PDA

View Full Version : Minutes of a meeting between the NLSA, FAI and eL

pineapple stu
26/02/2006, 3:37 PM
On the NLSA forum (http://nlsa.proboards62.com/index.cgi?action=display&board=general&thread=1140971612).

As a brief summary, the meeting was very positive, with the NLSA's being encouraged to submit their views on league issues. It is hoped to formalise regular meetings every second month or so, at which we can bring up issues fans want either clarified or noted. We hope this structure will get fully under-way once the new season starts for obvious reasons.

A face
26/02/2006, 5:21 PM
Great to see this happening .... regular meeting is a very important part to this imo.

bigmac
03/03/2006, 3:19 PM
I think it's a good idea, that appears to be gaining some momentum so many congratulations to all involved. There's no point talking about issues such as the make-up of the executive/board/whatever until such a time as the association has a good few more members. In saying that, I haven't seen the constitution or anything so I won't comment.
Basically though, I think it's about time that the supporters clubs were unionised and i think it'll help get our point of view across to the FAI, well done lads.

pineapple stu
04/03/2006, 8:35 AM
Just to clear up a couple of issues (not narked at the criticism or anything, but just want to give feedback) -

1) The 14 clubs mentioned are those who were involved in the FAI ticketing scheme in the North Terrace. We don't mean to imply that the 8 others are specifically taking a non-supportive stance. The various reps have been pointed to the NLSA reps forum where they can post their views.
2) A letter is being sent out to SCs of all clubs shortly (just gathering together contact details, in fact, and it's ready to go; anyone with an SC contact e-mail or address, PM me and I'll add it). This will formally invite SCs to join, point out how to make your opinions heard, nominate a rep, etc. I would imagine this could become a sticky thread on club forums or something to keep pit in fans' minds. As A face pointed out, the NLSA is in its infancy, but the hope is that with the clubs' backing, the NLSA can make some sort of impact.
3) The make-up of the committee is irrelevant. Granted, you just have my word for it, but the committee is trying to act for the best interests of league fans in general, not for the benefit of their individual clubs. That's the point of a committee.
4) The next things on the horizon for us would be a meeting with the FAI in about April and a submission to the FAI on the new league structure. (Both these items are mentioned in the minutes). The letter mentioned above specifically mentions these items and invites views.
5) I'll acknowledge the feedback at the moment hasn't been the best. All the committee members are voluntary, etc, etc, bleeding heart and what have you. The website and the forum have been a nightmare because the server provider keeps crashing.

Hopefully things on this front will become clearer once the letter goes out. At the moment, we have a grouping whom the FAI appear very happy to sit in the same room with as we talk, at the very least. We were invited to the league launch during the week, when, as NY Hoop mentions, John Delaney specifically asked to have a quick word and say that he hoped this would move on from ticketing issues (our intention as well).

A face
08/03/2006, 10:19 PM
... Bump !!