PDA

View Full Version : Season 2006 Previews

pete
01/03/2006, 2:47 PM
Free Preview magazine in the Mirror (i think) this coming friday 3rd March.

Raheny Red
01/03/2006, 3:09 PM
Yep it's in the mirror - I thought it was in tomorrow's mirror :confused:

Schumi
01/03/2006, 3:10 PM
They've been saying Thursday's paper on ads on the radio.

Raheny Red
01/03/2006, 3:21 PM
I knew I wasn't dreaming, ah well look out for it tomorrow anyway.

Risteard
01/03/2006, 4:27 PM
Star aswell this Friday i believe

Mark Breen
02/03/2006, 10:16 AM
I got it in the mirror today,

Good read, look forward to the star tomorrow

town73
02/03/2006, 4:09 PM
The one in the Star appears to be FAI-backed. Here's the blurb:

The 64-page, full-colour magazine features an exclusive interview with Republic of Ireland Senior International Manager Steve Staunton on his thoughts on the eircom League, his plans to assess the international prospects of the cream of the domestic game’s talent and on eircom League players who’ve moved on to clubs in the Championship, Premiership and SPL.

The guide includes a two-page feature on each Premier Division club which comprises a season preview article, player focus, manager interview, full fixture list, club info, contact and travel details and ten-year League record.

Each First Division club has a full-page feature which, just like the Premier Division teams, comprises a season preview article, player focus, manager interview, full fixture list, club info, contact and travel details and ten-year League record. There’s also an extended feature on Shamrock Rovers as they face into their first season out of the top flight and on Dundalk who’ll be playing their first full season on the artificial surface at Oriel Park.

There are also features on the eircom League’s top strikers; Premier Division and First Division previews, the full and complete transfer list, amalgamated league tables since 1985, the League Roll of Honour since 1922, a look at the Setanta Sports Cup, a feature on the men in black – the eircom League referees and a report on the Irish contingent – including former Cork City strikers Shane Long and Kevin Doyle – at Reading.

The official eircom League 2006 Season Guide – free with tomorrow’s Irish Daily Star.

Risteard
02/03/2006, 4:20 PM
Sounds good.
Where did ya get that from?
So is it tomorrow or Saturday?
edit -----:o ooops,tomorrow it is then.:)

town73
02/03/2006, 7:23 PM
Where did ya get that from?

League Press office, via email.

CuanaD
03/03/2006, 4:02 PM
Think this is the same as last year:

Mirror had the PFAI preview of the year
Star had the FAI preview.

Trainee
03/03/2006, 4:08 PM
while the Mag in Mirror was Good the one in the Star is 10 Times better espically if you sport a first division club like me ( Come on Galway utd :) )

CollegeTillIDie
03/03/2006, 4:23 PM
The Star Preview mag is better than the Mirror one. The clubs are listed in the order they finished last year with the exception of the Promoted clubs to the Premier, replacing the bottom two relegated to the First. Accordingly Shamrock Rovers and Finn Harps are the two earliest First Division teams featured.

Schumi
03/03/2006, 5:03 PM
Much better than the Mirror one. Articles that aren't about how great the PFAI are for a start! Slightly off topic but like most previews, they're writing Derry off which surprises me.

pete
03/03/2006, 8:59 PM
I didn't bother getting the Mirror/PFAI version this year as just a mouth piece for thr Players Trade Union. In previous years the suggested teams were changed so could add in PFAI members.

Mag in the Star today was fairly good.