PDA

View Full Version : Former Leeds star issues Bhoys plea

A face
01/03/2006, 1:27 AM
Former Leeds star issues Bhoys plea

Ian Harte has pleaded with Celtic manager Gordon Strachan to end his Spanish nightmare in the summer. Harte has been plying his trade in the Spanish second division with Levante all season but is keen to return to England a the end of the current campaign.

The Drogheda native was linked with Celtic last year and he still holds out hope for a move to Parkhead – where he could solve Strachan’s left back riddle. Speaking in Dublin, where he will win his 62nd cap against Sweden on Wednesday night, Harte said: “I’d love the chance to play for such a big club like Celtic, especially with them looking like they’ll be in the Champions League next season.

Read more at www.eleven-a-side.com (http://www.eleven-a-side.com/acrossthewater/irish_soccer_detail.asp?newsid=21388)

A face
01/03/2006, 1:30 AM
I'm sorry now about this lads but the guy is rotting over there in Spain, wouldn't you think he'd have the balls to come back and help out his home town club push for honours. Its no secret the position he is in, and its worse that i thought if he is going to the media about it.

How many clubs will give the guy a contract in England, maybe in he first division he'd get a lookin but hardly seeing as he is in Spain and totally out of view of anyone looking for players.

Call it a day and stop floggin' a dead horse.

jorge
01/03/2006, 8:42 PM
I wouldnt say hes rotting away,Levante will probably get promoted and hes getting his game.But if hes looking to get out Drogheda will be in the UEFA Cup next season so...why go to celtic.

Risteard
01/03/2006, 10:38 PM
I don't know.
Champions League football maybe?

Dodge
02/03/2006, 2:08 AM
Harte's not really getting his game for levante BTW

jorge
02/03/2006, 7:26 PM
AFAIK he is.

thejollyrodger
02/03/2006, 7:36 PM
the spanish 2nd division is pure muck. Hearte might as well be playing for Linfield:D