PDA

View Full Version : Saddam on hunger strike

Risteard
14/02/2006, 12:45 PM
http://news.google.ie/news?hl=en&ned=en_ie&ie=UTF-8&q=hunger+strike+saddam&scoring=d
Very stupid behaviour and seems like he's real desperate at his stage.

What happened to the statesman-like image a while back when he was going to defend himself?
He even had a bit of legitimacy in questioning the jurisdiction of the court but giving out about guards touching him and the like is really stupid.

This is starting out as a protest but i wouldn't be surprised if it went all the way.
He seems to have completely lost it and is likely to see his greatest legacy as that of a martyr with a death like this rather than being politically dissected in the court and having war crimes exposed.

Block G Raptor
14/02/2006, 4:46 PM
On Hunger strike or have the yanks just stopped feeding him ??

Hither green
14/02/2006, 5:15 PM
This is starting out as a protest but i wouldn't be surprised if it went all the way. He seems to have completely lost it and is likely to see his greatest legacy as that of a martyr with a death like this rather than being politically dissected in the court and having war crimes exposed.

I'd be very surprised if he went all the way, I think he loves himself too much to put himself through that, he probably just skipped breakfast. If he wanted to be a martyr he'd have taken the Hitler way out long before they found him down a hole. He certainly comes across as desperate in trying absolutely every ploy but I agree with you that he seems to have completely lost it.