PDA

View Full Version : Rovers 1-1 Galway

Red&White Rover
25/02/2006, 8:52 PM
seanie flannery with our goal...and i saw aine!

SligoBrewer
25/02/2006, 9:21 PM
so did i...

faz played well.
manssaram looked encouraging aswell

Red&White Rover
25/02/2006, 9:28 PM
faz is slow! at least i thought he was tonight any way

Red&White Rover
25/02/2006, 9:41 PM
and raff didnt play

http://www.sligorovers.com/match/match%20stats/2006/20060225_gawlay.htm

SligoBrewer
25/02/2006, 9:42 PM
he did look unfit but he wasn't afraid to take the game on!

redrov2005
25/02/2006, 11:32 PM
Is it just me or does anyone else think that considering we have so many new faces that we could have done with one or two more friendly matches against strong opposition.

I have a feeling that for the first few games of the league that it will be said " its a new squad and it's going to take them time to get used to each other".

Just a thought not a criticism.

sligoman
26/02/2006, 12:12 AM
What a p!ss poor game in fairness. Maneswaran(our whatever his name is), Judge and Turner look like very good players.

As for Paul Deering:rolleyes:.

feo123
26/02/2006, 2:16 AM
One piece of magic(well, nearly) from mansaram wit his 1st touch!
Turner impressed me the most!
Hughes looked good in the first half too
Judge looks good on the ball but didnt look for it enough e.g. coming short and lookin 4 it....same wit mansaram!
new right back, the lad that came on looked good! is he the killybags p;ayer?

Red&White Rover
26/02/2006, 9:33 AM
yeah i think so...seamus coleman came on a sub

redtilldead
26/02/2006, 10:28 AM
over priced with comedy being supplied by the ref.on a serious note we look to have signed some decent players but unless we can get down the flanks better we are going to struggle to feed the front two.very impressed with turner and we def had a lot more bite second half.we can only get better

Redtop
26/02/2006, 10:46 AM
ya turner was quality..i thought that the match was absolute ****e

feo123
26/02/2006, 12:16 PM
it wasnt as bad as the harps friendly last year in the showgrounds when it was 0-0!

red arrow
26/02/2006, 4:38 PM
match wasnt great but we did show better in 2nd half. i know this is the old cliche but players are going to take a while to familiarise with each other. i thought that we had a lot of strong players out there and will only get better. the pick of the new ones for me were mansaram (who semms to be very strong and is a real striker if ball is played into him properly several times he was waiting on thru ball but didnt get it) turner looked very good on the ball, foy may still be a bit heavy but can control his area well, hughes was ok. if s.c. can get a game plan going with these boys we could be hard to beat

Red4Eva
26/02/2006, 9:10 PM
didn't think the match was that bad considering it was a friendly. a lotta stoppages for injuries and deering(what a f*ckin spoon) stopped the match from every really gettin into full flow. turner was f*ckin unbelievable. very little for the strikers to work with. mctiernan wasted the ball every time he got it, i think he could lose his place early on unless he starts scoring quick. taut faz was good in 1st half but he need to be more alert when we don't have the ball. hughes was quiet enough but i think he'll be a good signing. gary curran was pretty good again when he came on, as was seamie coleman. i'd say next week's game will be a better indication of how we're set for march11.

feo123
27/02/2006, 4:35 PM
t'was class when Mickey Mac beat Deering in the head with the ball......should have seen seanies face, massive grin!

Red4Eva
27/02/2006, 9:28 PM
http://www.galwayunitedfc.ie/sligo_reporta06.html

such nonsense!

Conor H
27/02/2006, 9:37 PM
Red4Eva from the reports ive heard that seems to be pretty accurate.:confused:

feo123
27/02/2006, 9:43 PM
thats a very biased report! just look at the 1st line.....could ave been 2 up in 5 mins! didnt bother readin the rest of it, its in grey writing!

Red4Eva
27/02/2006, 9:45 PM
Red4Eva from the reports ive heard that seems to be pretty accurate.:confused:

well i was at the game so i think i'd know. to claim galway were "rampant" at any stage of the game is ludicrous. allthough the game was fairly even i think every1 would agree we shaded at least

"David O'Dowd causing problems on the wing United" :confused:
"Ciaran Foley dictating matters in mid-field" foley played good enuff but that's a ridiculous thing to say

Mayo Red
27/02/2006, 10:28 PM
Very biased match report alright from United's website?? In fairness the game was fairly evenly balanced between both sides, and a draw was probably a fair result on a very cold night! It didn't mention anything about Murphy's poor delivery from dead ball situations all night either! It was typical pre-season fare really with the substitutions and that spanner Deering breaking up the flow of the game, but a good run out nonetheless for both sides. Turner looked a class act alright and Foy has a decent left peg, Coleman too looks like a good one for the future. I would have liked to have seen Judge get stuck in a bit more when he came on though.

Rovers1
02/03/2006, 5:26 PM
whos coleman?

Rovers1
02/03/2006, 5:28 PM
'Twin strike partners Murphy and Eric Lavine were very lively early on'

they hardly touched the ball between them first 10 minutes!!

Was anyone in the old stand when Derek O Brien got the mouth full of abuse,awful funny!!

The Stars
02/03/2006, 7:41 PM
no what was said to Derek?

Mayo Red
02/03/2006, 7:47 PM
whos coleman?

The young lad that came on at right back for the last 10-15 minutes or so as far as I know. He looked a bit lost when he first came on, but he soon got into it and wasn't afraid to get stuck in, made one great run down the line!

sligoman
04/03/2006, 1:45 PM
Was anyone in the old stand when Derek O Brien got the mouth full of abuse,awful funny!!Yeah, heard that:D. If Deering was any good of a ref he'd have booked O'Brien for answering back:mad:.

The Stars
04/03/2006, 6:58 PM
why what was said sligoman?

sligoman
04/03/2006, 7:12 PM
why what was said sligoman?Don't remember it all but it was just some fella shouted at him saying he's a bluffer and he's alway's injured, then O'Brien just looked and told him to shut up!