PDA

View Full Version : Gunther mussen gehen! gunther must go!

rebel yell
21/06/2001, 8:17 PM
My mind has been made up by the negative comments on the site
as well as the fact that he plays more Golden Oldies than 96FM.
JFK used to say the best time to mend your roof was when the
sun was shining.Which it ain't exactly. So City should take action now, while it's only the first leg of the intertoto cup we're losing. He's brought us as far as he can! Axe Murphy now! Can someone start a poll? I know I could have egg on my face after Saturday in Latvia but I doubt it.

Neil
21/06/2001, 8:48 PM
Murphy is here for at least a season, whether we like it or not. For me, it was the worst possible appointment possible but I never really expected any different. He comes cheap, he gets on with the 'oul boyos', he is not the type of person who will stand up and demand changes. In other words, he is the perfect 'Yes man' that the board were looking for so that they can fleece us away for another season without anyone toppling their cart. This is why Mountfield was ousted, he held too much of a threat to the cronies. He was making too much changes.

An interesting comment was overheard in the Horeshoe before the Metalurgs game. Noel O'Mahoney (City director) was heard saying to a chum "Did ya see all them fools out there queuing for tickets?". This just sums up the arrogance of the board members. They feel they are untouchable in their little clique. And they are probably right, unless something drastic is done...

dahamsta
21/06/2001, 9:25 PM
Murphy is here for at least a season, whether we like it or not.

Ok, I know it's true, but it has to be said:

"Ha! That's what we thought about Mountie!" :)

adam

rebel yell
21/06/2001, 10:22 PM
y not start a poll then? Then we could guage the strength of feeling? Incidentally what's the most responses this site has had to a poll so far and what was the subject? Just curious!

dahamsta
21/06/2001, 11:44 PM
Incidentally what's the most responses this site has had to a poll so far and what was the subject? Just curious!

Galway United > where will galway most likely finish next season?

http://phootball.com/forums/poll.php?s=&action=showresults&pollid=7

21 votes, with the majority going for relegation. :)

adam

jbrazil
22/06/2001, 12:10 AM
what a fine poll that is!. surely a great hero one time long ago started that poll!!:D

Neil
22/06/2001, 12:13 AM
We're drifting from the point...

Murphy OUT!

A face
22/06/2001, 1:10 AM
harsh, we've already had more managers in the last twelve months than Italian presidents, and thats saying something.

rebel yell
22/06/2001, 6:24 PM
Listen face, I wanna tell u a story.The Cork Mafia are more ruthless than the Italian one,everybody knows that.

A face
22/06/2001, 6:57 PM
Yeah, they sure do it their own way, four of your limbs for an eye, and rest in exchange for the tooth. *shudder* It's a nasty business but someone has to do it.

rebel yell
22/06/2001, 11:31 PM
anyway, murphy out now!

a.n.other
23/06/2001, 3:22 AM
he seems to be doing alright to me , not a bad run of results at the end of last season
i thought the reason mountfield was axed was because he was a **** manager
What we need is someone to work alongside murphy someone with a bit more expertise in relating technical and tactical knowhow to the team, murphy must be retained for his motivational attributes and his man management skills. getting rid of greg was a mental decision though and odds are we'll re- sign him in a few years for more than he goes for.

4-5-1......
..........4-5-hartigan
...........4-5-none.:confused:

A face
23/06/2001, 12:29 PM
Greg last year and the papers and all that, didn't help his situation right now, he was seen to be acting up and generally being a spanner in the works, now maybe 'cos he did it under Mountie, doesn't mean he would do the same under Murphy, but it was a lack of dicipline that got him where he is now. But having said that ... i wouldn't see him as a lose cannon or anything. End of the day he did do a good job for City ... least we all forget, hopefully he will mature and cop on a bit, it can only help his situation, Bohs City or where ever he goes, it is a good player and the league needs that.

joe
24/06/2001, 2:59 PM
IMHO one of the reasons Mountfield was sacked was because the club were afraid they wouldn't get into Europe.

James
24/06/2001, 3:02 PM
yea bet they are delighted they qualifed now!:D
40K for the chartered plane and they lose both legs

Leonard
24/06/2001, 3:13 PM
If we didn't qualify, $hels would have won the league, and I would never have seen the sun rise at 3:30a.m. in Lithunania, which reminds me of a stroy......