PDA

View Full Version : County League Teams

manalishi
21/02/2006, 10:28 AM
Based on the Clare League representative sides results and also the lack of commitment from a lot of good players is it not time to call a halt and stop banging our heads against a wall and wasting time and effort on a an aim that is largely irrelavant in soccer??
Club success is the only measure of a regions success or standard not county/league achievements??This is largely a GAA concept and has been mistakenly adopted by the powers that be in the Banner county.

I would add that the only real representative tournament competeing in is the Kennedy Cup because of its structure and the fact that it is under 13 and a shop window for our good players??

CousinSylDolan
21/02/2006, 10:49 AM
Would you not agree that winning the Oscar Traynor All-Ireland 2 years ago was a worthwhile effort from players,management and Clare Lg officals?????

Agreed they were 2 shocking results at the weekend but your reaction seems extreme!!!!

old boy
21/02/2006, 11:29 AM
Would you not agree that winning the Oscar Traynor All-Ireland 2 years ago was a worthwhile effort from players,management and Clare Lg officals?????

Agreed they were 2 shocking results at the weekend but your reaction seems extreme!!!!

it was a great achivement... but what has come out of it

was it even mentioned in newspapers ( outside of local press)

clare league standard has dropped in lasst 2 years

still our quality players depart our league for limerick

ask most youths / kids would they even know clare won oscar traynor 2 year ago.... they & most clubs players still class local league more important & would class fai juinor cup as the big trophy for clare league...

i personally think clare league should have put more input back in leagues after winning it ... sure we even have a county pitch which cannot be used for how long now ...
i still think clare should still enter competion every year.. it does give the players intrested in playing a chance to
maybee place a t a higher level :D :D

shelbourne1904
21/02/2006, 2:30 PM

I admired the achievement but tainted with the knowledge that most leagues dont take it seriously.
look at the results in the Youths last year and the miserable effort by the juniors also and the constant insults of players not bothering to show interest or not turning up.If it is not wanted by the best players why bother making fools of Clare football by getting terrible results with lesser players however well intentioned they are??
The reality is that we should be concentrating on improving club results in the Munster and FAI Cups not disrupting this developement.