PDA

View Full Version : Barcelona v Deportivo

Jon'o
27/02/2006, 7:03 PM
Im in barcelona next weekend, after the sweden game and noticed that Barcelona's game with Deportivo has been moved from the sunday night (when i am flying back) to the saturday night. I tried the barcelona web site and managed to come across a few tickets.

Just wondered if anyone on here had been to a barca game and had any tips or things to be wary of (its a 10pm kick off and im behind the goal on the second teir) also whats it like getting a metro after the game... im guessing its a total nightmare?

Dodge
27/02/2006, 7:20 PM
Metro is no trouble at all. It'll be packed but they're every 4/5 minutes. NO real tips (excpet get the hot dogs) 2nd tier is ground level so you'll fly in and out of it. They don't sell beer in the gorund but nobody minds you bringing in your own.

Enjoy

Jon'o
27/02/2006, 7:23 PM
Metro is no trouble at all. It'll be packed but they're every 4/5 minutes. NO real tips (excpet get the hot dogs) 2nd tier is ground level so you'll fly in and out of it. They don't sell beer in the gorund but nobody minds you bringing in your own.

Enjoy

Nice one, cheers... also i booked the tickets on the internet, will i be able to collect them just before the game or would it be better to go sooner?

Dodge
27/02/2006, 7:35 PM
YOu can collect them at anytime. There's a machine beside the main ticket office (behind the big Barca shop) and you just swipe your credit card through. Its a ServiCaixa machine and its marked Carnets or Billets (can't remember) YOu should have no problem doing it about kick off time but you should get into the ground as early as possible to soak up the atmosphere. Barca crowds seemed to come from nowhere with a minute to kick off (much like the Irish)

feo123
27/02/2006, 9:35 PM
i was there with my local team last week for da betis game! we got our own bus so cant tell u wat the metro is like! it was on saturday at 10 aswell! good time for a game IMO coz you get a full day to do what you want! you can get your tickets at the office there. dont go near the club shop though, its E83 for a jersey! got a big frankfurter in there too.....the dirt of the things......rotten!

Clifford
27/02/2006, 10:23 PM
Go to the Freeway restaurant neat the Philharmonic bar. Great buffet for 12 euros, I mean great buffet all cooked fresh to your requirements (go late though 10ish or after) Also try Agua on the beach if your with the ould doll.

Go out there early to get the tickets, but also get there in good time for the match. Traffic on the way to the ground can be mental. Metro should be fine, try it out during the day so you know what way yer going.

Dodge
27/02/2006, 10:56 PM
Oh should say its Line 3 (green line) and you're to get off at Maria Cristina. You can get it at Catalunya or Espanyol (main metro stops)

It might be tricky if its not a match night as its a 5 minute walk (exit station, turn left on main street and keep walking until you see it basically but the road bends and there's a roundabout...) On match night, just go with the flow :)

Oh and the Barca shop charge the full price for the kit (same as everywhere else) but if you get a name and number its €83 (worth it for the crest detail in the numbers, if you're a geek like me)

anto eile
28/02/2006, 8:57 PM
seen Barcelona v espanyol a few years ago. they sold beer then-fella walking roun dthe stands with a tray of cans
and went to Athletic v sevilla in october and they also sold beer in san mames.
atmosphere is too relaxed though. good buzz around the ground but theres rarely any mental italian ultra style atmospheres in spain. very relaxed atmospheres usually
very enjoyable nonetheless

Dodge
28/02/2006, 10:14 PM
They sell non alcoholic beer in the nou camp. Trust me...

Seen Atletico Madrid play Sociedad a couple of weeks ago and the Atletico fans had a cracking little display before the game and sang non stop for 90 minutes

lopez
01/03/2006, 9:42 AM
Going myself this weekend to the Nou Camp with my boy. Bought tickets through an agent (tout?) nearly double the cover price but reasonable by English standards. Always thought that given the successfull season, large Galician community in Barcelona and the opponents, I felt I couldn't be bothered waiting to see if the cules didn't take up all the tickets. (Cue smilie with donkey face and big ears). Anyway, can't wait.

Dodge
01/03/2006, 12:32 PM
Alway got mine on the day or the day before at the ticket office (except for the Real Madrid match in April). But I suppose if you don't want to be stuck in the gods that mightn't be an option