PDA

View Full Version : Roy Keane Poll......Red FM

Colm
26/05/2002, 3:37 PM
Following the level of response (over 7000 texts) to Thursday nights poll (was Mick right to send Roy packing?) on Cork Talks Back.Charlie Wolf is running another poll, this time the question is:

Has Roy Keane brought shame on the city of Cork?
Send your replies with just the word "yes" or "no" to 086 82REDFM.
Charlie will announce the result on Sunday nights show.

patsh
27/05/2002, 9:26 AM
Who is the moron who comes up with this sh*t......

A face
27/05/2002, 2:21 PM
http://www.petitiononline.com/keane/

Honker the big nose Brit who never got us to a competition and will mess this one up for us. !!

Colm
27/05/2002, 2:35 PM
Originally posted by oddboy
Who is the moron who comes up with this sh*t...... I think he goes by the name of Charlie Wolf :D

Colm
27/05/2002, 2:36 PM
Ok, the results were:
No- 79%
Yes- 21%

The Echo held one of these polls aswell the other day and 89% of their readers backed Roy.

pete
27/05/2002, 2:40 PM
Originally posted by COLM
The Echo held one of these polls aswell the other day and 89% of their readers backed Roy.

That probably means 89% of people are ManU(re) fans?

;)

James
27/05/2002, 2:43 PM
no it doesnt pete it means that 89% of people disagree that

"was Mick right to send Roy packing"

ok its that simple.. no man ure conspiricies here

patsh
27/05/2002, 2:54 PM
I must say that I do not understand this attitude that you are either for Roy or against him.
There is blame on all 3 sides in this whole mess, but surely now the thing to do is to see if we can still get our best team out on that pitch next Saturday. Keane, it is claimed, is going to appeal to be let back into the squad on TV tonight,
but McCarthy has already come out and said that some members of the squad will walk if Roy comes back.
If these unamed players are really there, that attitude is as bad as anything that RK is accused of. For f*cks sake, take the olive branch and get out there and stuff the Cameroon.

brine2
27/05/2002, 2:57 PM
If Quinn, Staunton and Alan Kelly walk then good riddance to them. We've no need for any of them.

Colm
27/05/2002, 3:06 PM
I must say that I do not understand this attitude that you are either for Roy or against him.
There is blame on all 3 sides in this whole mess, but surely now the thing to do is to see if we can still get our best team out on that pitch next Saturday. Keane, it is claimed, is going to appeal to be let back into the squad on TV tonight,
but McCarthy has already come out and said that some members of the squad will walk if Roy comes back.
If these unamed players are really there, that attitude is as bad as anything that RK is accused of. For f*cks sake, take the olive branch and get out there and stuff the Cameroon. Good point. There is clearly blame on the parts of Mick, Roy AND the FAI. Both sides need to comprimise for the greater good of Irish football. Personally, I dont think any other players will walk as they all want to play in the world cup too much.

James
27/05/2002, 3:18 PM
Originally posted by COLM
Personally, I dont think any other players will walk as they all want to play in the world cup too much.

personally i dont think any of the other players will walk because they are having too much fun in the fantastic hotel, and sure wouldnt they miss the next BBQ and **** up with the press

synical me .. NEVER

patsh
27/05/2002, 3:22 PM
Remind me of the contribution Alan Kelly has made to this WC campaign. In my memory, that contribution has been to carry the goals on to the training pitch. Very important I know, but it hardly compares to the contribution of Keane.

Mod editing post accidently :(

brine2
27/05/2002, 3:32 PM
Nicky Colgan should be in there ahead of him.

pete
27/05/2002, 4:18 PM
Feck meant to quote you there oddboy, not edit your post.

:(

Innocent (but stupid) mistake - i'm not censoring you.

I may be incorrect (can't be bothered checking) but didn't Alan Kelly play in goals for those first two qualifying games away to Holland & Portugal.

patsh
28/05/2002, 8:36 AM
Originally posted by pete
Feck meant to quote you there oddboy, not edit your post.
:(
Innocent (but stupid) mistake - i'm not censoring you.

I think you should be hauled up before a meeting of all the members of this forum and made to grovel before me...... ;)

pete
28/05/2002, 10:17 AM
I think you should be hauled up before a meeting of all the members of this forum and made to grovel before me...... ;)

One corkman has already been setup & i'm not making the ssme mistake you english ***t.

;)

patsh
28/05/2002, 10:34 AM
Originally posted by pete
you english ***t. ;)

Ah so someone did actually use those words. ..... :p

Neil
28/05/2002, 10:38 AM
Remind me of the contribution Alan Kelly has made to this WC campaign.

It's a team/squad game. No one player is bigger than the nation. Not even Prima Donna Keane.

Hang your head Roy.

patsh
28/05/2002, 10:52 AM
Originally posted by Neil
It's a team/squad game. No one player is bigger than the nation. Not even Prima Donna Keane.
Hang your head Roy.
Why should I hang my head?

dahamsta
28/05/2002, 11:05 AM
Why should I hang my head?

Hi Roy!

adam

patsh
28/05/2002, 11:07 AM
Back at yah, Mick !

Éanna
29/05/2002, 2:32 PM
Originally posted by brine2
If Quinn, Staunton and Alan Kelly walk then good riddance to them. We've no need for any of them.
How stupid are you Keanites?! Sure fcuk it, who needs maccarthy or any other member of the squad- roys so great he can win the world cup on his own. :mad: Thats what we'll do, withdraw the other 22 players and let roy compete on his own, cos hes so great he'd do better than the rest of them put together :rolleyes:

will ye open yer fcukin eyes :mad:

patsh
29/05/2002, 2:59 PM
Originally posted by Éanna

How stupid are you Keanites?!
will ye open yer fcukin eyes :mad:

Easy on, Eanna. There wrongs and rights on both sides. Just because I, for instance, felt RK was more sinned against than sinning does not make me a f*king ejit, blind or stupid. You had your take on the mess, others had there own.
It's over, lets get on with it.

Gary
29/05/2002, 3:04 PM
I have lost an awfúl lot of respect for people during this whole debacle. People who I thought were intelligent, who knew a bit about football. Im sorry to say that you people who continue to back Keane are unintelligent fcukwits who refuse to take their blinkers off. What you people fail to realise is that football is a team game. Roy Keane did not singlehandedly qualify Ireland for the finals. As far as I can remember there where 11 men at the start of each game, I stand to be corrrected, but was that not the case????

And answer this honestly now boys, if Staunton, Duff or Robbie Keane did this, would you all jump to their rescues? Like fcuk you would. And if you muppets feel so strongly well dont bother watching the world cup. If you muppets feel so strongly then I seriously question your loyalty to YOUR country and fcuk off and support Man Utd, where idiots like all of you are appreciated and respected.

Im an IRELAND supporter, not a player supporter, and if any of you cannot respect that, well you can all get............................................... .............................. :mad:

patsh
29/05/2002, 3:20 PM
Originally posted by GWA ]
I have lost an awfúl lot of respect for people during this whole debacle. People who I thought were intelligent, who knew a bit about football. Im sorry to say that you people who continue to back Keane are unintelligent fcukwits who refuse to take their blinkers off.
I am not blinkered, a fcukwit or unintelligent. I have a different point of view to you, thats all. This is a democracy, learn to live in it.
What you people fail to realise is that football is a team game. Roy Keane did not singlehandedly qualify Ireland for the finals. As far as I can remember there where 11 men at the start of each game, I stand to be corrrected, but was that not the case????
Looking on at many a match on a cold/wet or sunny terrace, I have noticed more than one person on each side. Again, this may surprise someone who thinks I m a fcukwit, but there you go....

And answer this honestly now boys, if Staunton, Duff or Robbie Keane did this, would you all jump to their rescues? Like fcuk you would.
If ANY of the 23 players out there, even Lee Carsley, was as badly treated as I feel Keane was, I would be just as outraged.

And if you muppets feel so strongly well dont bother watching the world cup. If you muppets feel so strongly then I seriously question your loyalty to YOUR country and fcuk off and support Man Utd, where idiots like all of you are appreciated and respected.
I have no feelings one way or the other about Man Utd. That club is completely irrelevant to me. I am an Irishman, proud to be so, and object when ignorant, baseless rants such as yours are flung at me.

Im an IRELAND supporter, not a player supporter, and if any of you cannot respect that, well you can all get............................................... .............................. :mad:

Respect? Do you know what that word means?
I'd say no, just reading the drivel you have posted.....

There are 2 sides to EVERY story. Learn this fact and keep it with you as it may help you in the years ahead.... :(

Gary
30/05/2002, 1:45 PM

[There are 2 sides to EVERY story. Learn this fact and keep it with you as it may help you in the years ahead.... :(

unlike you oddboy I have loked at both sides of the story. Im not blinded by some sort of loyalty to some prima donna moron. Yes, both parties could have handled the affair better, but whats done is done, and there is a small matter of a game against Cameroon on Saturday.

Cmon Ireland, show all these doubters that we are not a one man team.

patsh
30/05/2002, 2:02 PM
Originally posted by GWA
unlike you oddboy I have loked at both sides of the story.
Yet another stupid comment. You know nothing at all about me, yet you seem to think yourself qualified to tell me about myself.

Im not blinded by some sort of loyalty to some prima donna moron.
Again, you are under the impression that a point of view that is not yours is due only to blindness and misplaced loyalty.
It does it not occur to you that somebody can arrive at their own conclusions all on their own. Your apparent lack of understanding of this, calls into question your own method of arriving your conclusions.

I will not comment again on this to you so please enjoy the WC, and have a happy life out there in the fields with your fellow rams and ewes...... ;)

Gary
31/05/2002, 2:11 PM
I was just about to take your comments seriously there oddboy, but you ruined it by insulting.

And I promise I will not comment on the whole affair anymore. I cant believe I have wasted so much time complaining about the whole thing, because at this point I just find it BORING!

So lets kiss and make up Oddboy.

:D