PDA

View Full Version : Players dont want keane back - end of story

finn
28/05/2002, 5:23 AM
in a statement the players have stated that apology or not they dont want kean back as he was a disruptive influence on the squad!

put that in ur pipe and smoke it bertie!!!

carlsberg dont make sensible people, but if they did they would make the 22 most sensible people in the world!!!

pete

patsh
28/05/2002, 8:34 AM
Originally posted by finn
in a statement the players have stated that apology or not they dont want kean back as he was a disruptive influence on the squad!

put that in ur pipe and smoke it bertie!!!

carlsberg dont make sensible people, but if they did they would make the 22 most sensible people in the world!!!

pete
These would be the same 22 players who lost their tongues in the team meeting last Thursday, isn't it?

Well its nice to know we have 22 sensible people playing at the World Cup. Of course it would be better if we had 22 decent soccer players who wanted to win the thing....

Neil
28/05/2002, 9:52 AM
I don't want the bastrad back either.

pete
28/05/2002, 10:26 AM
No matter what Roy Keane said last night he wasn't going to rejoin the squad.

We are getting media spin from all sides so no way to know what really happened.

2 weeks ago the whole country was in awe of players such as Quinn & Staunton as decent people - something serious must have happened for them to abandon Keane overnight like they did?

Keane & McCarthy have both acted like children in the way they couldn't settle a basic dispute. I have little respect left for either of them.

:(

Éanna
29/05/2002, 2:26 PM
Originally posted by oddboy

These would be the same 22 players who lost their tongues in the team meeting last Thursday, isn't it?

Well its nice to know we have 22 sensible people playing at the World Cup. Of course it would be better if we had 22 decent soccer players who wanted to win the thing....
oh for fcuks sake give it up! Ever hear of democracy?! Well when 22 people are saying 1 thing and 1 is saying different, the 22 win-end of story.

patsh
29/05/2002, 3:29 PM
Originally posted by Éanna

oh for fcuks sake give it up! Ever hear of democracy?! Well when 22 people are saying 1 thing and 1 is saying different, the 22 win-end of story.
Thats really rich coming from the man who continuosly rants about people exercising their democratic right to have a different opinion to you.
Treason, nacker, plonker etc.etc. all good democratic names.
And of course you know for a fact that the other 22 had exactly the same point of view.

The Legend
29/05/2002, 10:16 PM
Here's the scenario as i speculate:

Older players and donkey's thinking (like Staunton and Alan Kelly):

"F**k i am standing up for Mick here, out of thanks for the fact he picked a donkey like me and gave me a holiday .. i dont give a f**k whats best for ireland"

Younger good players (like Duff and Robbie Keane) thinking:

"Oh no, Roy is going to be gone, please somebody stop this. I can't say anything, they might send me home too".

Thats what i think happened anyway....

Éanna
31/05/2002, 2:45 PM
Originally posted by oddboy
Thats really rich coming from the man who continuosly rants about people exercising their democratic right to have a different opinion to you.
Right. You go thru every thread on this forum and find ONE example of me saying that someone was NOT entitled to their own opinion? ................... what will you come up with? DIDDLY SQUAT.
I haven't heard any other player disagree with Mick's decision, I have heard several affirm their support for him though. Remember the decision to send roy home was put to the players and passed unanimously- end of story. Ok, maybe I shouldn't have called Keane a plonker, but I am so angry at the way he has behaved that I did- last time I checked, treason was not an insult, but a crime.

If you had the wit to study Roy Keane's comments and those of the other parties with the same degree of concentration that you do my posts you might actually wake up and smell the coffee oddboy.

James
01/06/2002, 12:35 PM

Right. You go thru every thread on this forum and find ONE example of me saying that someone was NOT entitled to their own opinion? ................... what will you come up with? DIDDLY SQUAT.

LOL :D

I haven't heard any other player disagree with Mick's decision, I have heard several affirm their support for him though.

LOL :D
you in personal contact with the players eanna...course they aint gona back keane over mccarthy in public..cause they'd get sent home also

Ok, maybe I shouldn't have called Keane a plonker, but I am so angry at the way he has behaved that I did- last time I checked, treason was not an insult, but a crime.

LOL

If you had the wit to study Roy Keane's comments and those of the other parties with the same degree of concentration that you do my posts you might actually wake up and smell the coffee oddboy.

LOL
unbeleivable !!

*wonders if this thread should go to the humour section or just move eanna there instead.. hmm time for a new poll methinks :)

Neil
01/06/2002, 6:13 PM
Spot on Eanna. **** the blinkered Dunphy followers.

Gary
02/06/2002, 6:50 PM
James, I know we are friends and all, but in fairness, If everybody else puicked your comments apart like you do to others, you would probably stand at the window for an hour whinging. Get a grip man.

:p :D :p