya ! stick it down at the open end were the training pitch is......

Roo69
03/03/2006, 3:26 PM
Is it closed right the way down to were the teams come out on the shed side or will you still be able to stand down near that corner????

I'm not actually to sure Rafa, but i would presume that your could stand down near that cornor as it's a bit away form the shed (but don't hold me to that.....)

KK77
03/03/2006, 3:38 PM
I'm not actually to sure Rafa, but i would presume that your could stand down near that cornor as it's a bit away form the shed (but don't hold me to that.....)

Cheers for that

Cabinteelygull
03/03/2006, 5:09 PM
So where we 'shed side boys' gonna go then.....:confused:

superfrank
03/03/2006, 5:35 PM
I guess we'll be the Dartside boys??

Roo69
07/03/2006, 10:25 AM
It's finally gone (http://www.braywanderers.ie/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=503&Itemid=1)

I actually can't believe the Shed is gone.......

footballplease
07/03/2006, 10:35 AM
I can feel the tears welling up..... :D

It says the planning for the replacement hasn't even been applied for??? :eek:

What's the story there - it takes ages to get planning these days. :mad:

Macy
07/03/2006, 10:35 AM
Seems a strange decision when it leaves you without a covered stand/terrace, and it also seems strange that you'd build a new stand that doesn't bring you straight up to the 1500 minimum covered seats.

footballplease
07/03/2006, 10:36 AM
"".a strange decision when it leaves you without a covered stand/terrace, and it also seems strange that you'd build a new stand that doesn't bring you straight up to the 1500 minimum covered seats.""

Yep! That's our club all right! F**k all proper planning!!!

Dassa
07/03/2006, 10:49 AM
sounds very impressive lads. What sort of crowds would your club get.

Roo69
07/03/2006, 10:55 AM
"".a strange decision when it leaves you without a covered stand/terrace, and it also seems strange that you'd build a new stand that doesn't bring you straight up to the 1500 minimum covered seats.""

Yep! That's our club all right! F**k all proper planning!!!

I thought you said on another thread that you suppoted St. Pats ? :confused:

The Shed needed to be taken down as per licence rules, with the funding available this was our best option, 1000 covered seats. So it's not strange what so ever. A lot of work has being going on in the carlisle over the past month, as i mentioned on another thread - Shed ripped down, new stand DEFO going up, New press box build, new radio centre built........

The new stand should be in place by june / july at the latest.

Macy
07/03/2006, 11:07 AM
It is strange to build a new stand, that doesn't bring the ground up to the minimum number of covered seats required by the UEFA Licence, imo.

KK77
07/03/2006, 11:23 AM
Seeing it gone now makes me realise it will actually be missed friday nights won't be the same!!!!!! We have to move with the times though i suppose!

footballplease
07/03/2006, 11:25 AM
...I thought you said on another thread that you suppoted St. Pats ?

Nah, born and bred in greystones. Spent 4 years living in roscommon so followed longford too for a while but always a bray fan at heart.

I'm not having a pop - it's just that no project ever gets finished at the carlisle. Not bray's fault all the time i'll admit but now we have 2 unfinished sides!!!

Hulsey
07/03/2006, 1:14 PM
Anyone else go up to see it yesterday? Paid the Shed one last visit on my way home from collage and sat in the stand for about ten minutes just looking across at the pile of rubble where the shed used to be. The ground doesn't look the same without it. Could fell the tears welling up:o . RIP The Shed, we'll miss you. Wish I had a good picture of it to use as my phones screensaver though....
Hows that for a Eulogy?

bluemovie
07/03/2006, 1:36 PM
Does that mean that Bray has no covered section anywhere around the ground for now? It's not going to be much fun there in the p*ssing rain on Friday nights. The new stand should be up just in time for the dry weather. I'm just glad I don't have to go there until the summer.

P.S. Did any hardcore west Cork-type GAA fans object to ye pulling down the Croke Park stand as it is part of GAA history bla, bla, bla??

Hulsey
07/03/2006, 1:54 PM
Does that mean that Bray has no covered section anywhere around the ground for now? It's not going to be much fun there in the p*ssing rain on Friday nights. The new stand should be up just in time for the dry weather. I'm just glad I don't have to go there until the summer.

P.S. Did any hardcore west Cork-type GAA fans object to ye pulling down the Croke Park stand as it is part of GAA history bla, bla, bla??
:D :D .
Imo it would be great in the p!ssing rain, but then again I'm not normal.

superfrank
07/03/2006, 2:14 PM
Well hopefully the new stand will be up before the winter.

hamish
07/03/2006, 2:46 PM
Jeez, watching the match last night, the Cross looked naked behind that goal with the Shed gone. Just a grey wall. Hope the new stand gets built real soon. Turners Cross always had great atmosphere anytime I was there and the Shed was brilliant for creac and good noise.:)

Bray Head
07/03/2006, 3:44 PM
I can feel the tears welling up..... :D

It says the planning for the replacement hasn't even been applied for??? :eek:

What's the story there - it takes ages to get planning these days. :mad:

Can't see any delays in getting planning permission. Club is only replacing an existing structure with a new one and the planning laws are different to a completely new structure whey you could have objections from local residents.

REVIP
08/03/2006, 7:16 AM
Can't see any delays in getting planning permission. Club is only replacing an existing structure with a new one and the planning laws are different to a completely new structure whey you could have objections from local residents.

The application for planning permission gives anyone the opportunity to object.

It only costs €20 to make an objection and it only takes a resident to think that if these guys have no roof, then their crowds are going to be much smaller on damp evenings which means there's going to be much less traffic around and much less noise and my €20 would be well spent in holding things up.

If I was a developer (which I'm not) I might look at the town plan for Bray and think that there is a prime piece of land here, at the very centre of the development plan. The club's lease was only for 35 years and maybe they would be amenable to an attractive offer and the council would be delighted at the prospect of millions coming into their account and perhaps now is the moment to hold things up to see if anyone is interested in talking - all for €20.

I wouldn't take it for granted that everything would be through in a few weeks. :(

Roo69
08/03/2006, 9:01 AM
The application for planning permission gives anyone the opportunity to object.

It only costs €20 to make an objection and it only takes a resident to think that if these guys have no roof, then their crowds are going to be much smaller on damp evenings which means there's going to be much less traffic around and much less noise and my €20 would be well spent in holding things up.

If I was a developer (which I'm not) I might look at the town plan for Bray and think that there is a prime piece of land here, at the very centre of the development plan. The club's lease was only for 35 years and maybe they would be amenable to an attractive offer and the council would be delighted at the prospect of millions coming into their account and perhaps now is the moment to hold things up to see if anyone is interested in talking - all for €20.

I wouldn't take it for granted that everything would be through in a few weeks. :(

As was posted above, we are only replacing a structure that has already been in place there, PP will go through no problems what so ever.

BrayZil
08/03/2006, 1:36 PM
As was posted above, we are only replacing a structure that has already been in place there, PP will go through no problems what so ever.

I hope your right. Everyone knows that Bray town council are a pack of W****rs! They always make things difficult for us instead of getting behind us like they should. Planning permission was submitted just after Christmas AFAIK.

KR's Post
08/03/2006, 3:21 PM
Friday nights will never be the same again. I won't no what to do on friday, the shed is like a magnet to me! Ha....:(

superfrank
08/03/2006, 4:10 PM
We should all get down for the match at round 7 to build up the atmosphere beforehand.

REVIP
08/03/2006, 4:20 PM
Checking the Bray Town Council website:

http://www.wicklow.ie/eplanBray/InternetEnquiry/rpt_QueryBySurForRecLoc.asp

There is no planning application yet.

I would be confident it would be approved on the basis of the An Bord Pleanala decision in 2002.

But the application lodged in December 2001 was not finally approved until October 2002 because of objections from the Royal Marine Terrace Residents Association.

Check the An Bord Pleanala website for full details.

Poor Student
08/03/2006, 4:57 PM
Why have you knocked down the Shed before any application has gone through?:confused: How many seats are there in the uncovered stand on the DART side? Is getting that stand covered the next bit after the new stand?

Cabinteelygull
08/03/2006, 5:11 PM
I dont think the dartside boys has the same ring to it:D

Roo69
09/03/2006, 8:49 AM
The Shed HAD to come down before the season started, thats a fact. Nothing to do with being not ready of prepared, it's to do with the Club Licence. We hHAD to take it down for the 1st match of the season.

There are 1800 dart line seats, well maybe a bit less now with the work going on over that side.