PDA

View Full Version : Back to Football - team for saturday?

pete
29/05/2002, 10:58 AM
Lets get back to football.....

What team would ye have for saturday? What team will Mick pick?

I suppose the team will look like:

Given
Finnan, Staunton, a.n.other, Harte
McAteer (if fit), Holland, Kinsella, Kilbane?
Keane, Duff?

Kilbane or Morrisson?

I think Kilbane will start as strangely our left full back needs protection from our left winger. Duff will start up front & will get a lot of freekicks for us.

Breen or Cunningham?

Did Cunningham play last saturday? Breen probably ahead of him on fitness?

Colm
29/05/2002, 11:02 AM
Yeah id say thats about right.
Kilbane will start and Breen probabley will too

Wizzard
29/05/2002, 11:10 AM
Lets all pray that nothing happens to Kinsella or Holland. Imagine it, Carsley representing Ireland with the world watching. Oh my God......

MikeW
29/05/2002, 11:21 AM
I'd prefer Duff playing on the wing than up front to be honest, but I'd say he'll definitely start up front. Staunton and Cunningham (maybe. he was carrying an injury) at the back, midfield straightforward if playing Duff there and McAteer fit. We need to get a result from this game to get confidence up and have a good chance of getting out of the group, don't want to be chasing results in the last two games.

patsh
29/05/2002, 11:45 AM
There has been a lot of sleepless nights over the last few days, and I think this will show on the pitch, especially during the last 15 minutes. I hope Cunningham is on, as himself and Staunton would be a better combination than any including Breen. I reckon Reid might get a run out, and I have to agree with whoever said not to bring on Carsley.

Jasus though, 7:30 in the morning is very early to start on the beer............ :)

pete
29/05/2002, 11:51 AM
Originally posted by Wizzard
Lets all pray that nothing happens to Kinsella or Holland. Imagine it, Carsley representing Ireland with the world watching. Oh my God......

Lets agree that no we never speak of the scarey possibility of Carsley playing in the 2002 WC.

:eek:

Schumi
29/05/2002, 11:58 AM
Originally posted by pete
Lets get back to football.....

What team would ye have for saturday? What team will Mick pick?

I suppose the team will look like:

Given
Finnan, Staunton, a.n.other, Harte
McAteer (if fit), Holland, Kinsella, Kilbane?
Keane, Duff?

I think Kilbane will start as strangely our left full back needs protection from our left winger. Duff will start up front & will get a lot of freekicks for us.

That all sounds right with Cunningham replacing this a.n.other guy.

Éanna
29/05/2002, 3:00 PM
Originally posted by pete
Lets agree that no we never speak of the scarey possibility of Carsley playing in the 2002 WC.

jaysus I'll be havin nightmares over the thought! Can't Reid play in the centre too?