PDA

View Full Version : Linfield managers disgust as McKeown

SeanDrog
02/03/2006, 7:38 AM
I was flicking around on the box at around 6.30 last night and stopped to see a piece about the Glens Linfield match (ended 3-3) and they interviewed the Linfield manager (big chap) and he was livid about the performance of Dave mcKeown the ref for sending a lad off and giving a penely of a ball to hand incident - it was very funny watching his guy losing the run of himself - he was talking about if he didn't do his job or if the players didn't do their jobs they would be fired but this ref didn't do his job and nothing will happen :cool:

Welcome to el refs sonny - try having these guys refereeing your matchs every week.

I watched the incidents he was talking about and I think he was right that it shouldn't have been a penalty as it was ball to hand but regarding the sending off, it did look like the player kicked out and deserved the card.

Funny outburst all the same, don't really see it too often in footie any more as the aurthories will haul you up for having a go about a ref.

David
02/03/2006, 8:05 AM
Believe me we have awful refs up here as well so the concept is far from new to us. However this was a whole different matter altogether. I have no doubt whatsoever that the ref was deliberately making wrong decisions. TV made Ferguson look bad but it was not a great angle. Believe me, he did not kick out at him, he tried to block him with his leg from getting to the ball. Putting into context og the whole match, some of the tacles that he let go the other way were incredible. The ref have blatanntly something against Linfield and in my opinion Linfield FC should lodge an official complaint as there can be no doubt that this cheat cost us 2 points.

Dazzy
02/03/2006, 8:37 AM
Believe me we have awful refs up here as well so the concept is far from new to us.

Was that an IL ref at the Brandywell on Tuesday night, he was bad and the linesman on the near side was blind, how he didnt see the shels player standing(using it in a polite way) on Molloys head, and very inconsistant with cards! Seems like everyone gets screwed from both sides of the border!

David
02/03/2006, 8:50 AM
Was that an IL ref at the Brandywell on Tuesday night, he was bad and the linesman on the near side was blind, how he didnt see the shels player standing(using it in a polite way) on Molloys head, and very inconsistant with cards! Seems like everyone gets screwed from both sides of the border!

I would say it probably was as it seems to be when two EL teams it is a ref from Northern Ireland and vice versa. Do you know his name?

sfc red
02/03/2006, 8:51 AM
And what about O'Flynn's elbow on Heary? Very selective there.

Peadar
02/03/2006, 8:54 AM
Was that an IL ref at the Brandywell on Tuesday night, he was bad...

I thought he did very well, all things considered.

The guy who officiated our game against Ports was brutal!
5 City players booked and not a bad tackle from either side throughout the game.

Wiseguy
02/03/2006, 9:22 AM
[QUOTE=David]Believe me we have awful refs up here as well so the concept is far from new to us. QUOTE]

The referees in the EL are shocking mate. You will go home from more games giving out about the ref or the linesman than anything else that happened in the game. You begin to think that they have something against your club. The best incident i seen involving a ref in flancare involved a certain ref from a nearby town who has now retired. He placed down the ball for a free kick to Longford and counted back his 10 yards for the wall. it turned out that the wall just happened on the edge of the box. When he turned his back the wall moved forward 3 or 4 yards and the town players complained. As with any good referee he walked back over to the wall but then counted back to the ball, picked the ball up and then moved it further away from the goals. What was he thinking. Everyone was just in complete amazment. Another night the town were playing Shels i think and a town player intercepted a back pass and scored only for the linesman to flag him offside. To top it off the ref let the decision stand. Where are these guys being trained. Is it any wonder that people loose their head at matches.

Dazzy
02/03/2006, 9:23 AM
And what about O'Flynn's elbow on Heary? Very selective there.

Not selective because my eyes arnt that great to see the far side of the pitch too good!

Wouldnt be a shock to me if he did, the two hate each other and the incident in Tolka during the cup was funny!

Poor Student
02/03/2006, 9:34 AM
I have no doubt whatsoever that the ref was deliberately making wrong decisions.

Meaning what?:confused: Is that you Mr. Jeffrey?

dcfcsteve
02/03/2006, 9:56 AM
Refs are undoubtedly poor, north and south.

However - two games and 2 points into the Setanta Cup and Dave 'The Lurch' Jeffreys has been onto the media crying like a bee-ach about the refs in both of them. Course - Linfield are the best side on the planet, and can only possibly not win games unless its someone else's fault....

Methinks Jeffrey's and the Linfield team have had it so easy in the Irish League that they're forgetting how to accept anything less than a win with dignity.

It'll be interesting to see how the big freak reacts when his team get spanked by Shels next week.

As the immortal line from 'Apocalypse Now' goes :

"I looooove the smell of excuses in the morning...." !

David
02/03/2006, 10:03 AM
Refs are undoubtedly poor, north and south.

However - two games and 2 points into the Setanta Cup and Dave 'The Lurch' Jeffreys has been onto the media crying like a bee-ach about the refs in both of them. Course - Linfield are the best side on the planet, and can only possibly not win games unless its someone else's fault....

Methinks Jeffrey's and the Linfield team have had it so easy in the Irish League that they're forgetting how to accept anything less than a win with dignity.

It'll be interesting to see how the big freak reacts when his team get spanked by Shels next week.

As the immortal line from 'Apocalypse Now' goes :

"I looooove the smell of excuses in the morning...." !

I think he is fully justified complaining about both referees. If you check on ILF, one of the guys who helps with our PA system was saying that a couple of Derry City supporters were in with them when they were doing the PA and they could not believe some of the decisions that were going Derry's way. I thought one of the Derry players would have to get a gun out and shoot someone just to get booked the way things were going in that game.

BohDiddley
02/03/2006, 10:24 AM
I was flicking around on the box at around 6.30 last night and stopped to see a piece about the Glens Linfield match (ended 3-3) and they interviewed the Linfield manager (big chap) and he was livid about the performance of Dave mcKeown the ref for sending a lad off and giving a penely of a ball to hand incident - it was very funny watching his guy losing the run of himself - he was talking about if he didn't do his job or if the players didn't do their jobs they would be fired but this ref didn't do his job and nothing will happen :cool:

Welcome to el refs sonny - try having these guys refereeing your matchs every week.

I watched the incidents he was talking about and I think he was right that it shouldn't have been a penalty as it was ball to hand but regarding the sending off, it did look like the player kicked out and deserved the card.

Funny outburst all the same, don't really see it too often in footie any more as the aurthories will haul you up for having a go about a ref.

May be wrong, but I think it was the same Mr McKeown who sent off Joxer, without a shred of justification, in Bray last season.

Lux Interior
02/03/2006, 11:46 AM
Believe me we have awful refs up here as well so the concept is far from new to us. However this was a whole different matter altogether. I have no doubt whatsoever that the ref was deliberately making wrong decisions.

F**king listen to yourself, here. Thing is, what's REALLY eating you is your side's inability to put to the sword, a team who you have routinely gubbed three times this season. Blame the southern ref, blame the pitch, blame the bounce of the ball, blame the Ireland Saturday Night, blame everyone and everything, except your own shocking ineptitude.

This whole paranoia thing with you lot is reaching new levels of comedy.

PS: Jeffrey is a renowned drama queen. Eyes bulging, mike at the ready, it's always a rollercoaster ride down Paranoia Avenue with this twit.

dcfcsteve
02/03/2006, 11:49 AM
I think he is fully justified complaining about both referees. If you check on ILF, one of the guys who helps with our PA system was saying that a couple of Derry City supporters were in with them when they were doing the PA and they could not believe some of the decisions that were going Derry's way. I thought one of the Derry players would have to get a gun out and shoot someone just to get booked the way things were going in that game.

Like I said, the ref was poor. We suffered at the hands of the men in black as well, you know - injury time winner that was incorrectly ruled offside, anyone ?? So it cuts both ways.

I can't help but suspect that Jeffrey's is finding not winning difficult to cope with. His rant about Felix Healy was positively Keegan-esque. Every newspaper I read, bar the unsurprisingly biased Newsletter, suggested that Derry were the stronger team after our encounter. Felix said the same, yet Jeffrey's went ballistic at him on live TV.

And for the record, Felix is most certainly NOT pro-Derry City. He's immensely unpopular amongst our fans for off-the-pitch comments he's made about us over the last few years, and was even loudly booed by City fans on his last visit to the Brandywell. He has no reason to want to do us a favour - and in fact has shown a willingness to do the opposite over recent years.

Still : "I loooooove the smell of excuses in the morning...." :D

David
02/03/2006, 12:19 PM
Like I said, the ref was poor. We suffered at the hands of the men in black as well, you know - injury time winner that was incorrectly ruled offside, anyone ??

That is twice you have said that now. Even your own supporters on your own forum accepted it was offside. You mention a deflection, that is irrelevant, McHugh was offside when the Derry player played the ball through to him.

dcfcsteve
02/03/2006, 12:27 PM
That is twice you have said that now. Even your own supporters on your own forum accepted it was offside. You mention a deflection, that is irrelevant, McHugh was offside when the Derry player played the ball through to him.

'One more time for the poeple at the back ! What do I love.......???'

"I looooooove the smell of excuses in the morning...."

:D :p

iceman
02/03/2006, 12:32 PM
David Jeffery on Setanta talking about McKeon - " Im glad he's reffen dun daare and not up here cos hes a disgrace" :D :D :D

Krstic
02/03/2006, 2:44 PM
[QUOTE=David TV made Ferguson look bad but it was not a great angle.

Made him look bad, because he was guilty.
He kicked the other player, which is a sending off.

Nasty oul free-state Setanta making Ferguson look bad:mad:

David
02/03/2006, 2:53 PM
[QUOTE=David TV made Ferguson look bad but it was not a great angle.

Made him look bad, because he was guilty.
He kicked the other player, which is a sending off.

Nasty oul free-state Setanta making Ferguson look bad:mad:

What bI meant was the angle was poor which made it appear that he kicked out. However he put his leg out to block his opponent getting to the ball (after he had been fouled and it was not given I hasten to add). Also some of the things that were let go were far worse that what Ferguson did.

Poor Student
04/03/2006, 12:18 PM
Meaning what?:confused: Is that you Mr. Jeffrey?

David, I'm still waiting for you to explain the comment.

sullanefc
04/03/2006, 2:10 PM
PS: Jeffrey is a renowned drama queen.

Well they do say he is the Pat Dolan of the North.

And its hardly a new thing for a manager to blindly defend his team and blame refs, pitches, weather etc. Just look at Ferguson and Wenger across the water.