PDA

View Full Version : Rafael Cretaro signs for Galway United

Pages : 1 [2] 3

Champer
22/02/2006, 10:04 PM
seriously though who is mr evil? im lost here!

The Stars
22/02/2006, 10:14 PM
I had to remove his name from bitoredxp....just incase.
If ye search both forums and have a knowledge of junior football in either sligo or mayo then you'll get it.
Anyway,the more I think about it the more im disappointed with Raf.
He was fast becoming a legend but leaving was his own choice,Sean offered
him a good contract but he wanted more....pure greed.
From what ive heard about our new players though,id say they are more than
able to take Raf's place and will be 100% commeted to us.

red arrow
22/02/2006, 10:42 PM
for those who dont know who he is his name is linked to these questions 1) another name for a woman who fancies another woman 2) these objects were very popular in holland 100 years ago for creating power to grind corn. if you cannot unravel his name from these two cryptic clues you r iq is as low as rafs. joking aside we must now show our support for sean more than ever by making it known to him publically .any suggestions?

Champer
22/02/2006, 10:42 PM
Sean offered him a good contract but he wanted more....pure greed.

i know who mr evil is now but the real mr evil is the manager! it wasnt anything to do with greed, raf was a great asset to the club and a fans favourite, he would have known that himself, so there must have been a deeper reason for him leaving! if sc could offer foy such a good contract including accomadation for a player unproven in a rovers jersey why couldnt he do the same for one of his best and proven players! raf signed for galway the same day gerry carr made publicly his decision to leave so the finger can only be pointed a one person the real mr evil.....the manager! i rest my case!

redrov2005
22/02/2006, 10:50 PM
I'm i going mad ? I'm sure that earlier there was a link here to piece on the official website with Sean being quoted about the Gerry Carr departure.

Maybe i'm going mad......

red arrow
22/02/2006, 10:52 PM
one last time i spell it out what raf was looking for was unreal (because he was partially lead astray by mr evil). based on the way raf wanted his pay packet structured his gross wages would have topped the list as far as what rovers are paying out to players and that includes keith foy. because he held two part time jobs (fas and chipper) rovers would have had to pay him gross e1000 (net e600) he was being to greedy and wrongly influenced. he made a hasty decision is now gone to galway and i can gurantee you they are not any where near giving him what rovers had to offer. its his own fault. he dosent deserve any respect. good night

redrov2005
22/02/2006, 10:53 PM
Is was a problem with the refresh button on this pc. I still think i;m going MAD............!!!! ( Mods feel free to delete these last two entries )!

DonO'Bate
22/02/2006, 11:00 PM
one last time i spell it out what raf was looking for was unreal (because he was partially lead astray by mr evil). based on the way raf wanted his pay packet structured his gross wages would have topped the list as far as what rovers are paying out to players and that includes keith foy. because he held two part time jobs (fas and chipper) rovers would have had to pay him gross e1000 (net e600) he was being to greedy and wrongly influenced. he made a hasty decision is now gone to galway and i can gurantee you they are not any where near giving him what rovers had to offer. its his own fault. he dosent deserve any respect. good night

GUFC have spoken to Cretaro in the past even before Connors was appointed Sligo manager

Rovers1
22/02/2006, 11:51 PM
just found out about Raf leaving,im ****ing ****ed off too!! our most complete player gone,if it is because of differences with Connor,Sean needs to cop on to himself and learn to sort out differences!!!O Donnell,Tosh,Foley,Carr and now our best player...gone!! Sean Connor has alot of work still to do at Rovers and he needs great players like Cretaro there!! ****ING DISGRACE!!!!

sligo1
23/02/2006, 7:39 AM
There's no way Galway are giving Raf anyway near €1,000 per week.If it was solely down to money I'm sure some type of deal could have been worked out, maybe based on bonuses etc.

Redzer
23/02/2006, 9:31 AM
There's no way Galway are giving Raf anyway near €1,000 per week.If it was solely down to money I'm sure some type of deal could have been worked out, maybe based on bonuses etc.
Raff was offered, and he accepted one of the best deals in recent history. But, he came back looking for more. The club went out of its way trying to convince him to stay. But, he threw it in their faces. Maybe he got greedy, but from what I hear, he was convinced that other players were on much more than him. A certain person had convinced him of this. (Call him Mr Evil if you like).
S.C. has a budget for the year, he could not do anything more. If he did give in to this form of blackmail, where would the club go? The debt is finally under control and I for one commend the club for sticking to their guns. The deal was done, and Raff went back on it.
It’s absolutely ridiculous that a professional or semi-professional footballer should be attending a FAS course. The club should look seriously at this.

marktis
23/02/2006, 9:35 AM
There is always going to be 2 sides to this story. I think that we should all just move on and get behind the team because no man or manager is bigger than the club.

Lets hope that we have a successful season in the premier division and give a good account of ourselves.

coislaoi
23/02/2006, 11:21 AM
for those who dont know who he is his name is linked to these questions 1) another name for a woman who fancies another woman 2) these objects were very popular in holland 100 years ago for creating power to grind corn. if you cannot unravel his name from these two cryptic clues you r iq is as low as rafs. joking aside we must now show our support for sean more than ever by making it known to him publically .any suggestions?

Sorry for coming in on this thread and I'm not trolling but we are talking about someone called Lesbian (Les/Lesley) Windmill?? Are we? I must have a low iq!:confused: :confused:

Terry
23/02/2006, 11:24 AM
NO, your right, his name is Lesbian Windmill !!:D :D

redrov2005
23/02/2006, 11:31 AM
That Lesbian Windmill! Is he still causing trouble ?!

The Stars
23/02/2006, 1:05 PM
Its Mr Lesbian Windmill.

showgies
23/02/2006, 2:47 PM
Of course there is a funny side to all this and that is the growing optimism of Galway supporters who now think they are dead certs for promotion :rolleyes: :D

Hmmmm Shams, Harps, Limerick even Athlone may have other ideas. ;)

Trainee
23/02/2006, 3:09 PM
Never Mind Raf situation

The problem is not this year but next year when The Fai 10 Team Super league Kicks in.Have the club said anything on this to make you cofident on making into this legue?

I know Galway united Had concentreted on getting things in order off the pitch( with great sucess) and the club been saying for over a year now thisseason in the clubs History

and It was the clubs ambition that got players like Alan Muphy (this maybe why Raf signed too) to sign for us these season
No offence I dont think The FAI will have 2 counnaught teams in it
I think it will be 4 Dublin clubs, cork & Derry + four other clubs
If Galway utd have a good season I think they should get in to this league but we will just have too wait and see

Champer
23/02/2006, 3:10 PM
one last time i spell it out what raf was looking for was unreal

your not making sense! its no secret raf probably wont be on as much money in galway as he would have been on in sligo! so why did he leave? if raf was greedy like you are saying he would have stayed in sligo purely for the money! but he didnt he left because he obviously wasnt happy with something else.....probably the manager knowing the amount of people he has fallin out with in the past(e.g gerry carr etc)!

Trainee
23/02/2006, 3:16 PM
If Raf had a falling out with Manager and other players but who is blame

Red4Eva
23/02/2006, 3:48 PM
just got this from one of last year's squad. raf wanted to stay but he wanted an extra €100 on top of what he was offered. connor used to give out to raf a lot but it doesn't sound like it put him off playin for rovers. so at the end of the day raf wanted to play for rovers but he cared more about money than the club

feo123
23/02/2006, 6:48 PM
Mr. Evil is a man that played centre back for us many years ago! he now has shiny grey hair and plays junior football in mayo......any guesses?

SligoBrewer
23/02/2006, 7:56 PM
not lesbian windmill.....

feo123
23/02/2006, 9:51 PM
No....not lesbian Windmill

SligoBrewer
23/02/2006, 10:01 PM
does his name begin with a g

feo123
23/02/2006, 10:06 PM
it does indeed!!

SligoBrewer
23/02/2006, 10:13 PM
and its not lesbian windmill....
this is tough! ;-D

We know who it is

Conor H
23/02/2006, 10:53 PM
oh lads dont start this S**T again !
Ya totally agree:) .Brewer is knew to the forums so he mighn't know the history!;) :D

Rory H
24/02/2006, 10:24 AM
we did well lasting 90 posts:D

gufct
24/02/2006, 10:48 AM
all in Sligo for the season but i can see your manager having a rough ride as I think he will be found out bigtime this seaso,.On Raff he didnt sign for more money in galway he actually signed for less so someone is telling porkies.

Patrick Dunne
24/02/2006, 10:59 AM
of all Eircom League players is money, they all have their price.

Its very naive of supporters to say that they love the club, etc. All players at Galway United would play for Sligo Rovers if the price was right, the reverse is also true.

jstuff
24/02/2006, 12:35 PM
Right on the button there. Raf has his price, he obviously thought there were better conditions in Galway or rovers just baulked at his requests. Either way he is gone. Some of our best players have left the club, but they are still able to come back to us.

Character assasinations on Raf are not particularly helpful and as you say very naive of supporters to think that just because he is from sligo that he should stay with the rovers for all his career.

Raf has been our most consistent and dare I say most successful player over the past 5 years. And yet people still discredit raf on his decision to go to another club. THIS IS THE WAY FOOTBALL HAS GONE.

Did we call O'Grady a greedy for leaving us for Cork ,money grapping was he?

Raf I have no doubt will return to this club , one thing Raf will always have is that he is from Sligo, and will always be supported by true supporters whatever team he plays with.

good luck raf at Galway Utd.

gerardchrystal
24/02/2006, 2:51 PM
in radisson yesterday story was that wanted the same money as full time players but he wanted only part time :

(CHECK YOUR ROLE MODELS WITH CARE)sean c

Red&White Rover
24/02/2006, 3:04 PM
its raff...not ralph

SligoBrewer
24/02/2006, 7:52 PM
Right on the button there. Raf has his price, he obviously thought there were better conditions in Galway or rovers just baulked at his requests. Either way he is gone. Some of our best players have left the club, but they are still able to come back to us.

Character assasinations on Raf are not particularly helpful and as you say very naive of supporters to think that just because he is from sligo that he should stay with the rovers for all his career.

Raf has been our most consistent and dare I say most successful player over the past 5 years. And yet people still discredit raf on his decision to go to another club. THIS IS THE WAY FOOTBALL HAS GONE.

Did we call O'Grady a greedy for leaving us for Cork ,money grapping was he?

Raf I have no doubt will return to this club , one thing Raf will always have is that he is from Sligo, and will always be supported by true supporters whatever team he plays with.

good luck raf at Galway Utd.

O'Grady left for a club in a higher division!
And Cork aren't exactly our rivals!

Red&White Rover
24/02/2006, 7:57 PM
neither are galway

SligoBrewer
24/02/2006, 8:00 PM
well there's more rivalry between us nd galway

Red&White Rover
24/02/2006, 8:04 PM
MOD EDIT
Leave the Anti Galway stuff out

SligoBrewer
24/02/2006, 8:06 PM
MOD EDIT
Leave the Anti Galway stuff out

gustavo
24/02/2006, 8:43 PM
Lads enough with the Anti Galway United stuff

SligoBrewer
24/02/2006, 8:49 PM
no probs, 4got which forum i was on

sligoman
24/02/2006, 9:18 PM
Wonder will he make an appearance in the Showgrounds at the upcoming friendly...Hope so, deserves the abuse:mad:.

feo123
24/02/2006, 9:32 PM
lads, if he plays.....please dont abuse him!!

SligoBrewer
24/02/2006, 9:43 PM
i won't... i sed so already

redtildead
24/02/2006, 9:58 PM
I hope its a good reception from the majority and i presume it will be
i have a feeling he wont be there tho

SRFCbrothelutd
24/02/2006, 10:45 PM
Lads relax... Raf will not be playing it was part of the agreement when he signed!

scotsbeer
25/02/2006, 12:16 AM
It has nothing to do with Sean Conner. It was said at the AGM, outside influences were trying to persuade certain players to demand outrages payments. Raff was one of them.
Raff is a boll*x listening to fools advice. He got a good deal and turned it down. He would have been one of the highest, if not the highest paid player in the squad if he accepted the offer.
He has made a major mistake, career wise, leaving Rovers.
I can understand when you lose your best player but you argue that he was demanding mad wages and i dont know if thats true but he has decided to join a team in a division lower maybe because his looking at his long term prospects. We are delighted that he has joined GUFC and maybe he is also thinking about another year in the 1st DIVISION AND HOW GOOD IT MAY BE FOR HIM BEFORE HE GOES UP TO THE PREMIER.

gustavo
25/02/2006, 12:37 AM
surely another year in the First Division isnt good for his career. I agree that Galway United are a club that are going places but so are we .

Redtop
25/02/2006, 12:50 AM
well hes not really askin for that much in wages he was lookin for 500 a week surely thats not much considering that fat ******* foy is on 800..

Mr A
25/02/2006, 6:33 PM
well hes not really askin for that much in wages he was lookin for 500 a week surely thats not much considering that fat ******* foy is on 800..

500 a week could easily be closer to a grand by the time the club pays tax and PRSI etc on it! 800 a week is absolutely savage money.