PDA

View Full Version : Keane comes home to Cork

Colm
29/05/2002, 12:00 PM
According to Neil Prendeville Roy Keane flys into Cork airport today, where a media circus will await him.

What kind of reaction do ye think he will get from the people of Cork?
I hope people support him but I hope they dont lose sight of the fact that we have a massive game on saturday morning.

James
29/05/2002, 12:43 PM
well judging by the 1000+ people last night at the peace park i'd say roy will rightly be recevied fairly well on returning home

Colm
29/05/2002, 12:48 PM
Originally posted by James
the 1000+ people last night at the peace park
Were any of you at that?
What was it like?
I only found out about it afterwards, probably would have gone if I had heard about it earlier.

patsh
29/05/2002, 12:48 PM
This guy is not a paedophile, a murderer or anything else. He has generously contributed both financially and otherwise to lots of things in this city. He is coming home for a holiday, so why not just leave him in peace?

Colm
29/05/2002, 12:50 PM
Originally posted by oddboy
This guy is not a paedophile, a murderer or anything else. He has generously contributed both financially and otherwise to lots of things in this city. He is coming home for a holiday, so why not just leave him in peace?

Here, Here

pete
29/05/2002, 12:53 PM
why not just leave him in peace?

Agree fully. We all know the media will be trying to drag it all up again though. Maybe the various media organisations could agree to just drop the whole thing now?

James
29/05/2002, 12:54 PM
Originally posted by COLM
Were any of you at that?
What was it like?

duno wasnt there either, over on the peoples republic site they were saying all day that the thing was off, so for over 1000 to go anyways is saying something, i only heard that night on red fm that it went ahead anyways, twas supposed to have been good natured enough, no trouble like or anything

patsh
29/05/2002, 1:28 PM
Originally posted by COLM

Were any of you at that?
What was it like?
I only found out about it afterwards, probably would have gone if I had heard about it earlier.
I was there.
Ahh it was all a bit of craic really. I'd say there was around 1500, even thought he Examiner said about 2000. Marched up to the statue from the park and back down again, making loads of noise.
Not a baton wielding lunatic with a blue uniform in sight !!! Shouts of "Keano, Keaneo...". Just a good laugh really..... :)

Éanna
29/05/2002, 4:03 PM
Last time I checked, treason was still a crime :mad:
What kind of complete plonkers stood out in the peace park with the sole result of boosting that traitorous prima donna's ego even further?

James
29/05/2002, 4:05 PM
eanna leave it out ok, entitled to your opinion you certainly are, but whats done is done now so leave and start focusing on saturday and whats left of the WC..

comeo n people lets be ambitious here, here's hoping for a draw on saturday against cameroon

FYI if i knew it was on i would have gone..

patsh
29/05/2002, 4:08 PM
Originally posted by Éanna

Last time I checked, treason was still a crime :mad:
What kind of complete plonkers stood out in the peace park with the sole result of boosting that traitorous prima donna's ego even further?
Now you are really acting the plonker, eanna.
F*cks sake get a grip.
Treason??? Normally you have interesting and worthwhile things to say, but you are being completely ridiculous here.
The "plonkers" who stood out in the park were kids, mothers, fathers etc. Just people, like you, who have a point of view.
Then next time I question your irishness or your commitment, just remember to apologise to me........ :(

Éanna
29/05/2002, 4:14 PM

Now you are really acting the plonker, eanna.
F*cks sake get a grip.
Treason??? Normally you have interesting and worthwhile things to say, but you are being completely ridiculous here.
The "plonkers" who stood out in the park were kids, mothers, fathers etc. Just people, like you, who have a point of view.
Then next time I question your irishness or your commitment, just remember to apologise to me........ :(
Yeah treason. His country needed him, and he left us down- that in my book is treason. To hell with roy keane and any idiot who supports him. All he had to do was pick up a phone and say "sorry" : 1 miserable little word that he didn't even have to mean- if he can't do that for his country FCUK HIM!

Gary
29/05/2002, 4:15 PM
What I find funny is that proably most of these morons who are over 18 didnt vote in the election last week. Yet they will say that this whole affair(sorry roy) is more important

Originally posted by James
well judging by the 1000+ people last night at the peace park i'd say roy will rightly be recevied fairly well on returning home

Éanna
29/05/2002, 4:18 PM
Originally posted by GWA
What I find funny is that proably most of these morons who are over 18 didnt vote in the election last week. Yet they will say that this whole affair(sorry roy) is more important

agreed. banana republic of ireland how are ya

James
29/05/2002, 4:20 PM
Originally posted by GWA

how the hell can you say that from not even being in cork let alon in the country..

thats such a sweeping generalisation, and completely unfounded in anything...

GWA you're an intelligent poster here but what the hell has the general election got to do with it??
even if the claims you make (which are completely unfounded anyways ) were true..

come on people lets focus on the match on saturday and on supporting ireland.. and lets not degenerate into the proc mb.