PDA

View Full Version : Help! Tickets online now

seand
15/02/2006, 10:27 AM
Hi, I'm applying for tickets and have got to a screeen with this message....

-----------------------
Dear football fan,

You are in the waiting area at the 2006 FIFA World Cup Germany™ ticket shop.
To improve the speed and ease of use of the service, we have imposed a limit on the number of visitors able to use the ticket shop simultaneously.

Access to the following pages may involve long waiting times at peak periods. We recommend returning and trying again later.
-----------------------

Does anyone know if I should just sit and wait, refresh frequently, or go back and try again later?

beautifulrock
15/02/2006, 10:30 AM
now up and running, get on NOW if you want tickets. Not much left to be honest but if you are not fussy, you will get some

teckno
15/02/2006, 10:34 AM
I am in but when i press continue with order it comes up ERROR!!!!!!!!!!

NY Hoop
15/02/2006, 10:36 AM
What's the link lads?

Thanks

KOH

teckno
15/02/2006, 10:39 AM
http://tickets.fifaworldcup.com/cgi-bin/ds_wme?fun=pksbyeventreihe&doc=ds_einzel1&id=WME_NO_SESSION&affiliate=wme&key=0

seand
15/02/2006, 10:40 AM
NY Hoop, go to the official website... tickets.... ticket shop (on the left)

meantime, my waiting message has changed.........
---------------------
Dear football fan,

You are in waiting area at the 2006 FIFA World Cup Germany™ ticket shop.
To improve the speed and ease of use of the service, we have imposed a limit on the number of visitors able to use the ticket shop simultaneously.
At regular intervals, you can make a fresh attempt to be re-directed. After the countdown (displayed below) has completely finished, a button labelled "Next Try" appears. Clicking this button improves your chances of progressing from here.

Once you have been redirected, you will not be directed into the waiting room again. Access to the following pages may involve long waiting times at peak periods. We recommend returning and trying again later.

Please be patient!
Do not click your browser's refresh button, as this causes the countdown to reset, decreasing the likelihood you will be redirected!

To try again, please use the button below which becomes active regularly after a short waiting period.
----------------------

Bluebeard
15/02/2006, 10:42 AM
Getting the damnable "Error" thing as well.

Aaaaaaaaaargghhhh

In touching distance of tickets to Australia v Brazil!!!

seand
15/02/2006, 11:29 AM
still waiting,,, anyone getting anywhere?

soylent green
15/02/2006, 11:39 AM
Still error's for me.

soylent green
15/02/2006, 1:07 PM
As of 14:00 all the tickets seem sold.

They mention on the website more being put on up until April 15th...

gspain
15/02/2006, 1:25 PM
Worth checking back every few hours.

This happened on the May Bank Holiday last year when phase 2 opened. First hour madness, couldn't get tickets.

3-4 hours later all the tickets that people had grabbed but couldn't complete the transactions were freed up and you had a couple of hours to get tickets.

seand
15/02/2006, 1:32 PM
Cheers for the tip Gary, now I better go and squeeze the work I should've been doing for the last 3 hours into 1 hour!

teckno
15/02/2006, 3:05 PM
what a farce that was. I was in the ticket shop for an hours and a half. All i kep getting was error ,error every time. Came back to it at 3.00 and not a ticket there.
Anybody explain how tickets i applied for last time and did not get were there now this morning as limited availability?

beautifulrock
15/02/2006, 3:33 PM
Not sure about how well checking back will work, its a sea of sold out from match 1 to final at the moment.

Although it seems like quite a few of us spent some time trying to get tickets it looks like no one had any luck?

gspain
15/02/2006, 4:16 PM
what a farce that was. I was in the ticket shop for an hours and a half. All i kep getting was error ,error every time. Came back to it at 3.00 and not a ticket there.
Anybody explain how tickets i applied for last time and did not get were there now this morning as limited availability?

The systems are clearly not able to cope with the demand.

There are tickets available now because of returns from national associations and more restricted view seats becoming available.

No idea how "restricted" the view will be. I hope it is just dugouts or cameras obscuring a small part of the pitch.

teckno
15/02/2006, 6:26 PM
Beautiful South. All tickets just because they are in the red at the moment doesn't mean they are all sold out as far as I know.

It means that they are not currently available, which means that people have booked them etc, but when bank transfers, and credit cards etc fail and more returns from the associations come in etc, they will be put back on the website. Said as much on the ticket shop website that there will be as more there towards april

oconghc2
16/02/2006, 3:39 PM
theres a few up now - obstructed view - first game was yellow and just as i order it goes back to red!

soylent green
16/02/2006, 4:03 PM
theres a few up now - obstructed view - first game was yellow and just as i order it goes back to red!

Thanks for the notice oconghc2. I was able to get 4 tickets (Cat 1 obstructed view for €60 each) for Saudi Arabia v Ukraine in Hamburg. Looking forward to seeing Shevchenko knock about 4 past those Saudi's

Bluebeard
16/02/2006, 4:13 PM
Bugger. All gone again. What matches were up other than Saudis vs. Shevchenko?

soylent green
16/02/2006, 4:15 PM
18: Ecuador - Costa Rica
Hamburg

Obstructed Cat 1 tickets

teckno
16/02/2006, 6:24 PM
I just went in by chance saw a few of them were yellow. went to get 2 tickets for Togo and france, as i was processing it, it went red!!!

Keep checking 2-3 times a day, they will keep changing

teckno
16/02/2006, 6:26 PM
ecuador v costa rica is up right now category 2!!!!!!!!!!

seand
17/02/2006, 1:11 PM
A small number of tickets are popping up all the time... I haven't been lucky yet... keep checking back

beautifulrock
17/02/2006, 1:17 PM
Yes tickets for Ukraine v Angola in Berlin available,

soylent green
17/02/2006, 2:14 PM
Paraguay - Trinidad and Tobago
Kaiserslautern

Iran - Angola
Leipzig

Ukraine - Tunisia
Berlin

Yellow_Bentine
17/02/2006, 4:02 PM
Tickets have been popping up fairly randomly over the last few days. Generally they are only available for the less glamorous fixtures, but occasionally Holland v Ivory Coast appears. Got 2 for Costa Rica v Ecuador, €60, Category 1, Obstructed View. Happy I got them but would've preferred the Dutch game. Can't complain though.

Might be an idea for people to bump this topic when they see tickets becoming available, so as to give other Foot.iers the chance to apply?

deadman
09/03/2006, 1:32 PM
i've been checking the fifa site on a daily basis since latest round of ticketing opened and have yet to see any available tickets

and in the last few weeks i haven't even heard of tickets becoming available

is there any signs of life out there????

Junior
15/03/2006, 1:14 PM
me too....nothing!!!

deadman
16/03/2006, 12:42 AM
better news from UEFA

got two tickets to Champions League final, category 2 tickets, from their online ballot

although not 100% sure if i will be able to use them