PDA

View Full Version : Sherro's plan for world domination?

Poor Student
02/03/2006, 9:39 AM
I don't have the Irish programme here with me but if I recall it said the club has performed market research and intend to go on an advertising offensive in the locality coupled with the new KO time at 5:15 on Saturdays. It also said something about a long term marketing strateguy and business plan and they seem to be adopting the new advertising strategy of the college in general with a slogan along the lines of "Support your local club UCD Dublin". What do you think of this?:confused:

John83
02/03/2006, 9:41 AM
"Support your local club UCD Dublin". What do you think of this?:confused:
:D Is someone taking the **** out of Brady?

I think 5.15 is a bad time, but it suits me fine. Students are apathetic and I doubt the advertising will amount to much, but we'll see.

Poor Student
02/03/2006, 9:44 AM
When you think about it, it's fairly crappy of the club not to consult even opinions of the fans. It's not like we're hard to find or anything. To use a business term, we are major stakeholders. We single handedly advertised the league cup final for them.

Bald Student
02/03/2006, 11:45 AM
Did you see the photo? It looked like it was taken in someone's back garden.

The whole article was full of the type of marketing rubbish we hear every season, I'm not going to take it too seriously.

Poor Student
02/03/2006, 6:31 PM
You think it's empty posturing to sound good in the programme? I think it said something about a survey on the site. I don't see it.:confused:

Student Mullet
03/03/2006, 12:15 AM
Does anyone know if we're moving to Saturday evening football though?

John83
03/03/2006, 9:04 AM
Does anyone know if we're moving to Saturday evening football though?
Aberdonian Stu texted Maccer. It's in on a trial basis for a few country games. I forget the details. :o

Bald Student
03/03/2006, 2:01 PM
Aberdonian Stu texted Maccer. It's in on a trial basis for a few country games. I forget the details. :oLucky that the STIG 2006 calander hasn't gone to the printers yet.

CollegeTillIDie
03/03/2006, 4:53 PM
Lucky that the STIG 2006 calander hasn't gone to the printers yet.

Whew it was a close run thing though!:D calendar for the record baldie ;)

pineapple stu
04/03/2006, 7:11 PM
Think it could be interesting. More time for a few pints before and after for one thing. Would save me a few days' holidays if only every club were as progressive as us.;) Very marketable and all that...

Gets a mention on the Cork and Drogs forums, who all seem very positive about it. Should help the away crowd. Will be interesting to see what it does for the home crowd though.

Poor Student
04/03/2006, 8:31 PM
Pineapple didn't you say the Cork game would be on the Friday? A lad on the Cork forum pointed out that Munster are playing a Heineken Cup quarter final in Landsdowne at 5:30 on April 1st.

pineapple stu
04/03/2006, 9:37 PM
No, a decision is yet to be made on Cork, apparently.