PDA

View Full Version : Poor Season Ahead

finlma
20/02/2006, 3:30 PM
It doesn't look like its going to be a good season for us. I was speaking to JR and the financial situation ain't great either. They're not expecting to get any local lads into the squad so I can't see attendances changing much.

A face
20/02/2006, 4:42 PM
There is the bones of a supporters club starting though so things could be good on that front. Adrian Fitz hasn't kicked a ball yet either, he may have it all sorted, who know who is coming in.

finlma
20/02/2006, 4:46 PM
No mention of anyone coming in so far. Our own chairman isn't very optimistic so its hard for the supporters to be.

A face
20/02/2006, 5:08 PM
No mention of anyone coming in so far. Our own chairman isn't very optimistic so its hard for the supporters to be.

Being honest i didn't expect City to be up at the top of the table this year, but if they put in a good account of themselves then its job done imo.
If the supporters club gather some momentum, then that would be a big plus in my eyes aswell.

football legend
21/02/2006, 4:27 PM
Alright lads i think you's are dashing your chances before the season has started. In the sun last week you's where fourth favourite for the league. Even if the players brought in resemble a under 21s team there all great footballers with the likes of Darren O'Brien, Brian King and Hussain Yizdanni in the midfield and a defence with Liam Tiernan, Aaran Mooney, Sean Le Strange and Paul Malone unknown to you's but all have featured in the eircom league. I see it as a team to build on. They may lack experience but the talent makes up for just wait and see
;)

Magicme
23/02/2006, 12:50 PM
Is it true that Gavin Hughes has signed for ya? If so lock up ur daughters, wives, girlfriends, sheep......:D

drummerboy
23/02/2006, 1:11 PM
Brian King, isn't that Noel Kings son, was with Shels U-21 last year.

joema
23/02/2006, 4:10 PM
Brian King, isn't that Noel Kings son, was with Shels U-21 last year.

Thats the lad - is he any good?

joema
23/02/2006, 4:12 PM
Alright lads i think you's are dashing your chances before the season has started. In the sun last week you's where fourth favourite for the league. Even if the players brought in resemble a under 21s team there all great footballers with the likes of Darren O'Brien, Brian King and Hussain Yizdanni in the midfield and a defence with Liam Tiernan, Aaran Mooney, Sean Le Strange and Paul Malone unknown to you's but all have featured in the eircom league. I see it as a team to build on. They may lack experience but the talent makes up for just wait and see
;)

Jaysus FL you know more about the new signings than any of us City fans - can you give a bit more info about any of them??
Cheers

Gareth
24/02/2006, 9:28 AM
;)

Brian King has already been explained. Hussian Yazdani was with the Shelbourne u21s last season and played one or two matchs for the senior squad. Likewise Sean L'Estrange was a regular in a very good u21 team. I think that a city like Kilkenny despite the lean towards hurling should have the werewithall to muster at least a few people a game. Come on lads, if the club isn't doing it, then you need to start doing it yourselves. Never wait fro others to start the process.

A face
24/02/2006, 9:36 AM
Come on lads, if the club isn't doing it, then you need to start doing it yourselves. Never wait fro others to start the process.

Snap ... thats exactly what i would say, to any club.

Blue Man
27/02/2006, 2:21 PM
Eddie Smith, a striker has also joined on loan from Dublin City.Played two first team games last season.could cause problems with his pace and is a fairly decent finisher