PDA

View Full Version : Did ye sign up Vinny?

jasonblues
23/02/2006, 12:05 PM
Does anyone know if ye signed him up???

Risteard
23/02/2006, 1:01 PM
No word as of yet!
Seen as he's out of contract (true?), think he can be signed up whenever we feel like it.

Risteard
24/02/2006, 1:50 AM
He seems set to sign tomorrow.:)
Bit of wrangling over the contract though.
Rico wanted him to go full-time which would probably have seen him take a regular slot on the left wing.
Vinny wants to keep up the apprenticeship though.

They're now saying that there'll be some sort of compromise but i don't see what that can be other than him sticking with the plumbing and getting the same time off as all part-timers.
If that's the case, i wouldn't fancy his chances of holding down a place as Billy Woods (not sure if he's injured) and Derek Coughlan (seemingly on his way to retirement again) seem to be struggling to compete for a place.

jasonblues
27/02/2006, 3:01 PM
ya i just heard that last nite as well, he didnt want to join full time (dont blame him either), plumbin would be a steadier option!!!

A face
27/02/2006, 3:58 PM
He seems set to sign tomorrow.:)
Bit of wrangling over the contract though.
Rico wanted him to go full-time which would probably have seen him take a regular slot on the left wing.
Vinny wants to keep up the apprenticeship though.

They're now saying that there'll be some sort of compromise but i don't see what that can be other than him sticking with the plumbing and getting the same time off as all part-timers.
If that's the case, i wouldn't fancy his chances of holding down a place as Billy Woods (not sure if he's injured) and Derek Coughlan (seemingly on his way to retirement again) seem to be struggling to compete for a place.

Maybe Dave Barry could give his a job with 10 hours a week, he could still do the apprenticeship and be practically fulltime !! :p