PDA

View Full Version : Guns N Roses new album

The Pie Man
13/02/2006, 5:57 PM
from www.breakingnews.ie

Legendary rockers Guns 'N' Roses will release their first album in 13 years next month when the long awaited Chimese Democracy finally hits store shelves.

The LP has been more than a decade in the making after a series of postponements and production problems.

Frontman Axl Rose has promised fans a more "complex" record and hinted at festival appearances this summer.

Guitarist Slash gushes: "I'm really excited. It's been a long time waiting to see what the next step was, but it's coming out in March and sounds great.

"I'm just waiting for the record to come out, so I'm glad we've finally got to the point that that's happening."

The new album contains 13 tracks with titles including Better, There Was A Time and The Blues.

i didn't even know slash was talkin to Axl, lookin forward to it, back to the school days :D

gustavo
13/02/2006, 9:51 PM
I wont believe it till i actually see the record in the shops. Why's Slash talking about the record?Probably the most anticipated album of all time.

CollegeTillIDie
16/02/2006, 10:39 AM
Possibly because Axl was unavailable for comment that day. It might well have been completed several years ago too.

$Leon$
22/02/2006, 10:30 AM
they're playing rds 9th june

anto1208
22/02/2006, 10:35 AM
i cant find it on the link but if its from the interveiw with slash its not absolutly correct , it is ment to be out this year but its ment to have been out every year for as long as i can remember , he mentioned march but its not defo , so dont get your hopes up ,

but since they have toured some of the songs you can hear them i like them but im a big G n roses fan

Terry
22/02/2006, 12:43 PM
Whats the story so with velvet revolver? They were supposed to be releasing an album in march too?

gustavo
22/02/2006, 12:54 PM
yeha what does slash have to with gnr these days , himself and axl arent exaclty pals.

anto1208
22/02/2006, 10:45 PM
yeha what does slash have to with gnr these days , himself and axl arent exaclty pals.

he says that too that there has nt been a falling out but there not friends they just dont talk ! ,says he heard a rumour from inside the business about the album coming out then .

declan hide
23/02/2006, 6:14 PM
axl hasnt spoken to slash in 10 years but has spoken to izzy recently. apparently axl is working on 25 songs and has 15 completed.

Lionel Ritchie
24/02/2006, 10:18 AM
...so is this essentially not an Axl Rose solo record under a GNR flag of convenience? -because there doesn't appear to be any other actual GNR member involved.

gustavo
24/02/2006, 5:57 PM
GNR was always Axls play thing , the man is a control freak.

CollegeTillIDie
25/02/2006, 10:24 PM
Axl Rose's thing = GNR... Mick Hucknall still calls his act Simply Red even though none of the original members are left. Different type of music same principle... the Brand name Guns N' Roses is better than Axl Rose
In Hucknall's case the Brand name Simply Red is better than being solo too.

Lionel Ritchie
27/02/2006, 8:20 AM
Axl Rose's thing = GNR... Mick Hucknall still calls his act Simply Red even though none of the original members are left. Different type of music same principle... the Brand name Guns N' Roses is better than Axl Rose
In Hucknall's case the Brand name Simply Red is better than being solo too.

not sure we're comparing like with like here College. First off I'm neither a GNR fan nor a simply red (spits) fan ...but my understanding is that Hucknall was always "legally" Simply Red and just prefered to have a moniker on his interchangable band of chicken-necking session musicians rather than be billed as a solo (podgy, ginger, squinty eyed, elavator music squawking little cnut) artist.

In GunsNRoses I believe you'd a situation where it was the rhythm guitarist Izzy Stradlin was writing much of the stuff and, as with all hard rock bands -there's an obsession (perhaps born out of insecurity about or fear of sexual disfunction) with the lead guitarists. In that scenario Slash* is at least as important a character as Axl rose.
(*does Slash have a surname? ...has anyone told him what a Slash is round these parts?)

For a hard rock comparison with Simply Red - a more suitable candidate would be the equally fcuking hideous Bon Jovi -who are essentially a gathering of session musicians around Jon Bon Jovis erm ...persona.:rolleyes:

CollegeTillIDie
27/02/2006, 8:08 PM
not sure we're comparing like with like here College. First off I'm neither a GNR fan nor a simply red (spits) fan ...but my understanding is that Hucknall was always "legally" Simply Red and just prefered to have a moniker on his interchangable band of chicken-necking session musicians rather than be billed as a solo (podgy, ginger, squinty eyed, elavator music squawking little cnut) artist.

In GunsNRoses I believe you'd a situation where it was the rhythm guitarist Izzy Stradlin was writing much of the stuff and, as with all hard rock bands -there's an obsession (perhaps born out of insecurity about or fear of sexual disfunction) with the lead guitarists. In that scenario Slash* is at least as important a character as Axl rose.
(*does Slash have a surname? ...has anyone told him what a Slash is round these parts?)

For a hard rock comparison with Simply Red - a more suitable candidate would be the equally fcuking hideous Bon Jovi -who are essentially a gathering of session musicians around Jon Bon Jovis erm ...persona.:rolleyes:

I would agree with your entire posting except that for 10 years Hucknall collaborated with the same keyboard player Fritz ( he sang the " Yes I would" part in that song " Something Got Me Started"),. Anchovy regulary featured Richie Zambora on guitar and Tico Torres on drums for almost 20 years.