PDA

View Full Version : Rafael Cretaro signs for Galway United

Pages : [1] 2 3

Champer
22/02/2006, 1:17 PM
i just recieved information that raf cretaro has signed for galway united for the coming season. wat the hell is sean connor at letting him go. big big mistake. wont go down well with the supporters, he was the fans favorite! he wil be missed badly from the team but good luck to him in galway! sean connors loss........stephen lallys gain!

galwaygirl
22/02/2006, 1:24 PM
When did this happen?
Havent heard anything in Galway about it :confused:

Terry
22/02/2006, 1:29 PM
When did this happen?
Havent heard anything in Galway about it :confused:

he signed last night, couldnt commit to going full time with Sligo.

galwaygirl
22/02/2006, 1:42 PM
BTW you boys have got a great little player !
I know that Rogue Trader, was always impressed with him anytime i've seen him playing

gufct
22/02/2006, 1:43 PM
I dont know what Connor is upto.I wish sligo all the best this year but like Galway found out u wont survive if you get rid of your best local players.

Terry
22/02/2006, 1:43 PM
Your Joking to be honest Terry I heard it was the other way around that he wanted to go full time and we did not really want to someone looking for Full Time Wages esp when he has another Job !

Thats the truth Rogue Trader, If he wanted to go full time why did he come down here to play part time? He just couldnt commit to a full time set-up. Didn't want to leave but had to in the end.

gustavo
22/02/2006, 1:44 PM
If this is true it is an absolute disaster and a disgrace as Raf is a fabulous player

Terry
22/02/2006, 1:46 PM
It is Gustavo, I rang a member of GUFC to check, and it was clarified.

gustavo
22/02/2006, 1:49 PM
im very ****ed off now. he has been our best player for the last 5 years and now he is gone this is awful , if he couldnt commit to full time why are o grady and mcnamara still there they both have jobs:mad: :mad: :mad:

gustavo
22/02/2006, 1:52 PM
http://www.galwayunitedfc.ie/

Stephen Lally has put the final piece of his jigsaw together today with the signing of Raffael Cretaro who previously played with Sligo Rovers. The Tubbercurry native, who is 23, plays mostly in mid-field. He is a very versatile player though and gives United additional options at full-back and up front. He is a significant acquisition for Galway United.
‘We have put a very strong squad together and prepared well for the coming season,’ says Lally. ‘Signing Raff is an unexpected boost however as players of his calibre don’t often become available. He will give us lots of options and further strenghtens the squad in depth.’

United visit Sligo Rovers on Saturday night next for a pre-season warm up fixture.

Terry
22/02/2006, 1:55 PM
All it says is that he became available, so Im guessing he was free? Sligo must have released him from his contract?

sligoboy
22/02/2006, 1:57 PM
i am ragin how can sc let go our most consistant and best player over the last few seasons go!!! i would much prefer he tried to keep him than tryin to bring other players to the club who lets be honest are unproven to all off except maybe keith foy!!
seriously thinking of not going to longford now it is a DISGRACE!! :mad: :mad: : :confused:

gustavo
22/02/2006, 2:00 PM
will be interesting to see if he plays on saturday .....

Champer
22/02/2006, 2:02 PM
When did this happen?:

it happened before lunch today!

Eire06
22/02/2006, 2:07 PM
Great for us..
he's a very versatile player and just what we needed..
Wonder will he make an appearance in the Showgrounds at the upcoming friendly...

Red&White Rover
22/02/2006, 2:07 PM
Speechless...absolutely apalling decision!

Mr A
22/02/2006, 2:12 PM
Sean Connor- the next Felix Healy? From hero to zero in the space of a year?

Great signing for Galway.

Trainee
22/02/2006, 2:13 PM
Nice one role on march 10th

sligoboy
22/02/2006, 2:14 PM
sean connor is quickly loosing respect!!! :mad:

Redzer
22/02/2006, 2:39 PM
It has nothing to do with Sean Conner. It was said at the AGM, outside influences were trying to persuade certain players to demand outrages payments. Raff was one of them.
Raff is a boll*x listening to fools advice. He got a good deal and turned it down. He would have been one of the highest, if not the highest paid player in the squad if he accepted the offer.
He has made a major mistake, career wise, leaving Rovers.

Champer
22/02/2006, 2:46 PM
He would have been one of the highest, if not the highest paid player in the squad if he accepted the offer.

thats not true. from what i hear keith foy is the highest paid player at the club, 800euro and accomadation and rafs offer was nowhere near that! rafs not the boll*x its the manager!

Red Rover
22/02/2006, 2:46 PM
This could seriously damage the relationship between management and fans at the showgrounds.How can we be certain of anything when a couple of weeks after signing a new contract a player leaves.Players like cretaro are the heart and soul of this club.Timing is also shocking with only hours left until the transfer window closes.Its going to be very difficult to get by in the premier with such a small squad.

marktis
22/02/2006, 3:02 PM
Some serious questions have to be asked of the manager when so many players leave after winning a league title.

I wonder if Raf will be playing on the right wing for Galway this Saturday and ..... do you think he will be able to skin Foy?????
No a hard question to answer ....

Terry
22/02/2006, 3:04 PM
Things look as if Sligo had got relegated last season looking at the amount of exits on this list:

Sligo Rovers
In -
Chris Turner (Derby County)
Keith Foy (Monaghan)
Adam Hughes (Doncaster)
Gavin Peers (Mansfield)
Out -
Rafael Cretaro
Ciarán Foley
Ryan O'Donnell (all Galway)
Philip Gallagher
Christopher Kelly
Alan Flynn (all released)
Stephen O'Donnell (Finn Harps)
Kupono Low (LA Galaxy)
Ian Rossiter
Jim Sheridan (both Athlone)
Tim McCann (Linfield)
Paul Brown (Ballymena)

How do rovers supporters feel about the coming season?

gustavo
22/02/2006, 3:10 PM
we signed three players today mickensie from hibs brush and judge too

Terry
22/02/2006, 3:12 PM
we signed three players today mickensie from hibs brush and judge too

Badly needed, where do they play?

Best of luck next season, and hopefully now, we should be joining ye up there!

Red4Eva
22/02/2006, 3:17 PM
raf shook hands on a new full time deal bout 5 weeks. as far as i'm concerned he's the bollo*ks. i hope enjoys playin in front of 300 ppl next season

Royal rover
22/02/2006, 3:26 PM
I mentioned this sometime ago that connor should have kept o'Donnell, not so sure about Foley though, this is obviously fantastic news for Galway, although what i would say to these negative comments is that SC is the manager and i would leave the negative comments until at least 7 or 8 games into the season, like one of you pointed out Raff was influenced from somebody on the outside i believe this to be true, he was offered a decent contract, is it a wise move signing for Galway, i don't really know, a fans favourite for many years he has been a class act for us, i wish him well!

Red Rover
22/02/2006, 3:28 PM
12 Players out 7 in but we had too big of a squad last season ! But did not want to see Raf go ! Actually you can make that 13 out because Gerry is gone !
Who are the three new additions to the four mentioned above.What do you know about them

Red4Eva
22/02/2006, 3:32 PM
i would leave the negative comments until at least 7 or 8 games into the season

spot on. i think ppl will have forgotten bout raf by may. sean connor won us the league last year, the cheek of any rovers fans to doubt him

Red&White Rover
22/02/2006, 3:37 PM
yes...but seanie did win us the league and i think we should stick by him but i dont think raff will be forgotten by may

Redzer
22/02/2006, 3:39 PM
raf shook hands on a new full time deal bout 5 weeks. as far as i'm concerned he's the bollo*ks. i hope enjoys playin in front of 300 ppl next season
Thats correct Red4Eva. He then went back looking for more. So F*ck him. Sean has said on more than one occasion, that if a player does not want to give Rovers 100% then he doesn't want him.

Red Rover
22/02/2006, 3:39 PM
spot on. i think ppl will have forgotten bout raf by may. sean connor won us the league last year, the cheek of any rovers fans to doubt him
I dont think anyone doubts him,its just that im worried that he is making a habit of falling out with people and whos to say the next person wont be the chairman.It would be a disastor were he to end up leaving over some silly dispute.

Red4Eva
22/02/2006, 3:50 PM
.....i dont think raff will be forgotten by may

well maybe not forgotten but we'll get over it

redrov2005
22/02/2006, 3:51 PM
Think it's shocking news so near to the start of the season. I don't know who is to blame and there are probably 2 sides to it. Most fans don't really care about the circumstances. They just want a strong team and most would want Raff in it !

I have great time for Sean and it's not a case of doubting him. But when a player who has given so much (even before Sean arrived ) decides for whatever reason that he'd be better off going to Galway then you'd have to wonder.

Part of management is about man management and in the case of Tosh,O'Donnell,Carr and Cretaro it appears SC hasn't mastered that art.

Now maybe we'll be fine and do well in the Premier. But i tell you what i reckon will happen lads....Sooner or later SC will probably pick a fight he can't win (maybe with a committee member ) and he'll head off to the League up North.

1 9 2 8
22/02/2006, 5:23 PM
He was a great player and gave 100% when he played for us but fu*k him he's now gone. He shook hands on a full time deal at the start of the year. But he was influenced by a certain Sligo person not to take the deal. The last offer that was giving to him was as good as the rest of our top players now he down in Krustyland Park on less then what he'd get with us. Maybe he likes playing in front of 500 or so people.

This had nothing to do with Seán Connor he isn't in charge of how much money he can spend the lad just got greedy

JW.
22/02/2006, 5:33 PM
He could well be the final piece: perhaps this frees Murph to start up front with whoever. Now we've effectively options in every outfield position.
I never saw that much of Cretaro but the Rovers fans always seemed to think he was pretty decent. We've now signed two players from Premier Division teams, one of whom was playing for Derry most of the time and the other a certain starter for Rovers.
JW

Conor H
22/02/2006, 5:33 PM
He'll be playing in front of alot more than that....as you know.;)
Great signing for us no doubt i just wonder is there unrest in the Sligo camp with all yere exits or is it simply because al yere players have too commit full time.:confused:

JW.
22/02/2006, 5:35 PM
Maybe he likes playing in front of 500 or so people.
Assuming we do as well as I think we'll do this season, you're right: 500 people will be watching Cretaro. And another 500-1000 as well.

Mayo Red
22/02/2006, 6:29 PM
Like nearly everyone else I think this is terrible news!:mad: To lose arguably our most consistent performer over the last few seasons could turn out to be a real disaster for us. Obviously, there is a long season ahead and whether Raf and some of the other players leaving comes back to haunt us remains to be seen, but it certainly can't make our task any easier!

Sean Connor achieved so much last season and rightly deserves great credit, but questions have to be asked about his man-management skills and his relationship with the players and coaching staff. There are two sides to every story and it is one thing moulding your own team and stamping your authority, but he seems to have fallen out with an awful lot of people and they can't all be wrong! As redrov2005 says, sooner or later he may pick a fight he can't win! I just hope for Sean's sake and that of the supporters that we achieve our goal of Premier Division safety next season, especially with the uncertainty over the new league proposals and the possible dependency on final league positions. Only time will tell.......?

Also, best of luck to Raf!

red arrow
22/02/2006, 8:30 PM
red 4eva is correct cretaro was offered an extremley good deal by rovers and shook hands with sc about 5 weeks ago.thats when sean announced that he was signed to the press although he had not put pen to paper however he did a u turn and signed for galway. im supporting rovers for 35 years and i have seen players who played because they loved sligo rovers i always thought that raf was one of those players but after what i learned tonight i no longer have respect for him . he done the dirt big time on sc and sligo rovers also the supporters. im fuming at the moment because he was offered a fantastic deal but through his low iq and being influenced by somebody who we once held in high esteem as a player, he has made a bol of himself. let me tell you there is an evil force at work who is slowley trying to destroy our beloved club and this person is native born. he is putting the wrong ideas in young footballers heads and telling them that they should be geeting far better wages. i could tell you all a lot more only to say that raf was going to be one of the top paid players at the club but he got to greedy because he was influenced by this particular bol but because he is working (fas course) and also helps in chipper (tubercurry) he expected sligo rovers to pay him high wages and pay his income tax(sligo rovers now prides itself as being one of the few clbs that have all paper work up to date regarding tax). they just could not do what he asked (where is the pride in the jersey now) and because he listened to you know who it turns out that in his own silly way that he will get less money at galway. but mr evil has got his way raf is gone and me evil slowley continues to erode the good name of sligo rovers. he is the one who is doing all the damage and raf was only a sucker, because he was not intelligent enough to see the wood from the trees. mr evil is now having a good laugh at him but he is not finished with sligo rovers by a long shot. he is the one who should be behind bars because of his bitterness which has festered over the years and if one was to go back to that time you would find that he was up to dirty tricks himself and it was all for money (no pride in the jersey there either) so i say to all on this board what i have said here is the utter truth and i am 120% behind sean connors the chairman the board this is where we must support the club because mr evil (and i think most of yee know who he is) will fester by divison in the ranks. you have to believe me i say it again red4 eva has a good inside track (but not all the facts) but he is 100% correct raf has made an ejit of himself and he will regret it. i know that sc is fuming with what happened. but we must move on we still have a good squad of players albeit young but we must support them because mr evil would love to see the boo boys out in force. sorry that it tooso long to explain and maybe a bit cryptic but believe me i tell no lies:)

Red&White Rover
22/02/2006, 8:42 PM
thats from lord of the rings isnt it?

1 9 2 8
22/02/2006, 8:45 PM
red 4eva is correct cretaro was offered an extremley good deal by rovers and shook hands with sc about 5 weeks ago.thats when sean announced that he was signed to the press although he had not put pen to paper however he did a u turn and signed for galway. im supporting rovers for 35 years and i have seen players who played because they loved sligo rovers i always thought that raf was one of those players but after what i learned tonight i no longer have respect for him . he done the dirt big time on sc and sligo rovers also the supporters. im fuming at the moment because he was offered a fantastic deal but through his low iq and being influenced by somebody who we once held in high esteem as a player, he has made a bol of himself. let me tell you there is an evil force at work who is slowley trying to destroy our beloved club and this person is native born. he is putting the wrong ideas in young footballers heads and telling them that they should be geeting far better wages. i could tell you all a lot more only to say that raf was going to be one of the top paid players at the club but he got to greedy because he was influenced by this particular bol but because he is working (fas course) and also helps in chipper (tubercurry) he expected sligo rovers to pay him high wages and pay his income tax(sligo rovers now prides itself as being one of the few clbs that have all paper work up to date regarding tax). they just could not do what he asked (where is the pride in the jersey now) and because he listened to you know who it turns out that in his own silly way that he will get less money at galway. but mr evil has got his way raf is gone and me evil slowley continues to erode the good name of sligo rovers. he is the one who is doing all the damage and raf was only a sucker, because he was not intelligent enough to see the wood from the trees. mr evil is now having a good laugh at him but he is not finished with sligo rovers by a long shot. he is the one who should be behind bars because of his bitterness which has festered over the years and if one was to go back to that time you would find that he was up to dirty tricks himself and it was all for money (no pride in the jersey there either) so i say to all on this board what i have said here is the utter truth and i am 120% behind sean connors the chairman the board this is where we must support the club because mr evil (and i think most of yee know who he is) will fester by divison in the ranks. you have to believe me i say it again red4 eva has a good inside track (but not all the facts) but he is 100% correct raf has made an ejit of himself and he will regret it. i know that sc is fuming with what happened. but we must move on we still have a good squad of players albeit young but we must support them because mr evil would love to see the boo boys out in force. sorry that it tooso long to explain and maybe a bit cryptic but believe me i tell no lies:)
Well said Red Arrow as you said this "Mr Evil" as you put it is to blame lets get behind Sean, the MC and the rest of the lads 100% they did every thing in their power to keep Raf with Rovers

feo123
22/02/2006, 8:45 PM
Sean Connor is only diggin himself a bigger hole! It's gettin F*****g ridiculous at this stage!! RAGIN

1 9 2 8
22/02/2006, 8:50 PM
Sean Connor is only diggin himself a bigger hole! It's gettin F*****g ridiculous at this stage!! RAGIN
Explain how???

Red&White Rover
22/02/2006, 8:51 PM
as i've said before...it's dividing the club already...some blaming sean, some blaming the "outside influences"...raff is gone whether we like it or not and the fact of the matter is he will not be a rovers player for this season anyway...lets move on, forget about him and anybody else involved,support the players we have and stay up in the premier league ...

SligoBrewer
22/02/2006, 8:53 PM
it was mr.evil feo...

4m here on forth the person is known as mr evil

SligoBrewer
22/02/2006, 8:59 PM
i thought it was seanie's fault 2 bt den i remembered bout mr.evil 4m a couple of months back.

raf's a fool! there's no logic 4m his perspective!listening to that ?@~}{!!!!

foxfordred
22/02/2006, 9:09 PM
name and shame print the f-----s name if hes real

SligoBrewer
22/02/2006, 9:11 PM
if search bitoredxp u'll find him.

there's a link under r&w rovers posts