PDA

View Full Version : Carlsberg don't do...

A face
16/02/2006, 12:54 AM
This is pure gold !! (http://i36.photobucket.com/albums/e24/123Mister/Carlsberg.jpg) :p

Peadar
16/02/2006, 9:31 AM
That is seriously unfunny.
I'm not taking the moral high ground here, it's just not funny!

max power
16/02/2006, 9:37 AM
This is pure gold !! (http://i36.photobucket.com/albums/e24/123Mister/Carlsberg.jpg) :p

as i mod etc i feel you have made a serious mistake posting that, others would be banned.

klein4
16/02/2006, 9:55 AM
what was it???????
(doesnt sound like the sort a thing I can access thru work)

Peadar
16/02/2006, 10:00 AM
what was it???????
(doesnt sound like the sort a thing I can access thru work)

Just a stupid variation of the Carlsberg don't do shíte but if they did, it would be the best shíte, thing with one of the cartoons published in the Danish press recently.

joeSoap
16/02/2006, 10:05 AM
Pretty poor really....not in very good taste.

CollegeTillIDie
16/02/2006, 10:09 AM
Well yes but this where the Danish Cartoon fell down
Not particularly funny.

1)Ayatollah Khomeini with a cartoon bomb for head attire ... funny
2)Osama Bin Laden ditto

3)Mohammed... gratuitously offensive!

1 & 2 make the point more effectively too!

Human figures are fair game.... deities or their prophets... offensive!

Rover 2 U
16/02/2006, 11:23 AM
dont take life too seriously lads. cartoons with images of jesus, god etc have been doing the rounds for years but because it is mohammed we have to view it differently because of the fundamentalist followers? i dont think so! remember the hammerite ad with jesus being stuck to the cross, with the caption of "no more nails" under the image? where was the public outcry then?
besides, what about the freedom of speech aspect? it's a joke, see it as such, even laugh if you want to, but dont pretend to be offended just because some muslims dont understand western humour.

max power
16/02/2006, 11:36 AM
rover to u.......paddy power ad of last supper.....

John83
16/02/2006, 2:02 PM
rover to u.......paddy power ad of last supper.....
Small.......reaction......overblown......openly... ...derided.....by.....many

max power
16/02/2006, 2:09 PM
indeed and paddy power knew this before they brought it out, they knew they would get more publicity by having to take down the ad then leaving it up, PC gone wrong is the saying that comes to mind.

but i don't think much for the carlsberg ad myself and as i said if it was a normal member of this board they would prob be banned.

Rover 2 U
16/02/2006, 2:29 PM
if it was a normal member of this board they would prob be banned.

well we should thank God that we don't live in a max power ruled society so. :rolleyes:

max power
16/02/2006, 2:40 PM
come on, your telling me "certain" members dont get special treatment around here.......

A face
16/02/2006, 2:42 PM
I couldn't give a toss if it stays or not, i actually find it funny and said i'd share it to see if others find it funny. If the majority dont like it then i'll sling it .... no worries ... What'll do ??

Anto McC
16/02/2006, 3:46 PM
:D i think its hillarious myself :D

dfx-
16/02/2006, 3:53 PM
i think its hillarious myself

:cool:

anto1208
16/02/2006, 4:19 PM
Well yes but this where the Danish Cartoon fell down
Not particularly funny.

1)Ayatollah Khomeini with a cartoon bomb for head attire ... funny
2)Osama Bin Laden ditto

3)Mohammed... gratuitously offensive!

1 & 2 make the point more effectively too!

Human figures are fair game.... deities or their prophets... offensive!

mohammed is a human , a prophet is a human sent by god , the musilims belive jesus was also a prophet , they dont belive he is the son of god as christians do but that he is a very important prophet .

i didnt find it funny not because it is offensive but because that carlsberg thing has been done to death .

this is the last funny carlsberg dont do... one ive seen click the link and scroll down to number 163 http://www.bluekipper.com/blue_blubber/blue_blubber5.htm

paul_oshea
16/02/2006, 4:21 PM
lads wont get into it too much here, but islam is the most hypocritical religion of all.

just one thing i would like to say however, jordanian newspapers ( one of the most moderate islamic countries btw ) has been printing pictures of jews, benjamin nethanyahu etc etc, and hacidic slander for years, yet when its on the other foot....and dont give me the "living" person is fine, but not an "iconic" figure.

jorge
16/02/2006, 7:26 PM
I found it very funny actually.:D :D :D
moaners

anto eile
16/02/2006, 7:29 PM
its mildly amusing. but the fact it might be insulting against a religion (could be christianity for all i care) makes it even more funny.
i dont see why insulting religion should be a "no no".
all religion is bull
most muslims are highly strung loonies and deserve to have the complete pi$$ ripped out of them.
99% of muslim countries are sh!t. i would hate to live in saudi arabia, egypt, jordan etc
so what if its offensive? just because something is offensive doesnt mean its not true
ALLAH hu AKBAR!!!!!

anto eile
16/02/2006, 7:33 PM
btw number 162 is funny as well

Dodge
16/02/2006, 7:43 PM
Crap ad... Offensive to everybody with a hint of a decent sense of humour

dfx-
16/02/2006, 8:19 PM
Offensive to everybody with a hint of a decent sense of humour

*lets out a very very deep sigh and shakes his head*

The above is only indicative of a very poor outlook ahead for the world, I suppose:(

Dodge
16/02/2006, 11:38 PM
How so?

CollegeTillIDie
17/02/2006, 9:26 AM
All religion is bull is your opinion anto eile!

Opinions are like arseholes . We all have them :D

Peadar
17/02/2006, 9:29 AM
The above is only indicative of a very poor outlook ahead for the world, I suppose:(

It certainly is if that's the best we can come up with where humour is concerned. There's nothing original or funny about it, in my opinion.

paul_oshea
17/02/2006, 9:41 AM
can you watch it at work.

i havent looked at it.

CollegeTill I die, just to finish off your point, very well put by the way. its your opinion anto eile and everyone has one, everyone is entitled to one, and everyone should respect it, so if muslims beleive what they beleive you should respect that, whether or not you agree with it.

the one part that i dont like and hate is the hypocrisy, they (yes the muslims ) can do it about others religions but when its on the other foot it is not seen the same way at all at all, and dont give me its only a small number, its like the english travelling fans that cause trouble, everyone says its a minority there is still enough of them doing it over and over again.

Dodge
17/02/2006, 10:43 AM
It certainly is if that's the best we can come up with where humour is concerned. There's nothing original or funny about it, in my opinion.
Thats my point. Didn't comment on the tone/message of the joke. Just thought it was crap...

Raheny Red
17/02/2006, 11:18 AM
I had a little chuckle, but it ain't pants wetting stuff, now is it??? :rolleyes:

anto eile
17/02/2006, 7:46 PM
can you watch it at work.

i havent looked at it.

CollegeTill I die, just to finish off your point, very well put by the way. its your opinion anto eile and everyone has one, everyone is entitled to one, and everyone should respect it, so if muslims beleive what they beleive you should respect that, whether or not you agree with it.

the one part that i dont like and hate is the hypocrisy, they (yes the muslims ) can do it about others religions but when its on the other foot it is not seen the same way at all at all, and dont give me its only a small number, its like the english travelling fans that cause trouble, everyone says its a minority there is still enough of them doing it over and over again.
shold we repect the loonies in the taliban? should we respect the weirdos in the raelian movement?lets be honest. no we shouldnt. so i dont see why any religion should be tolerated.

anyway if youre so sure about your religion why would you lose the head if someone insults it?should you not be 100% confident (even smug) in the knowledge that a higher power will exact punishment on your behalf, rather than doing it yourself, ie run round rioting at cartoons?

sligoman
18/02/2006, 12:04 AM
Nothing wrong with it in my opinion. It's not hilarious but I don't think it should be deleted either.