PDA

View Full Version : Now that the dust has settled.....

patsh
29/05/2002, 8:02 AM
Well it seems that it is over. Nobody came out of this looking good, and, leaving aside all that has gone on, I think RK did the right thing by ending it, because someone had too. Quinn said the other day that "we are still the fighting Irish", so let' see a bit of backbone from all the team on Saturday, and hope they put up a good fight.

After the WC, I think McCarthy will have to go, because , for someone who thought so highly of his own authority, I do not think he has any left. I think McCarthy is a w*nker, but at the same time, I do realise that he is basically a decent person at heart, and I think he believed he was trying to do his best for Ireland.

I must also say that some of the names RK has been called on this board over the last few days, would merit ejection from the ground if they were used out in the Box.

So McCarthy to go, the FAI to be hung, drawn and dragged through the streets, the senior players retired......what are our chances for Euro 2004 !!.. ;)

Neil
29/05/2002, 10:15 AM
Mow that the dust has settled we'll all get on with it and support our nation in the World Cup.

Whether you are for or against Mr. Keane and his actions, we have a huge match on Saturday in Japan.

A face
29/05/2002, 10:21 AM
Some people are against it so much that they have bought Cameroon shirts and flag and will be drinking in the Cotton Ball in Mayfield. This band of Africa sympathisers are gathering interest and the pub is tipped to be packed out the doors Saturday morning.

Will the flood gates open after the world cup and will Mick McCarthy's head roll after it.

Answers on a postcard to:

The Cotton Ball,
Mayfield,
Cork City.

Neil
29/05/2002, 10:24 AM
Same people probably follow Celtic or Manchester for the rest of the year, so following an Irish team is kind of alien to them anyway.

Best of luck to them.

pete
29/05/2002, 11:31 AM
I'm just glad its all over. Fair play to Roy (he has his own reasons i'm sure) fro calling an end to. Hopefully now football can come off the front page.

The FAI. Mick, Roy & the other players al made mistakes. No one can take the higher ground on this. I'm sure everyone has a little bitter feeling towards the WC now but as they say the show must go on.

Saw the few hundred people "protesting" outside the FAI hq on Merrion Sq last night complete with usual good sprintling of Glasgow Celtic jerseys. People saying they boycotting the the Wc & the like - since when wre these people elected to speak for the country. :rolleyes:

Colm
29/05/2002, 11:46 AM
Originally posted by A face
Some people are against it so much that they have bought Cameroon shirts and flag and will be drinking in the Cotton Ball in Mayfield. This band of Africa sympathisers are gathering interest and the pub is tipped to be packed out the doors Saturday morning. Any Irish person who support another country over Ireland is a complete idiot. This is not what Roy would want, he has encuraged everyone to get behind the team.
These fools make me sick.

Éanna
29/05/2002, 3:58 PM
Originally posted by Neil
Same people probably follow Celtic or Manchester for the rest of the year, so following an Irish team is kind of alien to them anyway.

Best of luck to them.
They can join roy in judas camp just outside manchester then :mad: