PDA

View Full Version : Setanta Cup - City vs Drogs

ccfcgirl
27/02/2006, 10:09 PM
It finished 2-0 Behan and an og .Drog got 2 men sent off..... the shed was badly missed.cold night at the cross

A face
27/02/2006, 10:32 PM
Three points in the bag ... job done !!

A face
27/02/2006, 10:42 PM
Cork get revenge over nine-man Drogheda

Cork City 2 Drogheda United 0

Drogheda had two players sent off inside a minute in the second half as Cork avenged their FAI Cup final defeat to go top of Setanta Sports Cup Group 1. Denis Behan scored a stunning opening goal on 57 minutes to finally spark this game to life when letting fly from 25 yards to beat Dan Connor.

It all then went pear-shaped for Drogheda on 76 minutes when midfielder Stephen Bradley was shown a straight red card for a petulant kick on Behan. Keith Fahey, who had been booked for dissent by referee Alan Kelly for protesting at Bradley’s sending off, was then shown a second yellow card within a minute for a rash challenge on Danny Murphy.

Read more at www.breakingnews.ie (http://www.breakingnews.ie/2006/02/27/story246831.html)

ccfcman
28/02/2006, 8:18 AM
Dungannon 1 - 1 Portadown good night for us then :)

Nempton
28/02/2006, 3:40 PM
Stephen Bradley was shown a straight red card for a petulant kick on Behan. Keith Fahey, who had been booked for dissent by referee Alan Kellyfor protesting at Bradley’s sending off, was then shown a second yellow card within a minute for a rash challenge on Danny Murphy

It's always good to have a 12th man playing on your team. I didn't realise it was so difficult to find a ref who wasn't from Cork though.

Peadar
28/02/2006, 3:47 PM
I didn't realise it was so difficult to find a ref who wasn't from Cork though.

Another informed post from the 4th team in Munster. :rolleyes:

Alan Kelly was the Fourth Official.
The referee was unable to attend so standard protocol was followed.
If you're ever in a game significant enough to be televised throughout the entire island, I'll make a point of assessing the performance of the officials.

Risteard
28/02/2006, 3:52 PM
Alan Kelly was meant to have been the fourth official but the ref pulled out (injured i believe).
That's the only reason he togged out.
I should have pointed that out last night on here.
Might have saved a bit of whingeing.
Although maybe not.

It's always good to have a 12th man playing on your team
Especially with the shed missing
Cheers Alan.

Nempton
02/03/2006, 5:27 PM
Originally by Peadar
Another informed post from the 4th team in Munster.
Alan Kelly was the Fourth Official.The referee was unable to attend so standard protocol was followed.If you're ever in a game significant enough to be televised throughout the entire island, I'll make a point of assessing the performance of the officials.
When I read the above comment I kept drawing comparisons between you and Fozzy the Bear in that your both muppets and clearly not very funny! :p

Just to point out that since the only information I had about the match was from this thread I thought it was observant of me to post about having a hometown referee. No one else seemed to mention it or felt the need to but I have three quick questions;
1. Why was a Corkman the fourth official, should it not have been someone outside of Cork?
2. Reading your last sentence in your post I have to ask what qualifies you as such an expert in that you feel you could lecture me or anyone else for that matter on the finer points of refereeing. Is it because your mammy keeps telling you your great or could your head really be that far up your arse? :p
3. Finally, when was the last time Cork beat the fourth team in Munster (clearly your trying to point out that we are crap) in a cup tie? :cool:

daveh
02/03/2006, 8:08 PM
1. Why was a Corkman the fourth official, should it not have been someone outside of Cork?
2. Reading your last sentence in your post I have to ask what qualifies you as such an expert in that you feel you could lecture me or anyone else for that matter on the finer points of refereeing. Is it because your mammy keeps telling you your great or could your head really be that far up your arse? :p
3. Finally, when was the last time Cork beat the fourth team in Munster (clearly your trying to point out that we are crap) in a cup tie? :cool:

Having a fourth official from the local area is a very common occurence so why cant people just get it!happens even in international games,who did i see was fourth official in lansdowne last night?only good old alan kelly!

And I think the last time we beat the fourth team in munster in a cup tie is almost as long ago as we played them in a league game,but not quite as long:D

RedX
03/03/2006, 12:37 AM
When I read the above comment I kept drawing comparisons between you and Fozzy the Bear in that your both muppets and clearly not very funny! :p

Just to point out that since the only information I had about the match was from this thread I thought it was observant of me to post about having a hometown referee. No one else seemed to mention it or felt the need to but I have three quick questions;
3. Finally, when was the last time Cork beat the fourth team in Munster (clearly your trying to point out that we are crap) in a cup tie? :

Nempton...in fairness Peader explained exactly why there was a Cork official...the decisions to send of both Drogs players were well warranted also if you had seen them of TV....also do you know how many times a season we play Dublin clubs with Dublin officials?...your first post on this thread was a smart comment so you deserved it back from Peader by the way...

Oh and also whatever you say about when was the last time Cork City beat Limerick in a cup tie i would advise you to stop dreaming that your club can come even slightly close to us in every aspect from the team to the tealady...goodnight :rolleyes: