PDA

View Full Version : PSP

max power
27/02/2006, 10:43 AM
anyone have one, what are they like, graphics, battery life etc. can you play your own games on this and can i transfer record stuff from dvd on to their discs.

paul_oshea
27/02/2006, 10:58 AM
i ahve one. you can use psp 9 to burn to divx and play on your psp so long as you have a memory card.

max power
27/02/2006, 11:20 AM
PSP 9, explain my dear boy.

i record a lot from tv onto a dvd recorder so i'd like to watch that stuff on my psp ( if i go for one )

lofty9
27/02/2006, 11:34 AM
My mate and his son have one each. They have about 40 games stored on each one - and play each other on them. Apparently, they got them downgraded and this enables them to load rented games etc onto them. Its brilliant watching the two of them play each other, very funny. His wife even gets to watch TV now, as they don't hog the tv with the xbox as much!

max power
27/02/2006, 11:43 AM
of course sownloading rented games is illegal and is not the ways members of this board behaves.

paul_oshea
27/02/2006, 12:06 PM
erm ya you have to downgrade the firmware, but i dont think you can put the normal games, you have to do something with them before you can put them on your memory card.

anto1208
28/02/2006, 4:27 PM
PSP is fecking brilliant i love mine , you can convert any thing you want to psp format there are loads of software packs that do this psp 9 is a good un , you can convert dvd avi mpeg4 etc etc .

you can also downgrade the software that will allow you to play downloaded games ( downgrading messes up your warrenty and downloading games is highly illegal ) why downgrading messes your warrenty i dont know it would be like dell not fixing your comp after you put windows 98 on it instead of xp .
and you can legally make a "dump ISO " from games you have bought in a shop ( back up ) these can be played direct from your memory card .

down to the good stuff the launch games were poor and not worth a fiver let alone 60 euro(hence downloading took off ) but with games like pro evo 5 grand teft auto and need for speed most wanted being very very good grafficly & playability etc etc its finally looking like a great bit of equipment .i have nt played champ manager yet but i dont think its suited for such a small console .

the movies you buy are on UMD 's which is way better than DVD quality , battery life is any where from 4 to 8 hours depending on whether your playing a game or watching a film from disk or from the memory card .will you ever not be near a plug for over 8 hours of playing ??

on mine at the moment is :
shaun of the dead dvd
Adam and paul dvd
3 episodes of family guy
3 south park
1 everyone hates chris ( new chris rock show )
2 70's show
need for speed game
prince of persia game
strokes new album MP3
arcade fire album mp3
sufjan steven album mp3
12 ricky gervais podcasts
some gift grubs

now that is certainly enough to pass any boring bus or plane journey :D

max power
27/04/2006, 12:22 PM
does the psp 9 software change the avi format to one that a PSP can read ???

i have a lot of avi files i would use, if i can't use them i wont buy one.

RĂ©iteoir
01/05/2006, 9:58 PM
I use my iPod Video to store my DVDs on.

I have a Ninetendo DS - superb for the online gaming

8 player Mario Kart DS >>>>>>>>>> *

max power
02/05/2006, 10:06 AM
I use my iPod Video to store my DVDs on.

I have a Ninetendo DS - superb for the online gaming

8 player Mario Kart DS >>>>>>>>>> *

i'd rather sandpaper my balls until they were raw than use an ipod of any description.

i got the psp 9 and i am watching avi files on it that i downloaded.

all i need to do now is be able to watch my dvds, the files are too large for the 1gb card, even with dvd shrink, any idesa apart from getting a 2gb card and even that isn't big enough for some of the dvds seeing as the org disc is normally 4.7 gb.

i do have dvd's of tv show, i.e series 1 to 4 of curb, is there any way isolating a specific eposide and converting that rather than the whole disc.

RĂ©iteoir
02/05/2006, 11:21 AM
I do have dvd's of tv show, i.e series 1 to 4 of curb, is there any way isolating a specific eposide and converting that rather than the whole disc.

This utility - PQ DVD - is the best software for that job - you can isolate individual episodes or parts of episodes.

http://www.pqdvd.com/psp/

max power
02/05/2006, 2:37 PM
This utility - PQ DVD - is the best software for that job - you can isolate individual episodes or parts of episodes.

http://www.pqdvd.com/psp/

Sweet, i got first 4 seasons of sopranos as well so i think the software will be well used.

anto1208
15/05/2006, 8:49 AM
i said id stick this in hear but have ye played football manger on psp ,

i got it about 2 weeks ago its ok but very limited , huge number of players close to being as big as the pc but its the game play that lets it down .
it has preset formations if they have nt included your fav your stuck picking a different one i wanted to play 3-2-2-2-1 but the closest i could get was 4-1-3-2 you cant make them make runs down the wing unless they are included in the preset formation ( which are normally called 442 attacking etc but that leakes a load of goals because the team pushes up all the time .

you cant swap player ie 10 mill + player for some one .

no media feedback very little from the board nothing from fans (not even after winning the champs league they dont "chant your name in the streets ")

because the only thing that happens is injuries or suspentions you get a load ,

when selectin gyour team it shows all the players not just your first team so there is allways kids and ressie's that shouldnt be there .

little things like that but its still class to pass away a bus journey to work in the morning but it is easy ive done 2 seasons with everton first 1 i won the champs league ,2nd i finished 5th in the prem got to the semi's in the cl ,final in the fa cup ,won the super cup ,semi's of the league cup .