PDA

View Full Version : Bobby Robson

Greenbod
13/02/2006, 3:50 PM
Anyone else think it a bit off that our highly paid International football consultant spent his Saturday afternoon at the Chelsea v Middlesboro game, where as far as I know there was no Irish involvement?

Surely there were plenty of Irish players he could have been watching on Saturday.

NeilMcD
13/02/2006, 3:57 PM
Maybe there was someone on the Middlesbrough team that he was watchilng. Was the young kid Morrison playing. I agree if there was nobody there of Irish interest he should have been at some other game.

Greenbod
13/02/2006, 4:01 PM
Is boro's Morrison Irish?

as_i_say
13/02/2006, 4:05 PM
yeah he was probably granny hunting

NeilMcD
13/02/2006, 4:05 PM
Not saying he is but you never know there could have been someone that he was looking at taht has not declared for us yet.

NeilMcD
13/02/2006, 4:06 PM
Well grannys woudl be bobbys age so fair play to him if he can still get it up.

wws
13/02/2006, 4:29 PM
he's english, and most english born players are more entertaining than irish players, little wonder he chose to watch them instead

Stuttgart88
13/02/2006, 4:40 PM
As he was in the North East for Sunday's game it makes logistical sense to be up there on Saturday I suppose. Does he still live up there?

Is it even his role to be scouting (prompting - yet again - the question of what his role eaxctly is)?

I don't think there was any opposition players featuring (e.g., Nemeth).

I actually though it more odd that Staunton was at Villa on Saturday when Given, who hardly needs scouting, was the only Irishman on view.

pete
13/02/2006, 5:02 PM
If he is a scout then one of the most highly paid scouts in football history?

Seems pointless to be scouting Euro qualifier opposition players while they playing (sitting on bench) for their club side then again Robsons role is fairly pointless anyway whatever that role may be.

JimmyP
13/02/2006, 6:03 PM
I actually though it more odd that Staunton was at Villa on Saturday when Given, who hardly needs scouting, was the only Irishman on view.

Absolutely. Both Saturday appearances had me wondering, to be honest...

TheJamaicanP.M.
13/02/2006, 6:07 PM
Maybe Bobby was there great-granny hunting! Remember Frank Quedrue would walk to Ireland to play for us!:D

hudhastings
13/02/2006, 9:54 PM
Oh dear Bobby still thinks he is the england coach it the allsimers setting in/:D

livehead1
14/02/2006, 12:44 AM
Oh dear Bobby still thinks he is the england coach it the allsimers setting in/:D
or maybe its the alzeimers? :rolleyes:

soccerc
14/02/2006, 1:00 AM
or maybe its the alzeimers? :rolleyes:
Alzheimer's you mean?

sylvo
14/02/2006, 7:36 AM
Anyone else think it a bit off that our highly paid International football consultant spent his Saturday afternoon at the Chelsea v Middlesboro game, where as far as I know there was no Irish involvement?

Surely there were plenty of Irish players he could have been watching on Saturday.

As has been said he was at Sunderland the next day watching the Sunderland v Spurs game, He was there maybe to watch Duff who only did pull out of the team a couple of days before the match.

as_i_say
14/02/2006, 7:58 AM
As has been said he was at Sunderland the next day watching the Sunderland v Spurs game, He was there maybe to watch Duff who only did pull out of the team a couple of days before the match.

Again, not exactly someone who needs scouting!

livehead1
14/02/2006, 10:15 AM
Alzheimer's you mean?
i f*ck,lol, i promise that was a typing error :p

livehead1
14/02/2006, 10:16 AM
Is boro's Morrison Irish?
no, apparently robson is going to pose as quedrues long lost grandfather. Robson is then going to claim to the irish embassy in london that he's entitled to an irish passport as he drinks guinness and goes there once a month to merrion square, which as well all know is the hearbeat of irish society

zinedineontour
14/02/2006, 10:20 AM

Daryl Murphy , Liam Lawrence and Breen were playing though .. Think Lawrence should deffo be in the squad .. We need someone who is comfortable on the right of midfield rather than playing duff or reid on the right ..

sylvo
14/02/2006, 6:47 PM
Again, not exactly someone who needs scouting!

OK The guy should have stayed home and chilled out then on saturday afternoon.

FarBeag
14/02/2006, 8:09 PM
i f*ck,lol, i promise that was a typing error :p

Well then. its only fair if you apologise to the bloke that you pulled up for his mistake.Maybe he does typos too.;)

pete
14/02/2006, 8:29 PM
When is a consultant not a scout?

:confused:

dr_peepee
16/02/2006, 3:59 AM
Had a bit of time on my hands so I done a bit of scouting of who Robson or Staunton could potentialy have been watching. As had been posted Duff or Given hardly need assessing..

Nothing turned up for boro as all seem to have intrernational apps at various levels. But for one player from Villa, young Craig "The New Bryan Robson" Gardner, I couldn't find any international History for him for England or anyone else. It just could be my imagination running wild due to his apparent lack of international history, plus Stauntons History at Villa, plus Kevin McDonalds status within the club will give him some insider knowledge... AND Dave O'Leary is hardly gonna do a Gerry Francis on us...

You heard it here first:) !!!

Stuttgart88
16/02/2006, 7:38 AM
I was wondering if it could have been Luke Moore, but he's been capped at underage level by England, or serial handballer Liam Ridgewell (no idea).

tetsujin1979
16/02/2006, 9:35 AM
I was wondering if it could have been Luke Moore, but he's been capped at underage level by England, or serial handballer Liam Ridgewell (no idea).
Ridgewell has U-21 caps for England as well, see here: http://www.thefa.com/England/U21s/NewsAndFeatures/Postings/2005/03/Under21_SquadGerAzer.htm

macdermesser
16/02/2006, 1:28 PM
James Milner according to another thread ..
http://foot.ie/showthread.php?t=33668

but don't see him in todays squad