PDA

View Full Version : Galway v Cork

Conor H
14/02/2006, 9:00 AM
Galway United take on eircom League Champions Cork City tonight in Terryland Pk with a KO of 7.30pm. Billy Clery and Mixie Harty are likely to miss out through injury, while Alan Murphy is unavailable. Admissions prices are the same as last season and school children (u12) accompanied by an adult go free. Season tickets were sent out last week and anybody who has not received their ticket should contact the Galway United office during office hours @091 767336. If you purchased your ticket before 21 Dec 2005 then you will have received a voucher for a free Galway United baseball hat which can now be collected in the club shop during any home match.

From www.galwayunitedfc.ie

Peadar
14/02/2006, 11:16 AM
Anyone bold enough to make a prediction?

Eire06
14/02/2006, 11:18 AM
2-1 To Galway :D

Terry
14/02/2006, 11:23 AM
Anyone bold enough to make a prediction?

it will finish around 9.15:o

2-0 cork

Conor H
14/02/2006, 11:55 AM
2-1 Cork.

Patrick Dunne
14/02/2006, 11:56 AM
1-1 United.

Peadar
14/02/2006, 1:30 PM
1-1 United.

Classic! :D
Moral victory is it? :p

Red4Eva
14/02/2006, 1:59 PM
5-0 to cork if they play full team

Risteard
14/02/2006, 2:12 PM
I reckon it'll be close enough to full team but with Connell definitely starting, maybe Bakic. These are the only two who might have a chance at the first team so he'll want to see them in action with the lads. + Sporadic first team member or two missing for reasons of lurve. (i also predict the ugliest attendance on record)
Something like this. (the team, not the fans)
Devine
Lordan Murray Bennet Horgan

Gamble George Bakic

Fenn

Johnno/Behan Connell

Possible front 3 but not likely to get five or more out of them at all.
Unless Behan is on form again but he's after playing a good few games recently.
Also there's another right winger on trial that we didn't get to see much of yet who might get a run. Alternatively Rico might see this as the immediate preparation for Portadown which could see a full strength team ie Behan replacing Kearney, Lordan for injured Danny Murphy and Colin T O'Brien for Irish U-21 Roy O'Donovan.

Terry
14/02/2006, 2:36 PM
(i also predict the ugliest attendance on record)
Something like this. (the team, not the fans)
Devine
Lordan Murray Bennet Horgan

Gamble George Bakic

Fenn

Johnno/Behan Connell

MAN, that is an ugly bunch alright !:D

Conor H
14/02/2006, 9:49 PM
5-0 to cork if they play full team
Not far off Red4Eva:rolleyes:

Galway RESERVES 0 - Cork 1.

--------------------------------------

Edited by MOD ;)

ccfcgirl
14/02/2006, 9:54 PM
Good to see J o Flynn scoring tonight .Pity Devine got Injured .Had Galway any new players fielded tonight?

Conor H
14/02/2006, 9:56 PM
Not too sure what the team was.:o
Murphy wasn't there though....who would bey a key influence.

gufct
15/02/2006, 9:15 AM
night very encouraging performances all round with Goughy suberb again back to his best and really on top of his game.Franny and Ronan look our best combination at the back and the other players who stood out were Foley,Reilly and Davie O'Dowd. Cork didnt look as strong as Shels but i think they will improve.

Starting 11
Goughy
Keane
Franny
Ronan
Ryan O'D
Derrick
Foley
Reily
Gavin
Dowdy
Barry

Subs:
Eric
Nigel
Juan
Cookey
Billy
Liam McKenna
Grucah

Mixie,Murphs and Nicky Curran were missing.

Only about 200 brave souls on an absolutely dreadful night ****ed rain all night and sever gale gusts.Friday Nights game versus Bohs in doubt as the pitch took a fair pounding and the Oscar Traynor game is on Sunday.

Very encouraged by last night and think that if we play to this level week in week out we will be pushing hard for a top 2 slot.

James
15/02/2006, 10:14 AM
heard there was about 20 city fans made the trip
sound about right?

would love to see galway back in the premier division but think the homeless will prove too strong

gufct
15/02/2006, 10:40 AM
20 sound lads I was talking to afew of them pity the weather was so awful but then again it always buckets down when we play at home.

JW.
15/02/2006, 11:06 AM
I'd just be a bit worried about goals Tommy - none in two friendlies against the Premier teams. Do we look like scoring? I certainly wouldn't be against the idea of playing Murph in an advanced role if we had sufficient cover in midfield.
JW

gufct
15/02/2006, 11:42 AM
lines.David O'Dowd was by far the best frontman we had last night but we need someone to feed off him.The midfield duo were excellent but there are definitely places up for grabs on the wings as both Derek and Stevie didnt impress.