PDA

View Full Version : Lionel Messi

Reality Bites
23/02/2006, 8:22 AM
What a player, can't wait to see him in action during World Cup.. Quality!

Hulsey
23/02/2006, 11:15 AM
Great performance last night from the lad, the nuts on Robben when he lunged in 2 footed was brilliant! Let himself down big time feigning injury during the Del Horno incident though, the fact he actually looked towards the ref before he started rolling around (which anyone who is seriously hurt would not do anyway) is a joke really.

Risteard
23/02/2006, 11:58 AM
Players dive.

Bit of a Messi-lover.
He came on for Barca 1-0 down a couple of weeks ago and got two lovely goals. But ya gotta be cautious about saying how brilliant he's gonna be.
Aimar and Ortega were the new Maradonas aswell once.
Terrific talent but mightn't light this World Cup on fire seen as he's only played 90 seconds so far with his argentine team-mates.

Dodge
23/02/2006, 12:03 PM
Messi will start in the world cup, thats almost a certainty

drinkfeckarse
23/02/2006, 12:38 PM
Great performance last night from the lad, the nuts on Robben when he lunged in 2 footed was brilliant! Let himself down big time feigning injury during the Del Horno incident though, the fact he actually looked towards the ref before he started rolling around (which anyone who is seriously hurt would not do anyway) is a joke really.

I thought Del Horno's reaction was almost as bad, he went down clutching his chest and then started gripping his knee:rolleyes: :D

Hulsey
23/02/2006, 12:46 PM
I thought Del Horno's reaction was almost as bad, he went down clutching his chest and then started gripping his knee:rolleyes: :D
That was funny alright:D , both of them looked like prats with there shenanigans and if the lino hadn't of been there I reckon Messi would have ended up in row 6.

Risteard
23/02/2006, 12:53 PM
Messi will start in the world cup, thats almost a certainty
Ya, the argey federation announced that he'd be in the world cup squad before he got his first cap.
Tevez could miss out on the starting 11 i'd say.

Dodge
23/02/2006, 1:27 PM
Argentina manager loves him, said he's going to base his team around him. fairly bold statements

Risteard
23/02/2006, 1:32 PM
I must say i buy into all this hype unequivocally now after last night.
This guy has all the makings of a Fenn or Diego Armando.

Aldini98
23/02/2006, 1:51 PM
Players dive.

Bit of a Messi-lover.
He came on for Barca 1-0 down a couple of weeks ago and got two lovely goals. But ya gotta be cautious about saying how brilliant he's gonna be.
Aimar and Ortega were the new Maradonas aswell once.
Terrific talent but mightn't light this World Cup on fire seen as he's only played 90 seconds so far with his argentine team-mates.

Like him myself but you're talkin cack about him coming on when they were 1-0 down a few weeks ago, they were 1-0 up

Risteard
23/02/2006, 1:54 PM
Is this the match where one of his goals was a sexual loopy curve around the keeper with the outside of his foot after being set free by Ronaldinho?

If so, apologies as i would then be a talker of cack.:)

ollie
23/02/2006, 3:38 PM
he was brialliant last night.first time actually seeing him though i remember seeing the cover of FFT and when Ronaldinho was being asked/told he was the best player in the world he said he wasn't even the player in the club.he's so natural and so young as well.god only knows what he'll be like if he keeps developing and stays clear of injuries

onenilgameover
23/02/2006, 3:51 PM
Have seen him a few times now and he will be the biggest star in the world cup imho.

feo123
23/02/2006, 7:04 PM
Great player! probably him + Crespo up front for the Argentines in the world cup! he was unreal in the U-19 cup a few months back....captained the side and was top scorer!

renovater
23/02/2006, 8:38 PM

If there was frailty to robben game. Its defending or back tracking.
I would have thought he should have started Duff instead of Robben because he Duff cover every blade of grass more than likely Del boy would have been better to handle messis given he would trust duff to clear his lines better.

Dodge
23/02/2006, 11:16 PM
But Duff hasn't performed well in probably the last year...

cullenswood
24/02/2006, 7:38 AM
I love Messi as a player and really think he will be one of a few players that will be the top performers at the world cup. Have seen him play a couple of times in the Camp Nou and he was class, and the crowd obviously love him.

NeilMcD
24/02/2006, 9:13 AM
Del boy this is not a Chelsea forum for fck sacke.

Emmet
24/02/2006, 12:02 PM
Messi is class - still only 18 as well!!

ccfcman
24/02/2006, 12:24 PM
Welcome top 2 years ago ppl :/ He has been at Barca sincew 13 :o

NeilMcD
24/02/2006, 12:57 PM
Sorry could you repeat that last post, dont really understand it.

Risteard
24/02/2006, 1:10 PM
Basically,
Hey i'm ccfcman, it was way cooler when i was the one talking about Messi two years ago even though he was only getting the very rare substitute appearance. It doesn't matter that his first goal was only 9 months ago. If you don't talk about them at the start, you're not hip and with it like me.
How can ye go around saying players like Ronaldinho are good? Sure that dinosaurs twenty fecking five. I'm off now to find some obscure 16 year old getting his game for Boavista before everybody jumps on my bandwagon and says he's good aswell. He's my player.

Get down off that high horse ccfcman.:D

Dodge
24/02/2006, 1:44 PM
barca debut (non friendly) was April 2005. First I heard of him was in in pro evolution 4 :)

ccfcman
24/02/2006, 3:14 PM
He was playing in Barcelona C and then B teams for last two years boyos, and having seen him play @ the Espanyol ground two years ago he was awesome then :> Everybody in spain has been talking about him for years :D

NeilMcD
24/02/2006, 3:19 PM
I think you will find not everybody in Spain has been speaking about him for years.

Sorry but taste of your own medicine maybe.

Docboy
24/02/2006, 4:39 PM
Absolutely loved the boys performance the other night. Maradona defined my upbringing bringing me my love of the game. Without wanting to go over the top this lad Messi will do the same for the kids of today. What a joy to watch. Del Horno got what he deserved trying to intimidate him.

redtildead
24/02/2006, 10:02 PM
I saw him in the nou camp on saturday and what I didnt realise about him was how quick he was

FarBeag
25/02/2006, 12:38 AM
Super player.Will be one of the highlights of the world cup.Just one further little ingredient added to the Argentina team to whack Ingerland.

feo123
25/02/2006, 1:11 PM
whos better lads.....Rooney or Messi?? i'd still say rooney.......stronger, gets about more!

Risteard
25/02/2006, 2:14 PM
Well if i was in doubt i could say we'll see in two years when Messi is 20 but instead i would have to say
. . . . . .. .. . . .. . . Lionel Messi.

Dodge
26/02/2006, 11:13 PM
Interview on Barca website (http://www.fcbarcelona.com/eng/noticias/noticias/n06022607.shtml)

Donegalcelt
27/02/2006, 12:39 AM
he was brialliant last night.first time actually seeing him though i remember seeing the cover of FFT and when Ronaldinho was being asked/told he was the best player in the world he said he wasn't even the player in the club.he's so natural and so young as well.god only knows what he'll be like if he keeps developing and stays clear of injuries

Yeah saw that. Tom Humphries had a remarkable similar column a couple of weeks later

gustavo
12/07/2007, 9:41 AM
His latest effort
r1rhN9gnyR4

bellavistaman
12/07/2007, 9:50 AM
thats just sheer class.

jebus
12/07/2007, 11:18 AM
whos better lads.....Rooney or Messi?? i'd still say rooney.......stronger, gets about more!

You're joking aren't you? Messi is a far more consistent player than Rooney, who tends to drift in and out of seasons, let alone matches. Plus when Rooney starts playing consistently well in the Champions League, and starts scoring regularly at international level then we can start talking about him being in the same league as Ronaldinho, Messi and yes, even Cristiano (who still has a bit to prove himself)

Neish
12/07/2007, 10:10 PM
Quality

vdinFoS3cH8