PDA

View Full Version : Rafael Cretaro signs for Galway United

Pages : 1 2 [3]

SligoBrewer
25/02/2006, 9:37 PM
Yap i think Raf needs a 6th year in that division alright ! :rolleyes:

The only person who knows why he left is raf and if you must know Galway were not his first or second preference when it came to switching clubs all i know is that he is gone but best of luck Raf !

i'm sure Darth Evil knows too.:mad:

sligoman
26/02/2006, 12:17 AM
I heard Raf left cos he didn't think Sean Connor is any good...

Redzer
27/02/2006, 9:42 AM
I heard Raf left cos he didn't think Sean Connor is any good...
After 5 years stuck in the dregs of what is supposed to be a football league, and SC brings us out of that in his first season. Yeah, right Raf, Sean is no good :rolleyes: He deserves Stephen Lally if that's what he thinks. He looked a lonely sight sitting on his own on Sat evening, not even his new team mates sat near him.

feo123
27/02/2006, 4:30 PM
He looked a lonely sight sitting on his own on Sat evening, not even his new team mates sat near him.
i was sittin behind him in the 2nd half and he was beside Foley, Lavine(wen he came off) and some other player:rolleyes:

maradonna
01/03/2006, 7:29 PM
wel the truth is out now why raf left in the sligo champion.

redtildead
01/03/2006, 9:51 PM
He says its because he thought sean didnt rate him

gustavo
01/03/2006, 10:00 PM
have to say thats a load of rubbish from raf i dont really believe he would leave for that reason.

feo123
01/03/2006, 10:06 PM
he didnt rate him! it wasnt over money, i was talkin to someone today about it!!

redtildead
02/03/2006, 9:37 AM
well thats what it says in the champion i dont believe it either to be honest

Redzer
02/03/2006, 9:53 AM
How Many games did Sean not play Raff last season?
Why did S.C. leave the contract offer open till the very last day of the transfer, if he didn’t want or rate Raff?
Why did Raff accept an offer of 70% of full time players fee before Christmas, and he could remain part time? And presumably still go on the FAS scheme.
Why did Raff come back in the New Year, looking for more money?
S.C. said he was looking for 9% of his total budget. So If his budget is €14,000 that’s €1,260 per week.
I don’t believe Raff’s story. He’s only looking for an excuse cos he didn’t get his way.

SligoBrewer
02/03/2006, 7:40 PM
Raf bú11****t3d in the paper yesterday bcoz he knew that fans were on his backs about his move...

he knows that we know what happened, he's just trying to cover his back(officially)

Redtop
02/03/2006, 8:40 PM
Raf bú11****t3d in the paper yesterday bcoz he knew that fans were on his backs about his move...

he knows that we know what happened, he's just trying to cover his back(officially)
i heard that story a couple of weeks ago off some1 a long time b4 he moved

SligoBrewer
02/03/2006, 8:45 PM
EXCUSES!!!!

You tellin' me that sean didn't r8 him as player when...
....He played him week in week out last yr.
....He offered him a fantastic contract WHICH RAF ACCEPTED, only 4 raf 2 throw it back in sean's face.

Sorry man but Sean r8ed raf as a player

Red4Eva
02/03/2006, 8:53 PM
i'd say it's true that sc doesn't have as high an opinion of raf as most people do but connor wanted him to stay&even if he wasn't 1st choice raf woulda played a lotta games this season cos of the size of our squad.

bottom line is connor wanted raf to stay, and offered him a decent contract, so he obviously doesn't rate him that low but f*ck it he's gone now and i hope enjoys playin in front of 400 ppl

SligoBrewer
02/03/2006, 9:04 PM
well sed, come on you rovers!!

Red4Eva
07/03/2006, 11:12 PM
“Michael [McNamara], Conor [O’Grady] and Sean [Flannery] have all responded to the challenge and, unlike other individuals, have not been frightened by the competition and by the quality of players that I have brought in.” -sean connor in today's weekender.

hmmmmm wonder who he could be talkin about. the said individual mustn't have much confidence in his own ability, irrespective of the manager's opinion, if he doesn't think he could fight for a place in our relatively small squad

maradonna
09/03/2006, 7:44 PM
met raf 2day for the first time since he left he looks in gud shape he seems to b gutted at the way things ended.but from wat he was saying he woulds been a hsppy man if he got €600 a week. i refuse to believe he was lookin 4 €1200 or 9% of s.c budget. he also siad he was trainin on a full time basis 4 2 months not gettin anything while all the other players wer gettin paid. so sumonw please tell me wats goin on in the club?:confused:

Bravo
10/03/2006, 5:51 AM
If its true about Rafs other earnings (FAS scheme & Chip shop) then E600 a week could possibly equate to circa E1200 when you take High tax bands, benefits etc into consideration, because Rovers are compliant to tax legislation & don’t use brown envelopes!
Regardless of Dosh the lad is gone, good luck to him, personally he was my favourite player, but these things happen in Footy.

red metal
11/03/2006, 9:09 AM
How Many games did Sean not play Raff last season?
Why did S.C. leave the contract offer open till the very last day of the transfer, if he didn’t want or rate Raff?
Why did Raff accept an offer of 70% of full time players fee before Christmas, and he could remain part time? And presumably still go on the FAS scheme.
Why did Raff come back in the New Year, looking for more money?
S.C. said he was looking for 9% of his total budget. So If his budget is €14,000 that’s €1,260 per week.
I don’t believe Raff’s story. He’s only looking for an excuse cos he didn’t get his way.

And do you think raf was looking for €1260 come on?There is no way!Sean give a story that he was looking for 9% of the budget!So he could get all us guys on side!Remeber he was a PR man for BCFC!

maradonna
11/03/2006, 7:04 PM
i totally agree with ya red metal but as bravo said hes gone now these things happen in footy.read the txt 2day galway drew 0-0 but it said cretaro was the best player on the nite wit eric lavine so its rovers loss . best of luck to raff.

The Stars
13/03/2006, 9:07 AM
surley it wouldnt be Sean's role to decide the groundsman?

Redzer
13/03/2006, 10:46 AM
And do you think raf was looking for €1260 come on?There is no way!Sean give a story that he was looking for 9% of the budget!So he could get all us guys on side!Remeber he was a PR man for BCFC!

A few weeks ago Raff said in an interview in the Sligo Champion, that he left because Sean Connor did not rate him as a player. Now he is telling us, he left because other players were getting paid expenses during the closed season.
Why did he accept a deal before Christmas, and then come back looking for more. Let him not think we are stupid. He was offered everything he would have got with Galway, only more, because he would be playing football for the first time in his career.
Rovers never paid players during the closed season. This is something new, IF it did happen.

SligoBrewer
15/03/2006, 8:43 PM
if hes sayin 2 things (which he is), 1 of them has 2 be a lie.

whats the betting the other reason is a lie 2!

i still say its mr.evil

1 9 2 8
15/03/2006, 9:17 PM
Mods I think thread can be locked now:rolleyes:

SligoBrewer
15/03/2006, 9:52 PM
NEVER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'll never lay down on this!

NEVER!

Redzer
16/03/2006, 9:43 AM
All due respect to Galway and Monaghan, but 183 patrons turned out for his debut. Expect up to or above 4,000 in the Showgrounds on Sat for our debutants. Says it all.

Conor H
16/03/2006, 10:38 AM
Thats Monaghan not galway.Have a look at our attendance tonight.It won't be 4000 but it will be sizeable.If i recall correctly the crowds yee got for yere opening games last season were around "1300".
We had around 30-40 fans for a 4 1/2 hour journey on a friday evening so don't compare it to the support yee brought when yere only 1 1/2 hr away.
It was quite a good support IMO and very noisy.
Also i think there was more than that there.....220(not huge but still).

Rory H
16/03/2006, 10:42 AM
4 and a half hours:rolleyes: did ye walk :D

we had 2000 at our 1st game last season

what really sums it up is raf playing in a stadium with 1 crappy stand when he could have been playing at one of the best in the country

its the past now anyway.....

Conor H
16/03/2006, 10:47 AM
Ya 4 and a half......tis a long way to Monaghan.
Yere 1st game last year "says" yee got 1500. (http://http://www.sligorovers.com/match/match%20stats/2005/050319_kildare.htm)
IM hopefull there will be that crowd in Tbowl tonight.

Magicme
16/03/2006, 10:57 AM
Conor is right, there were over 200 at the game and it is a long way from Galway to Monaghan especially by bus!

Those 30+ fans made enough noise and sang loads of songs including how much they hate Sligo followed by songs bout Raf....wonder how Raf felt bout that!

Rory H
16/03/2006, 11:07 AM
good for them...and the 300 of us made loads of noise when we went there.........did they have a badhron:D

anyway,its obvious where this thread is heading so pretend its st patricks day already and get it locked;)