Birmingham City vs Liverpool

Clifford
20/02/2006, 2:50 PM
Quarter Final Draw

Charlton vs Middlesbrough
Man City/Aston Villa vs West Ham/Bolton
Chelsea vs Newcastle Utd
Birmingham City vs Liverpool

The dates look funny for this, the games are on a Mon, Tue, Weds and Thurs in March or something, all on a different day, all on TV. Am I dreaming this or what?

KK77
20/02/2006, 3:09 PM
No midweek this season on account of the season finishing early to allow the national team a month to prepare for the World Cup Finals.

Jon'o
20/02/2006, 6:51 PM
The dates look funny for this, the games are on a Mon, Tue, Weds and Thurs in March or something, all on a different day, all on TV. Am I dreaming this or what?

Spot on, all to let the ingurland team get together a week early... though some of them seem hell bent on injuring them selfs so they can finish even earlyier

Bit weird having FA Cup games mid week, bet the tv companies are loving it

Superhoops
20/02/2006, 8:36 PM
They are also no replays. Extra time and penalties on the night if needed.

jockser
20/02/2006, 8:55 PM
jaysus!!

superfrank
20/02/2006, 8:58 PM
It'll be a tough game for us. I still can't get over last years defeat. Hopefully we'll finish with all 11 players this time!

Superhoops
21/02/2006, 7:17 PM
It'll be a tough game for us. I still can't get over last years defeat. Hopefully we'll finish with all 11 players this time!
Didn't see Bray W. in the draw!!!!

superfrank
21/02/2006, 8:05 PM
Didn't see Bray W. in the draw!!!!
I'm a Chelsea fan as well.

Superhoops
21/02/2006, 10:40 PM
I'm a Chelsea fan as well.
Only kidding!!!!

feo123
23/02/2006, 7:30 PM
good draw for liverpool IMO. game of the round probably chelsea-newcastle. but if Man. city play west ham, that could be better!

DmanDmythDledge
23/02/2006, 8:07 PM
Newcastle for the cup. They seem rejuvenated since Roeder and Shearer took over. If it wasn't for Souness they would be pushing for Europe.

feo123
23/02/2006, 10:05 PM
poor result last night though! heard they played well though.
think chelsea will be too strong as i think they will be out of Europe at the time and won't rest anyone like they did against colchester on sunday! 2-0 chelsea......

KK77
24/02/2006, 11:49 AM
They are also no replays. Extra time and penalties on the night if needed.

Think you'll find your wrong on that score replays are penciled in for April 12th well according to the FA!!!!!

Clifford
24/02/2006, 12:12 PM
Bizarre:

All four Sixth Round matches and the two replays in the Fifth Round will be broadcast live on television.

Manchester City will take on Aston Villa in the first replay on Tuesday 14 March, live on Sky Sports.

BBC will then show West Ham United's match against Bolton Wanderers on Wednesday 15 March. The winners of these ties will meet in the Sixth Round.

Their match will take place on Monday 20 March, live on BBC at 8.05pm.

Sky Sports will show Birmingham City's clash with Liverpool on Tuesday 21 March at 7.45pm. BBC will then show Chelsea v Newcastle on Wednesday 22 March at 8.05pm and Charlton v Middlesbrough on Thursday 23 March.

This season's Sixth Round matches are being played midweek following an agreement reached last season with the Premier League and Football League.

This is to enable England to have a four-week preparation window ahead of this summer's World Cup in line with other competing countries.

feo123
25/02/2006, 1:17 PM
gonna be weird with an fa cup tie on a monday and thursday!