PDA

View Full Version : Is Ireland a middle class hellhole

Pages : 1 [2]

crc
26/02/2006, 8:50 AM
If watching the Premiership qualifies you as a West Brit then that covers 99% of the country.
and 99% of Norway!

(or would they be East-Brits??)

CollegeTillIDie
26/02/2006, 2:21 PM
Norwegian League games are relatively well attended so no they don't qualify as East-Brits.

BobbySands
26/02/2006, 11:40 PM
This is possibly the funniest thread ever posted here. Thank you.

dcfcsteve
27/02/2006, 10:47 AM
agree with the leinster thing.went up to watch liverpool v man u match in the local recently and bloody leinster match was bein shown on the big screen for the benefit of some shams not from the area.who the hell has any identification with leinster? its either dublin or the bog. there is no leinster.

The beauty of someone in the Irish province of Leinster going to watch 2 English football teams playing in his local Leinster-based pub, bemoaning the fact that there were lots of other Leinster people in there watching a Leinster team play rugby and disturbing his viewing of English sport, and then questioning how how anyone in that Leinster-based pub could possibly identify with a Leinster team..... :eek: :rolleyes:

I sware, you couldn't make stuff like that up if you tried.......!

Jerry The Saint
27/02/2006, 12:25 PM
Oh So True :D

The Leinster squad currently includes players from North Dublin, South Dublin, Meath, Louth, Wexford, Kildare, Wicklow, Cork, Australia, New Zealand, England and Argentina

And anyway Blackrock isn't a nation (yet...) :p

klein4
27/02/2006, 12:47 PM
The beauty of someone in the Irish province of Leinster going to watch 2 English football teams playing in his local Leinster-based pub, bemoaning the fact that there were lots of other Leinster people in there watching a Leinster team play rugby and disturbing his viewing of English sport, and then questioning how how anyone in that Leinster-based pub could possibly identify with a Leinster team.....

wow that is sarcasm!!!!:rolleyes:
As I said before I dont feel any loyalty or sense of belonging to any place called leinster or any team representing them. and I would say most dublin people would feel the same. I dont see any differance in me wanting to watch two british teams and you supporting one.;)

CollegeTillIDie
27/02/2006, 8:29 PM
The beauty of someone in the Irish province of Leinster going to watch 2 English football teams playing in his local Leinster-based pub, bemoaning the fact that there were lots of other Leinster people in there watching a Leinster team play rugby and disturbing his viewing of English sport, and then questioning how how anyone in that Leinster-based pub could possibly identify with a Leinster team..... :eek: :rolleyes:

Well said !:o