PDA

View Full Version : Both Pats inc St Francis and $hels To Be Named Champions !!!

James
27/05/2002, 11:16 AM
unbeleivable if this is true from the sun

a report in todays sun (page 45) claims negotiations are nearing conclusion about a historic deal that will see st pats and shelbourne BOTH crowned champions!!!!!

the deal is the brainchild of derrys jim roddy would see shelborne crowned "eircom league champions" and st pats crowned "champions of ireland" with both sets of players receiving medals, and wait for it,st pats to get compensation from the fai for missing out on the champions league!!!!!!

unfcukingbeleivable this crowd of fai ****ers

Éanna
27/05/2002, 11:44 AM
this is unreal. the FAI must be drinking a bit too much sake on their latest junket

Jaime
27/05/2002, 1:16 PM
I think I heard it was the "brainchild" of Jim Roddy. Anyway, its farcical, but I can honestly see both teams going for it, Pats getting compo and all that. Only in the eL

pete
27/05/2002, 1:43 PM
Hands up whose surprised?

Would somebody make a decision! Either the rules atnd & shels champs or the rules don't stand & Pats champs.

Its there a uefa deadline this week for submitting the teams for the club competitions?

A face
27/05/2002, 2:04 PM
Going to finish up kinda crappy anyway but now they have ensured that when you look back in ten years time on the previous champions, this whole thing will stick out like a sore thumb, fcukin' b@stards, the FAI ...... you couldn't bring them to the shop 'cos they'd only embarrass ya !! incompetent bungling pr!cks. How long more do we have to tolerate this stuff going on. What will it be next year ....... We all suffer this kinda crap and the FAI get away with it scott free everytime, no wonder it keeps happening.

eoinh
27/05/2002, 2:16 PM
the deadline for the inter-toto cup was passed. who was nominated for that?

if this plan goes ahead. there would be three champions in ireland. the league of ireland champions, the irish league champions and the new makey uppy champions of ireland.

only the fai could do this

James
27/05/2002, 2:33 PM
well rovers got the inter tayto cup either way

but aint the IFA in charge of the football in the north not the FAI

i mean in all fairness to the FAI they have enough to be worrying about what with screwing up the national league and the national team to go looking for extra leagues to screw up..

lets be realistic here, these fai guys are busy men.. what with jet setting first class to games here and there..

eoinh
27/05/2002, 2:44 PM
rovers are in the uefa cup. if things stand pats go into the inter-toto. if pats were allowed to keep all their points they would go into the champions league. i knoe the ifa run the irish league but i was just pointing out that on a small island like ours we could have 3 "champions"- madness. :p

James
27/05/2002, 2:46 PM
well ok going on your island thing
the UK excluding Northern Ireland ( again 1 island !!! ) has 3 champions... whats your point!!!!

we have 2 leagues on this island ... the only thing weird is that there is 2 supposed champions of the eircom league

*fair nuff bout rovers thing.. i kinda lost track of who got what in all this mess

Colm
27/05/2002, 3:00 PM
In all fairness this sounds like the biggest joke I ever heard. There is no way that there has ever been 2 champions of the one league. It just doesnt make sense it has never and will never happen at any level of the game, amatuer, professional, semi-pro, schoolboy, over 35,s or whatever. Only in the el could something like this happen. If there are two champions the whole principle behind the concept of a league goes straight out the window. The FAI are showing, yet again, what a badly run and out of touch organisation they are.

eoinh
27/05/2002, 3:05 PM
Originally posted by James
well ok going on your island thing
the UK excluding Northern Ireland ( again 1 island !!! ) has 3 champions... whats your point!!!!

we have 2 leagues on this island ... the only thing weird is that there is 2 supposed champions of the eircom league

*fair nuff bout rovers thing.. i kinda lost track of who got what in all this mess

im not really arguing with you about the foolishness of the situation, just saying that on an island with 5 million people that we could have 3 "champions" is plainly silly. one island......oneleague. britain is much bigger and has close to 60 million people.

joe
28/05/2002, 2:51 PM
I wonder if the current travails in the Far East are just the FAI trying to deflect attention away from their failings at home :D

A face
28/05/2002, 2:57 PM
Originally posted by joe
I wonder if the current travails in the Far East are just the FAI trying to deflect attention away from their failings at home :D

Maybe so ......... But come July, i am sure they will make up for lost ground. That is one of the few places they are consistent,

"In a world gone mad .... The FAI are really crap"

pete
28/05/2002, 3:38 PM
FAI - Football Amateurs of Ireland.

:rolleyes:

Éanna
29/05/2002, 2:35 PM
Originally posted by A face
Going to finish up kinda crappy anyway but now they have ensured that when you look back in ten years time on the previous champions, this whole thing will stick out like a sore thumb, fcukin' b@stards, the FAI ...... you couldn't bring them to the shop 'cos they'd only embarrass ya !! incompetent bungling pr!cks. How long more do we have to tolerate this stuff going on. What will it be next year ....... We all suffer this kinda crap and the FAI get away with it scott free everytime, no wonder it keeps happening.
I don't think even Michael Hyland could argue with any of that!