PDA

View Full Version : Objection to renaming of Thread

Block G Raptor
26/02/2006, 3:00 AM
Sorry Guy's but Iam offended by the renaming of the orange march thread.
While I accept that initialily the thread was perhaps inappropitley named as the march was not an Orange order march. I feel that to call the deplorable action that were taken by certain individuals in Dublin today "A Republican Riot" is incorrect and down right offencive to real and proper republicans

Please rectify this

Thanks
BGR

superfrank
26/02/2006, 9:19 AM
I agree. Just because there are some arseholes who can't accept Protestants/Orangemen doesn't mean all of us should be brought down to their level.

Dodge
26/02/2006, 12:26 PM
People rioted in the name of Republicanism. Thread remains titled that way

A face
26/02/2006, 1:05 PM
People rioted in the name of Republicanism. Thread remains titled that way

Lads, i have to agree with this ... i will say that maybe not all republicans feel the same way about it, or maybe they do but just didn't riot but the fact is, the riots were caused by people who claimed they were republicans and were they in the name of republicanism.

I mean if its not OK to use the word republicanism now, then when is it OK to use it ??

pete
26/02/2006, 2:07 PM
I wanted to ensure all the debate stayed in 1 thread so needed to add the Riot demention to it.

If i renamed "Love Ulster Riots" it would have implied that the unionists were rioting which there is no evidence of.

The fact is Repubican SF have taken credit for the riot & some of the rioters were republicans.

I remain open to suggestion of what to name the thread.

"Republican SF Riots at Love Ulster march" ?

Block G Raptor
26/02/2006, 9:06 PM
How's about "love ulster march-dublin riots"

The Pie Man
26/02/2006, 9:16 PM
but it happened in February, why bring March into it;)

A face
26/02/2006, 9:28 PM
but it happened in February, why bring March into it;)

Ha ha !! :p

Dodge
26/02/2006, 10:58 PM
How's about "love ulster march-dublin riots"
Unfair to those of us in Dublin who didn't riot? You can see the bind we're in. The names remains. Leave it alone.

dahamsta
05/03/2006, 8:09 AM
The thread title has been renamed to "Love Ulster March".